5 & 6 Seeds To Change Next Week? I say yes, you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

5 & 6 Seeds To Change Next Week? I say yes, you?

DEN & the jest currently own 5 & 6 seeds. I say that all changes next week.
    What say there you?

BALT win@OAK
    PIT win@MIA
    DEN win vs. KC
    NYJ lose VS. CIN (sun night)
    HOU lose vs. NE

that would make: BALT, PIT, DEN at 9-7
                            HOU & Jest at 8-8

Since DEN lost to both BAL & PIT head2head

It's: 
    1 INDY
    2 SD
    3 NE 
    4 CIN
    5 BAL
    6 PIT   

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: 5 & 6 Seeds To Change Next Week? I say yes, you?

I don't think it's possible for the Steelers to pass the Ravens.  I think they'd be the 6th seed if anything at all.

I'd love to see Pittsburgh make it and go to Indianapolis in the second round, though.  I think with Polamalu back they'd be able to upset the Colts and bring the Championship game back to Foxborough if the Pats can do their part.  As much as I'd like beating the Colts, beating the Steelers would be almost as satisfying and seeing it in person would more than make up the difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pit is at the bottom of the heap for all tie breakers..  they need help to get to the top. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

If Denver wins, they are in according to this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

According to your scenario - it would be:

Indy
    SD
    NE
    Cin
    Den
    Balt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If the Pats win they clinch #3.  Berman was saying since the Jets-Bengals got moved to 8pm the Bengals will have nothing to play for if the Patriots win.  I think the Pats win and then Cincy gives the Jests yet another free pass setting up a first round rematch.  Ravens beat Raiders and come to Foxboro imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

That's 2 years in a row that the Jets game was moved to a later time.  Last year, due to the move, the Jets knew they had nothing to play for by game time.  This year Cinci may have the same situation.

I understand that the league is trying to maxmize ratings but they may be sacrificing integrity. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Cincy is not the Colts. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Dogg

LOOK:

Three or More Clubs(wildcard)

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
    2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in conference games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

If PIT, BAL & DEN all finish 9-7
    rule 1&2 put PIT on top as they are 2-0 vs BAL & 1-0 vs. DEN
    rule 3 for conference record does not come into play
    then with BAL & DEN tied at 9-7 rule 2 states BAL based on head2head
    again before conference record comes into play with rule 3

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

NE has the tie breaker over CINCY...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"If PIT, BAL & DEN all finish 9-7
    rule 1&2 put PIT on top as they are 2-0 vs BAL & 1-0 vs. DEN
    rule 3 for conference record does not come into play
    then with BAL & DEN tied at 9-7 rule 2 states BAL based on head2head
    again before conference record comes into play with rule 3"

You're wrong guy, Baltimore beat Pittsburgh the first time (Dennis Dixon at qb) and holds the tie break over them.  A lot has to happen for the Steelers to get into the playoffs.

"Cincy is not the Colts."

Of course they're not since they are not 14-1 but I bet you they will pull starters in the 2nd half if they even play at all.  They have zero to play for, so why would they risk losing to the Jets full-manned and then have to face them a week later having revealed their hand.  If they were 15-0 it would be different, but they're not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I forgot about the Dixon factor game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

so DEN BAL & PIT at 9-7 would be 

5 BAL
    6 PIT
    7 DEN

because division tie breaker & conference record is applied after head2head sweep.
    and DEN was swept by BAL & PIT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The way I see it Cincinnati lets NY win.  If you're Cincy why on earth would you risk letting Pittsburgh slide in and have to beat them again.  I'm sure they haven't forgotten 2005 when they were 3 and Pitt was 6! The Jets are by far the weakest of that bunch...  The Pats sat key players so they could determine who their opponent would be in 2005 by losing to a weak Miami team to set up a first round match with Jacksonville, I see the Bengals doing the same thing here.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

OK and the "weakest of the bunch" did beat you. Oh yeah, Tammy brady was "rusty" Get a clue

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm reading that the Jets are the #5 seed if they win and then Baltimore is the #6 seed if they win.  Then comes Denver, Pittsburgh and Houston locked in sort of a tiebreaker circle with Houston getting the worst of the three spots, then Jacksonville and poor pitiful Miami on the bottom.

- - Houston's motivation problem - -

Houston needs to beat the Patriots + (either the Jets to lose at home versus Cincy or Baltimore to lose away to Oakland) + they need Denver to lose at home to Kansas City.  Lets look at the third piece.

Why in the world is Denver going to lose at home to Kansas City??  Not good odds at all for Houston's needs.  KC is 13 point underdogs.  Saint Jude territory.  That game is at 4:15, after Houston plays.  The Cincy-Jets game is after Denver so Denver will want to try to get a playoff seed. 

Here's the give-it-up logic.  If Houston manages to win, Cincy has something to play for at 8:00 pm, the #3 seed.  So that real possibility inspires Denver to clobber Kansas City at home, with a fair shot at the playoffs as incentive.  Denver is a 13 point favorite.  So then Houston loses out anyways.

The other problem for Houston is that the Jets are a 9.5 point favorite and Baltimore is a 10 point favorite.  If they both win, curtains.

So realistically, Houston needs to face up to the real need to reserve tee times for next Monday.  Honestly, Houston has a 995/1000 chance of golfing on Monday unless the suburban Houston greens are covered with snow.  It's over, Texans.  Play for pride, play for individual stats or shut the injured players down, Texans.  Oh, and finally there's the New England Patriots who might want to lock down a #3 seed.

- - The Cincy - Jets motivation - -

If New England beats Houston, Cincy is locked into a potential 2 game series with the Jets, one in New Jersey and the second game in Cincy.  While the Jets have a chance or while the Jets are comfortably ahead, look for both teams to ignore the immediate score and just hit each other's good players as hard as possible.  What's 15 yards for a personal foul when the playoff game is next week, not this week?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It won't matter Cincy will lay down (rest starters) at NYJ who will be #5 and then travel to Cincy for wildcard game, Pitt, Balt or Den could be #6 and headed to Foxborough.

I don't think balt is safe in Oak. Hasn't Oakland alrleady beat Cincy and Pitt?

I think Den is safe at home against KC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

BAL will loose @ OAK..

and then cry that Refs just did them in...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Don't count Houston out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

The fuuny thing is that the bragging Jests fans (Leon and his family) are too stupid to realize that teams only want to see them in the playoffs because they'll be an easy victory. If you were scheduled to fight Mike Tyson for a championship and you could replace him with a ten year old girl what would you do?

Sections
Shortcuts