49ers lose Mario Manningham to torn ACL, plus smith injury, vernon davis concussion, if sf is a wild card they will have a tough go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

if pats make it, the team id most like to face is minn. 

the least is atlanta and seattle

followed closely by the pack who are now back clicking on off.

just have to hope the nfc beats each other up for us to do well if we were to make it there (and that we are healthy).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I do not want to see the Pack or Atlanta, bad mathcups. I would love a rematch with Seattle (Dont care how well they are playing now) or SF.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I do not want to see the Pack or Atlanta, bad mathcups. I would love a rematch with Seattle (Dont care how well they are playing now) or SF.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Injuries play a huge role in deciding the outcome in any season. Manningham's loss isn't a huge concern in the big picture for the Niners. Smith's status is though given his impact on the defense...Davis is a stud, but since they changed QB's and a now featuring the read option, his role has been lessoned to some degree and is called upon to run block instead of being the primary target when Smith was the QB....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

SEA, GB and ATL may be the toughest match ups for the AFC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

SEA, GB and ATL may be the toughest match ups for the AFC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

exactly the 2 i would not want to see most followed by seattle, esp if tehy have both corners

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Injuries play a huge role in deciding the outcome in any season. Manningham's loss isn't a huge concern in the big picture for the Niners. Smith's status is though given his impact on the defense...Davis is a stud, but since they changed QB's and a now featuring the read option, his role has been lessoned to some degree and is called upon to run block instead of being the primary target when Smith was the QB....

disagree re: Manningham...49ers receiving corps is not deep or especially good-Davis was their best last year as a TE-and a healthy Manningham is possibly Smith's best option going into the playoffs-he is a bigger loss than you think

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

disagree re: Manningham...49ers receiving corps is not deep or especially good-Davis was their best last year as a TE-and a healthy Manningham is possibly Smith's best option going into the playoffs-he is a bigger loss than you think

I don't disagree that the loss of Manningham does hinder their game planning to some degree but losing a WR in a offense that's predicated on running the ball is not as big as say losing Gore would be...If Alex Smith was the QB, I would agree losing both he and possibly Davis would prove difficult for the Niner's...However, Smith won't be the guy taking the snaps in the post season.

Smith's loss in the middle of the defense impacts them against the run and the pass. Becasue of his ability to push the pocket and stop the run. Is often double teamed which then frees up the others. Aside from his production on the field and keeping blockers of his linebackers. In the forth quarter his loss is felt because the rest of the d-lineman will have to carry his load and that can lead to fatigue...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Right now my concern is the colts, texan game.  If the colts win, the Patriots could have top seed.  A nice position to be in.  They need to win the AFC before they can worry about the NFC.  They have the talent and ability to win it all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Right now my concern is the colts, texan game.  If the colts win, the Patriots could have top seed.  A nice position to be in.  They need to win the AFC before they can worry about the NFC.  They have the talent and ability to win it all. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Sections
Shortcuts