#5 @ #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Re: #5 @ #1

should be discuss teams that have won the superbowl since the last time the chargers did? im sure that number is pretty large as well

Actually, that number would be 45! Wait, that's ALL the teams to ever win a SB! Even the Jests won it the ONE time they got there. Ugly, but a win. The one time SD made it they got smacked hard. Was almost a 50-burger on them! JBolt just has nothing better to do since he certainly isn't going to any playoff games this year! As for the Steelers coming to the Razor, they'll need to get by Denver (with a limping QB) first...that is if Houston can beat the Bungles! If the Texans choke they'd have to go to Baltimore first. Even if they managed to win there, they'd probably be pretty b a n g e d up. And the last time they beat NE in October we saw how BB made the right adjustments. In any scenario, it does not deflect the fact that the Chargers MISSED THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I can't believe they made me change "b a n g e d"! This is ridiculous!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I can certainly understand your take on my comment... but I'm more of a realist when it comes to the Steelers. I realize that any team can beat any other team on any given day. Take the Rams win over the Saints earlier this season. But the Steelers have been awful on the road this year. As for beating New England in Fox Boro, it just doesn't happen very much. I know they lost in the playoffs the past two years, but I think the Patriots & the Saints are peaking at the right time this year. It's just my opinion but I think the adversity the Patriots have had to overcome (especially falling behind by a few touchdowns) will probably pay off for them this year. Things haven't come as easy for them as maybe they did in other years during the regular season.
     I think the Steelers match up better with Baltimore than they do with New England. I still think the downfall of the Steelers will come from a good passing team. Just as it did in the Super Bowl last season. Their stats may be good this season, but many of us here in Pittsburgh know that they are vulnerable against a good passing team. I also realize that the Patriots, Saints, Packers and even the Ravens have struggled on defense this year. But the Patriots, Saints & Packers are firing on all cylinders, on offense right now.
       I'm not saying it's impossible but in my own opinion, I don't see the Steelers or the 49er's (two teams that win with their defense) scoring enough points to beat any of these three teams. I'm not speaking for anybody else in Pittsburgh, it's just my opinion. I will be cheering for them, and they will still be my team, win or lose. But I've watched them struggle to barely beat some bad teams on the road this season, and that's mostly what I base my opinion on.
      Enjoy your week off! At least you won't have to be on the edge of your seat this weekend any way!

In Response to Re: #5 @ #1:
    [QUOTE]I don't think its humble to say they don't have a chance if the play NE, its just weird. He's said this several times, even right after they beat NE. I admire his respect and honesty but it just baffles me that he thinks his team can't beat NE or Baltimore.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]
    Steelers beat the Patriots pretty handily the first go around. It really wasn't that close (from what I can remember).  Will it be tougher the second go around in Foxboro?  Sure, but Steelers will beat the Patriots again if they play like they did the first time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 : Steelers beat the Patriots pretty handily the first go around. It really wasn't that close (from what I can remember).  Will it be tougher the second go around in Foxboro?  Sure, but Steelers will beat the Patriots again if they play like they did the first time.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Well, Bubba, OF COURSE the Pats would lose a second time to the Steelers if they played like they did in the first game!  I certainly hope they won't!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Steelcurtain... That's deep... And it's hard to argue with . Oh well I guess it's our year and for reasons that are beyond even your in depth commentary .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 : Actually, I do not think JBolt wants to see the Pats succeed AT ALL!!  He is just waiting for the game to play out so he can come back here and laugh at us all!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    No, It's a legit concern about the Patriot young players in the post season that have never won a playoff game. Until they do, the monkey grows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]  I can certainly understand your take on my comment... but I'm more of a realist when it comes to the Steelers. I realize that any team can beat any other team on any given day. Take the Rams win over the Saints earlier this season. But the Steelers have been awful on the road this year. As for beating New England in Fox Boro, it just doesn't happen very much. I know they lost in the playoffs the past two years, but I think the Patriots & the Saints are peaking at the right time this year. It's just my opinion but I think the adversity the Patriots have had to overcome (especially falling behind by a few touchdowns) will probably pay off for them this year. Things haven't come as easy for them as maybe they did in other years during the regular season.  I think the Steelers match up better with Baltimore than they do with New England. I still think the downfall of the Steelers will come from a good passing team. Just as it did in the Super Bowl last season. Their stats may be good this season, but many of us here in Pittsburgh know that they are vulnerable against a good passing team. I also realize that the Patriots, Saints, Packers and even the Ravens have struggled on defense this year. But the Patriots, Saints & Packers are firing on all cylinders, on offense right now.    I'm not saying it's impossible but in my own opinion, I don't see the Steelers or the 49er's (two teams that win with their defense) scoring enough points to beat any of these three teams. I'm not speaking for anybody else in Pittsburgh, it's just my opinion. I will be cheering for them, and they will still be my team, win or lose. But I've watched them struggle to barely beat some bad teams on the road this season, and that's mostly what I base my opinion on.   Enjoy your week off! At least you won't have to be on the edge of your seat this weekend any way!   In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 :
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

SC, you have always been my favorite non-Pats fan poster on this board. Even if you thought Pitt were superior to NE this year, you would say so in the same humble way with sound reasoning for your viewpoint.

Refreshing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]  I can certainly understand your take on my comment... but I'm more of a realist when it comes to the Steelers. I realize that any team can beat any other team on any given day. Take the Rams win over the Saints earlier this season. But the Steelers have been awful on the road this year. As for beating New England in Fox Boro, it just doesn't happen very much. I know they lost in the playoffs the past two years, but I think the Patriots & the Saints are peaking at the right time this year. It's just my opinion but I think the adversity the Patriots have had to overcome (especially falling behind by a few touchdowns) will probably pay off for them this year. Things haven't come as easy for them as maybe they did in other years during the regular season.  I think the Steelers match up better with Baltimore than they do with New England. I still think the downfall of the Steelers will come from a good passing team. Just as it did in the Super Bowl last season. Their stats may be good this season, but many of us here in Pittsburgh know that they are vulnerable against a good passing team. I also realize that the Patriots, Saints, Packers and even the Ravens have struggled on defense this year. But the Patriots, Saints & Packers are firing on all cylinders, on offense right now.    I'm not saying it's impossible but in my own opinion, I don't see the Steelers or the 49er's (two teams that win with their defense) scoring enough points to beat any of these three teams. I'm not speaking for anybody else in Pittsburgh, it's just my opinion. I will be cheering for them, and they will still be my team, win or lose. But I've watched them struggle to barely beat some bad teams on the road this season, and that's mostly what I base my opinion on.   Enjoy your week off! At least you won't have to be on the edge of your seat this weekend any way!   In Response to Re: #5 @ #1 :
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]Candid and succinct. Spoken like a true fan. I think the Steelers are too b a n g e d up to put up the numbers that will be needed.