#5 @ #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: #5 @ #1

Let's be clear about the San Diego Football Padres lone victory in the playoffs since the last Patriots one. they did it as 8-8 AFC West "Champions" the year that the 11-5 Patriots finished tied for first and lost a tiebreaker to qualify for the playoffs. basically, the NFL's version of the bailout, not coincidentally in January, 2009 when the whole country was crazy with bailout fever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I will miss Norv.  Longest tenure among all NFL coaches with a less than .500 record.

I don't blame you for saying "#5@#1!"  You actually had a pretty good team and you lost by a tiebreaker.

The Steelers have injury problems.  Big Ben Roofies is playing hurt.  It means something when your #1 running back goes down, and when as a running team you haven't really got an offensive line.  They are going to have to struggle against Denver's defense.  Maybe Tebow can actually pull it together, maybe not.  My game of the week is Denver plus all those points.  Give me credit JBolt:  last week I picked the Chargers to ruin Oakland's chances and they came through with a 12 point victory.

The Houston-Cincy game is questionable on both sides.  Two rookie QBs have to prove themselves in a pressure cooker.  We'll just have to see who shows up in Foxboro.

Later:  You mean Norv isn't leaving?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Why on earth would somebody who comes from a history of the pathetic San Diego Chargers come over here to talk trash when the Chargers only own One AFL Championship from 1963?  The Bolts also only have One Conference Championship which was from the 1994 Season only to get Smoked by the 49ers 49 to 26 in the 1995 Super Bowl. 

J-Bolt, Congratulations on your Team retaining Norv.  As a Patriot Fan, I'm very happy for me.  May your Team keep him as a coach forever.  

Here's to the AFC West where an 8 and 8 Season Rocks!   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

More stuff:  Pittsburgh won't even bring their starting free safety to Denver.  He's not injured, but the mile high air could possibly injure the guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

The Steelers, especially the offense has been awful on the road this season. Barely squeaked by Indy, Cleveland, Kanas City... lost to Houston,Baltimore & San Fran., three playoff teams.  The offense has been too inconsistent on the road to make a run this season. Maybe, and I say maybe they might get past Denver, but the Steelers will not beat Baltimore or New England on the road. I think it will come down to Baltimore & The Patriots. The Baltimore  defense isn't what it used to be. So if it comes down to an offensive shootout, I can't see Flacco out dueling Brady. Green Bay or New Orleans against the Patriots would probably be one of the most exciting SB's in a long time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I don't think it ever happens.  Houston is playing Jake F'ing Delhomme.  Cinci will win that one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: #5 @ #1:
    [QUOTE]The Steelers, especially the offense has been awful on the road this season. Barely squeaked by Indy, Cleveland, Kanas City... lost to Houston,Baltimore & San Fran., three playoff teams.  The offense has been too inconsistent on the road to make a run this season. Maybe, and I say maybe they might get past Denver, but the Steelers will not beat Baltimore or New England on the road. I think it will come down to Baltimore & The Patriots. The Baltimore  defense isn't what it used to be. So if it comes down to an offensive shootout, I can't see Flacco out dueling Brady. Green Bay or New Orleans against the Patriots would probably be one of the most exciting SB's in a long time.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

I still think the Steelers are the most balanced team in the AFC--maybe in the league--with a good defense and a decent offense.  But I'm not sure balance is what's going to win it this year.  If the Pats' offense starts to score like it can against the Pitt defense, there's no way Pitt's offense can keep up, even if the Pats' D gives up 24 points.  The key for Pitt is to stop the Pats' O and mount some long drives of their own like they did last game.  As you say, though, it is going to be a lot harder to do both those things on the road with the crowd noise against you on offense and not helping you on defense. I think the Pats will win, but I never count the Steelers out.  They're just too good a team to do that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 : internet toughguy let me guess 5'8" 165 
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Way to ignore the point.  Why come here and act stupid?  Mad because your team kept Norv and AJ?  Keep that to yourself.  Oh, and if a 5'8" guy punches you directly in the throat, you are going down. And you may not be getting up.  Internet tough guy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wow, this took big ones Jbolt. I'm sure you're hoping it works out that way and it might......but to come on here and talk smack about the Pats missing the last two years is un-called for.

