49ers Pay Off DA Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

49ers Pay Off DA Again

Unbelievable.

He shot at some people at a party a couple of years back, had a DUI and now this verbal threat of a bomb at the airport, which is a felony for any citizen, domestic or foreign.

I wonder why this hasn't been bigger news, to be honest.  

The 49ers have certainly been shelling out the cash to bail him out and keep his record clean, but you have to wonder if they will resign him and if Goodell is hovering with a suspension due to off the field activity and his backlog of issues.

He has the weapons charges upcoming and two DUI counts as well, which is probably worth 8 games from Goodell, if not more.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/01/no-charges-49ers-aldon-smith-fake-bomb-threat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: 49ers Pay Off DA Again

Please where's the proof of 49ers paid off the DA and bailed him out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

Please where's the proof of 49ers paid off the DA and bailed him out?

I found this:

49ers OLB Aldon Smith will not be charged for his April 13 arrest for making a false bomb threat at LAX airport.
    Smith catches a huge break and is getting off extremely easy. Apparently, members of the 49ers front office were seen entering the LA district attorney's office with several large satchels Thursday afternoon and did not have the bags with them when they left a short while later. The only legal hurdle to clear for Smith now is a July 25 sentencing stemming from his no-contest plea to DUI and weapons charges. Smith is going to be suspended at the start of the season; the question is just how long he will be banned. 
    Source: Jose Falsero on Twitter Jul 1 - 1:25 PM

Who really knows?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Exactly Muz no one does so why post something as truth then? If someone said the Pats paid off a DA and paid bail for Denard without proof rusty would be going nuts, so why say this about another team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rusty is what Rusty does. Liar. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I do like that reporter Jose Falsero however. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do like that reporter Jose Falsero however. 

[/QUOTE]

He's an up-and-comer. I think we'll be seeing more from him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Yeah this is a load of bull. 

The Niners and PD continue to let him off easy. 

I know this is jumping to crazy conclusions, but his entire football career (mainly at UF) Hernandez somehow avoided trouble but then finally did the unthinkable 

I'm not saying Aldon Smith will turn into that, but if he continues to get off the hook, something really bad may eventually happen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this is jumping to crazy conclusions, but his entire football career (mainly at UF) Hernandez somehow avoided trouble but then finally did the unthinkable 

I'm not saying Aldon Smith will turn into that, but if he continues to get off the hook, something really bad may eventually happen

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Look at the things he has done with either no punishment or a slap on the wrist.  Remember when i posted about incognito and miami paying off the police last year?  Look what happened during the season.

If you keep enabling the behavior, it continues.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, in this case don't blame the police. They just make the arrest, they don't decide who gets prosecuted and who gets let off easy.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, in this case don't blame the police. They just make the arrest, they don't decide who gets prosecuted and who gets let off easy.  

[/QUOTE]

That is why i said the DA.  Remember harrison and the colts paying off that philly DA when he used that cop killing glock in the streets, lied to police and injured a child?  

This stuff happens and money talks.

Looks like sf is rolling the dice planning on re-upping aldon smith.

How much did they know?  Lmao

Ask rkrap how much sf knows.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is why i said the DA.  Remember harrison and the colts paying off that philly DA when he used that cop killing glock in the streets, lied to police and injured a child?  

This stuff happens and money talks.

Looks like sf is rolling the dice planning on re-upping aldon smith.

How much did they know?  Lmao

Ask rkrap how much sf knows.

[/QUOTE]

Goodell will give Smith 4 games and SF will give him an additional 4

Lets not confuse Smith being a dumbell with being a dangerous criminal 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

You don' t think shooting at people at a party is considered dangerous?

Driving drunk multiple times is not dangerous?  Hmm.

Let us not confuse you with being intelligent.  By the way sf is way over the cap next year, vernon davis is holding out and take a look at who they may be losing.

Window closes after 2014. Thanks bb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Let us not confuse you with being intelligent.  By the way sf is way over the cap next year, vernon davis is holding out and take a look at who they may be losing.

[/QUOTE]

Dummy, while these things are fluid, the 49'ers cap hit for 2015 as of today is $145m 

As of today, the pats 2015 cap hit is $147m. 

Have you looked at the pats free agents after this year? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dummy, while these things are fluid, the 49'ers cap hit for 2015 as of today is $145m 

As of today, the pats 2015 cap hit is $147m. 

Have you looked at the pats free agents after this year? 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Alex Boone is also holding out.  Why?  Because they just had to overpay Kaepernick, the hotshot. Flacco's deal has destroyed some other teams' QB situations all because your buddy Ozzie got caught with is pants down.

Side note: Check out this analysis on Balt's crappy teambuilding situation:

In their 18-year history, the Baltimore Ravens have cultivated a perception that their powerful defense can often carry a below-average offense to the postseason.

But that perception isn't actually true. The Ravens have made the playoffs nine times. In eight of those playoff campaigns, they finished in the upper half of the league in points scored. In six of the nine seasons in which they did not qualify for the postseason, Baltimore finished lower than 20th in scoring.

Contrary to popular belief, success for the Ravens has largely come when their offense has played well.

That doesn't bode well for the 2014 squad. The Ravens are coming off a season in which they finished 25th in the league in points scored and had horrible metrics in nearly every area. And they don't seem likely to get any better.

The addition of new offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak notwithstanding, the Ravens haven't done enough this offseason to improve their statistical outlook on offense. At this point, it's difficult to consider them a strong playoff contender.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11169239/nfl-baltimore-ravens-offense-keep-the-playoffs-2014?addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

Iupati, Gore, Crabtree, Culliver, etc, all need new deals or they're gone due to SF being over the cap for next year.

