49ers/Pats: The Super Bowl that should have been....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

49ers/Pats: The Super Bowl that should have been....

"Examiner Bowl" will be Dec. 16th. As a fan of both teams I'm looking forward to seeing how the Patriots good O will match up against the Niners good D--these guys just dont miss tackles, and they pressure the qb. SF pasting Arizona through 3 quarters of tonight's game, and I cant help but think the loss to the Giants ticked them off enough just enough to get things turned around, and the Patriots should also be in good sync by week 15. This should be a classic SNF game.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 49ers/Pats: The Super Bowl that should have been....

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True, but to be honest, their offense (Arizona's) doesn't have the dynamic ours does.  They're just teeing off on the QB because there is no run game for Arizona right now.

Also, Fitzgerald had his bell rung early and hasn't looked right.  I just wish we ran it on Arizona in our game. That was a mistake. We made it easy on them.

SF vs NE would be a very logical SB matchup, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. I by no means see this as an easy SF victory the way some have complained on this forum. In fact, I might give a slight advantage to NE for being at home. But its going to be a great game. I hope both teams are healthy then. Alex Smith isnt Joe Montana, but he might be Phil Sims.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

"I just wish we ran it on Arizona in our game. That was a mistake. We made it easy on them."

As I recall, we did try to run the ball against the Cardinals and just couldn't do it; it didn't work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

When I was talking with Alex Smith in July we talked about the should have been Pats vs 49ers SB.  He didn't argue with me when I told him it was going to happen this season.  Man, I would love it if it worked out this way!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Let me guess Rusty you are picking the Jest and Saints to be in the SB this year, Right!  Should be plenty of seats available for that game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm not sure the outcome would have been different. Throwing 42 passes to 20 rushes against a great defense is tough. Especially when that defense has an offense that will run the ball and use higher % passing plays to keep your offense off the field. We may have been doomed either way.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

49ers Patriots ...should have been, oh well that's football  or that's lucky football for the Jints who benefitted  from assinine special teams ....

should be a great game this year.  Good clean hard football... Ridley v. Gore.  Then Brady v. Smith  . Then Lloyd v. Moss?  Will Randy be a factor in that game...?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I just wish we ran it on Arizona in our game. That was a mistake. We made it easy on them."

As I recall, we did try to run the ball against the Cardinals and just couldn't do it; it didn't work.

[/QUOTE]

Just ignore the board Jester.  We ran 30 times for < 100 yards + we lost Hernandez on the first series.  All things Crusty Sock misremembers so he can blame Brady as any good Jet fan  would.

We lost as a direct result of Ghost and indirectly due to Josh's horrible play calling.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If not for a missed FG.....  6 - 2

Sections
Shortcuts