To be honest with you I hope your right. I'd rather see Pitt come in. I see it being a lot easier taking them down after seeing them this year than it would be to see a healthy Cincy.
    Do you think Ben's ankle is coming out of that Denver game better or worse with Miller and Dummervil working that offensive line?

Why don't you do what the rest of that pathetic city does at this time of year and hide your face under one of Norv's neck flaps in shame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to #5 @ #1:
    [QUOTE]Looks like to me that the steelers will roll in to the Razor. Might be a tough game.  Will you get your first post season win in 4 years? m List of teams that have won a post season game more recently than the PATRIOTS: SAN DIEGO CHARGERS SEA TTLE SEAHAWKS NY JEST BALIMORE RAVENS PITTSBURGH STEELERS GREEN BAY PACKERS CHICAGO BEARS DALLAS COWBOYS ARIZONA CARDINALS NEW ORLEANS  SAINTS INDY CLOTS PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   MINNESOTA VIKINGS NY GIANTS Man, that is alot of teams (14 to be exact) Will you get off the snide?  If it's the Steelers coming in, it'll be interesting to see how the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year players that have never won a post season game respond to the physical team that already beat them 25-17 and doubled them in yardage 427 to 213. This game is huge. That game the Pats had 2 weeks off for too, didn't they?  Interesting.     

Do you read responses to your post? If so here is one: will you be back here with an updated list after the Pats first playiff game? After their second? If they win the SB will you be back with a list of the other 31 teams that didn't win it?

Another question for you: did you appreciate the post listing the teams that have made the playoffs more recently than the Charges? How about teams that have won SBs more recently than the Chargers? OK, let's make it easy... how about teams that had winning records (that would be OVER .500)?

Suggestion: boycott the Chargers till they get rid of Smith and Turner. You had a very good coach in Shottenheimer and let him go for Turner!?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to #5 @ #1:
    [QUOTE]Looks like to me that the steelers will roll in to the Razor. Might be a tough game.  Will you get your first post season win in 4 years? m List of teams that have won a post season game more recently than the PATRIOTS: SAN DIEGO CHARGERS SEA TTLE SEAHAWKS NY JEST BALIMORE RAVENS PITTSBURGH STEELERS GREEN BAY PACKERS CHICAGO BEARS DALLAS COWBOYS ARIZONA CARDINALS NEW ORLEANS  SAINTS INDY CLOTS PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   MINNESOTA VIKINGS NY GIANTS Man, that is alot of teams (14 to be exact) Will you get off the snide?  If it's the Steelers coming in, it'll be interesting to see how the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year players that have never won a post season game respond to the physical team that already beat them 25-17 and doubled them in yardage 427 to 213. This game is huge. That game the Pats had 2 weeks off for too, didn't they?  Interesting.     

Thanks!

No go on out there and enjoy those special So Cal Sundays, not having to bore yourself with Bolt Football until next summer. Gonna be another long winter out there...........

Ain't envy a pissah?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 : Way to ignore the point.  Why come here and act stupid?  Mad because your team kept Norv and AJ?  Keep that to yourself.  Oh, and if a 5'8" guy punches you directly in the throat, you are going down. And you may not be getting up.  Internet tough guy. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    The bigger they are the harder they fall, right?.........

.........well, they smaller they are the farther they fly. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]The Steelers, especially the offense has been awful on the road this season. Barely squeaked by Indy, Cleveland, Kanas City... lost to Houston,Baltimore & San Fran., three playoff teams.  The offense has been too inconsistent on the road to make a run this season. Maybe, and I say maybe they might get past Denver, but the Steelers will not beat Baltimore or New England on the road. I think it will come down to Baltimore & The Patriots. The Baltimore  defense isn't what it used to be. So if it comes down to an offensive shootout, I can't see Flacco out dueling Brady. Green Bay or New Orleans against the Patriots would probably be one of the most exciting SB's in a long time.