Meanwhile, only Matt Slater needs a new deal here along with McCourty.  Balke has a lot more studying to do of BB in order to catch up to the teambuiding master.

The 49ers have $5.2 million of cap room this year and are about $2 million over the cap for next year. Mike Iupati, Michael Crabtree, Glenn Dorsey, Frank Gore and Chris Culliver will be free agents. The team also has to decide if it wants to make a long-term deal with Aldon Smith. There isn't a lot of wiggle room. I don't see anything happening next year and it might be better for Davis to wait. If Jimmy Graham wins his franchise arbitration case or if he works out a deal for more than $10 million a year, Davis could be in a good spot for a bigger contract as part of a contract extension in 2015.

Major decisions have to be made about the offense over the next year. Anquan Boldin will be 34 in October. Davis is 30. Gore is 31. Stevie Johnson turns 28 this summer. The 49ers have to see if they have enough young players to move ahead past 2015. Timing is everything in negotiations and Davis' timing isn't great now for getting a new deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11153559/size-nfl-cornerback-shuffle-clayton-mailbag

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

Rusty is what Rusty does. Liar. 

[/QUOTE]

don't worry. Goodell the Jets shill and ESPN the Patriots hate network will conspire to make it look OK like nothing while they actively look for anti patriots stuff to gloat about

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Rkrap exposed 2 posts up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

before you say I am exposed, kindly list the Pats current salary cap situation, and the pending free agents after his year...

kindly do the same for the 49'ers

lets compare the list, and then see who is exposed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Aldon Smith gets a slap on the wrist for a DUI conviction and ILLEGAL assault weapons charges.  We have a serious gun problem in this country and he gets the charges reduced to misdemeanors.  Umm, wow.

His previous DUI in Florida was deemed "reckless driving" instead and his bomb threat at LAX never even brought charges.  Incredibly suspicious to see a player around this much illegal activity so soon into his career, with little to no jail time at all.

I find it hard to believe Goodell just sits there and lets this punk not see any punishment.  I am guessing a 6 game suspension, if not 8.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366062/article/aldon-smith-receives-12day-sentence-probation" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366062/article/aldon-smith-receives-12day-sentence-probation

The bigger question is, how much did the 49ers spend to pay off the cops/lawyers in all of this and will the 49ers actually give Smith a new contract.

"How much did they know"?

lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

before you say I am exposed, kindly list the Pats current salary cap situation, and the pending free agents after his year...

[/QUOTE]

Crickets. As usual. As expected. Bludgeoned. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Wow so every team pays off the DA /police for their players , but you don't think the Pats helped Denard at all?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Baloney.  BB has Ridley, Vereen, McCourty (for now), Connolly, Wendell, Bolden, Aiken, Slater, off the top of my head.

I already listed SFs names.  SF is clearly in worse shape.  They are over the cap, which is what I posted above.  SF's names are starters on the field right now, absolutely KEY players who are in no way easily replaceable. They also have TWO key starters right now who did not attend OTAs, Boone and Pro Bowl TE, Vernon Davis. We have nothing remotely close to those problems.

BB is not over the cap with contracts needing to make cuts after this season.  Not even close. 

BB will sign McCourty and probably try to sign either Ridley or Vereen,  but walk from one of them.  That's about the extent of the serious FA decisions coming up after the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Baloney.  BB has Ridley, Vereen, McCourty (for now), Connolly, Wendell, Bolden, Aiken, Slater, off the top of my head.

I already listed SFs names.  SF is clearly in worse shape.  They are over the cap, which is what I posted above.  SF's names are starters on the field right now, absolutely KEY players who are in no way easily replaceable. They also have TWO key starters right now who did not attend OTAs, Boone and Pro Bowl TE, Vernon Davis. We have nothing remotely close to those problems.

BB is not over the cap with contracts needing to make cuts after this season.  Not even close. 

BB will sign McCourty and probably try to sign either Ridley or Vereen,  but walk from one of them.  That's about the extent of the serious FA decisions coming up after the season.

[/QUOTE]

Pats are over $2m more than SF

Pats have 21 potential FA's

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow so every team pays off the DA /police for their players , but you don't think the Pats helped Denard at all?

[/QUOTE]

No, I don't.  I think Dennard served his time and it was as predicted.    Next, each incident with Dennard occurred when he had a totally clean record and in one town, Lincoln, NE, which screams some sort of racist PD.

It's his bed to lay in, but Dennard never had as much as a speeding ticket before. 

Meanwhile, Smith has committed crimes all over the country, none more serious than possession automatic weapons that are not even registered.   Goodell doesn't like that.  He suspended Burress for 1 year because Burress didn't register his in NY and because he brought it into a nightclub which is a felony.

To compare Dennard to Aldon Smith's situation is moronic.  Dennard also didn't get his DUI dropped to "reckless driving". Dennard admitted he had some beers which was a violation of his probation, but he had no DUI.

For you to be so dumb and lack an understanding in the two situations is embarrassing.

Aldon Smith used automatic weapons against people at a party and then got absolutely no punishment for dropping a bomb threat at the airport.  I would say this guy has a big time screw loose and is a danger to society.

SF enabling and empowering Smith so blatantly while the media strings up BB and lies about his handling of Hernandez, while ignoring the 49ers behavior, is as disingenuous as it gets.