Once again, I just don't understand what kind of a Steelers fan would say the team doesn't have a chance. You go out of your way to bl0w the Patriots all the time. Why?

Pitt is a great team and I have a lot of respect for them. That being said, f them. I hate them but to say they don't have a shot to beat NE is assinine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Since the NFL Merger, the Chargers are 306-337-5,  these 8-8 seasons recently have been improving the Franchise Post-Merger Stats,  Congrats to Charger Nation!

They have more Super Bowl appearances than the Houston Texans, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars and La Jolla Junior High School Powder Puff COMBINED!!!

They have scored more Super Bowl points than the New Jersey Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Tenessee Titans, Atlanta Falcons and Arizona Cardinals.

Defensively, they have an even more impressive Super Bowl legacy, they have held their combined opponents to fewer points scored than the Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Oakland/LA Raiders, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants and green Bay Pckers!!! WOW!!!  That is some seriously impressive competition they have beaten out!!!

Not sure how these Patriot trolls can reproach the accomplished Charges and Charger Nation, they must be unaware of the impressive feats accomplished by Gang Charger!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]was actually surprised to see this kind of a post from u jbolt.  A good luck would have sufficed.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Actually, I do not think JBolt wants to see the Pats succeed AT ALL!!  He is just waiting for the game to play out so he can come back here and laugh at us all!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Steel, that is why they "play the game"!  You have your reservations about the Steelers and Pats fans have theirs about the Pats.  I am certain both teams feel they can overcome their flaws and make it to the big dance.  For the very same "balance" many pundits give credit to the Steelers as a reason they see them making it to the SB, the defensive woes of the Pats is a reason so many think the Pats will be lucky to win ONE playoff game.  I am just glad fan and talking head opinions are not the basis for how a team does, it is how they play that day! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 :  The point is - 4 years is a long time. Gonna have prove something other than 14-2 and no W in the postseason. 

The chargers have nothing to prove as they are and always will be the laughing stock of the league. They are completely irrelevant and will never win a playoff game. Go back to mommy loser.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

San Diego Chargers are the Jets of the west.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 : Once again, I just don't understand what kind of a Steelers fan would say the team doesn't have a chance. You go out of your way to bl0w the Patriots all the time. Why? Pitt is a great team and I have a lot of respect for them. That being said, f them. I hate them but to say they don't have a shot to beat NE is assinine.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Of course Steelcurtain want's Pittsburg to win.  He just tries to be a little humble when he's talking on a Patriots Board.  I think this is a good thing.  If I ever made a comment on a Steeler Board, I would try to show a little humility. This is because no matter how much I don't like some of the Steeler Players, I have to respect what Pittsburg has accomplished as a football team.  If we face the Steelers in the playoffs they will be a formidible opponent.

OTOH, when it comes to the Jests or the Chargers they get absolutely no respect from me because all they do is talk.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't think its humble to say they don't have a chance if the play NE, its just weird. He's said this several times, even right after they beat NE. I admire his respect and honesty but it just baffles me that he thinks his team can't beat NE or Baltimore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KYGABE. Show KYGABE's posts

I used to live in San Diego (03-05) all Chargers fan talk like their team has won the superbowl every year. JPUZZ is just as dilusional as all of Chargers fans. The bad thing is that I will be getting station there again for 3 years and I have to listen to this dilusional fans all over again.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]JBoltz another reason for us to celebrate the return of N0-Nerve-Turner.  Good news for you though with the Pats in the SB that opens up 8 spots in the Pro-bowl, maybe your season isn't over!
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

Good one!!  That is gonna leave a scar...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they havent won on the scoreboard yes, but last year they were the #1 seed so they got a free win, this year they get a free win as well...but yea its frustrating, a team this talented losing three straight playoff games is disheartening

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 : internet toughguy let me guess 5'8" 165 

Yep, I'm an internet tough guy.

On the other hand, I'm not an internet puzzzy, who goes trolling on other fan site boards to talk smack when his perrennial loser team can't make it to the dance.

That would be you.