5 BEST SPORTS RIVALRIES SINCE 2000

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

5 BEST SPORTS RIVALRIES SINCE 2000

Figured I would change it up a bit for a little fun and see what my Pats fan friends think.

Kept this list to new millenium to modernize it (we all know the historic ones though two are here) and figured dozen years is good enough sample. Plus my list includes two of your fine city's franchises.

I went individual and team and included college. I am sure there are plenty more but here are mine-an this is not necessarily in any order 

Yankees vs Red Sox

Steelers vs Ravens

Patriots vs Colts

Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal

Duke vs N Carolina

What say you Pats fans?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: 5 BEST SPORTS RIVALRIES SINCE 2000

This whole board vs you haha

Its a good list Jints. I think I'd change the colts with the jets because even though the colts gave us more competition than the jests, I think the rivalry is older. Otherwise good list

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Its a good list Jints. I think I'd change the colts with the jets because even though the colts gave us more competition than the jests, I think the rivalrie is older. Otherwise good list

He left one main Boston rivalry off...

Bruins / Habs

Good call! That one has been around awhile and always heated

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pacquiao-Marquez has to be listed in there somewhere!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

Its a good list Jints. I think I'd change the colts with the jets because even though the colts gave us more competition than the jests, I think the rivalrie is older. Otherwise good list

He left one main Boston rivalry off...

Bruins / Habs

He framed it as "since" and then put the Yanks/Sox on there, so it was confusing. It almost appeared he was looking for rivalries unfolding since 2000. Steelers/Ravens, etc.

I would add Tiger and Phil and without question, the Montreal/Bruins rekindling, not that it lost its luster.

Flat out, those two teams hate each other's guts. I hate Montreal more than the Yanks and Jets.    I wouldn't be shocked to see a Montreal/Boston East Conf Final when it's all said and done, depending how things shake down in the East.

It's hard to explain, but most people don't care about hockey.   But, I freaking hate those gutless puukes.

I would also put Gatti/Mickey Ward in there. 3 amazing fights. Just epics.  

sorry to be confusing...i did mean since 2000-i included yanks-sox and duke-unc because though they are classics i feel since 2000 they have been as good as any others out there

the others are obviously 2000 onward

good call on gatti-ward definitely classics

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Its a good list Jints. I think I'd change the colts with the jets because even though the colts gave us more competition than the jests, I think the rivalry is older. Otherwise good list

yeah i meant from 2000 on...jets-pats definitely much older but colts-pats not only fits the 2000-present bill but unlike many pats-jets games colts-pats were usually good games and had something on the line-like u said better competition and brady vs manning

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Figured I would change it up a bit for a little fun and see what my Pats fan friends think.

Kept this list to new millenium to modernize it (we all know the historic ones though two are here) and figured dozen years is good enough sample. Plus my list includes two of your fine city's franchises.

I went individual and team and included college. I am sure there are plenty more but here are mine-an this is not necessarily in any order 

Yankees vs Red Sox

Steelers vs Ravens

Patriots vs Colts

Duke vs N Carolina

What say you Pats fans?

i think the Patriots-Colts rivalry is dead now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Yankees vs Red Sox

Steelers vs Ravens

Patriots vs Colts

Duke vs N Carolina

What say you Pats fans?

i think the Patriots-Colts rivalry is dead now.

maybe not...Luck vs Brady at least for a year or two? could rekindle old flames

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Harvard/Yale   BeanPot   Army/Navy  Gators/Bulldogs  (largest cocktail party in the world) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

British Football:
    ManU v. Chelsea

Professional Poker:
    Daniel Negreanu v. Annie Duke

Message Boarding:
    Rusty v. (in alphabetical order) BabeParilli, bredbru, danemcmenimen, JayShizzle, Jintsfan, Leon, mthurl, Pezz, PhatRex, Ricky, rkarp, t-cal, TFB12, TP, UD6, and various other disgusting humans including irrationals, trolls, BBWs, Felger/Mazz groupies, millenials, pink hats, and so on/so forth...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

British Football:
    ManU v. Chelsea

Professional Poker:
    Daniel Negreanu v. Annie Duke

Message Boarding:
    Rusty v. (in alphabetical order) BabeParilli, bredbru, dancemacmenimen, JayShizzle, Jintsfan, Leon, mthurl, Pezz, PhatRex, Ricky, rkarp, t-cal, TFB12, TP, UD6, and various other disgusting humans including irrationals, trolls, BBWs, Felger/Mazz groupies, millenials, pink hats, and so on/so forth...

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'd make a case for Alabama vs LSU. It is pretty much always a top 10 matchup and they played eachother for a championship last year. Oh, and they've won a combined 5 championships since 2003!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Montreal/Bruins rekindling, not that it lost its luster.

Flat out, those two teams hate each other's guts. I hate Montreal more than the Yanks and Jets.    I wouldn't be shocked to see a Montreal/Boston East Conf Final when it's all said and done, depending how things shake down in the East.

That would be an intense series! But I don't see Montreal making it there.

Pittsburgh will be real tough to beat. I'd love to see them run into Lundqvist in the first round rather than the Sens or Isles.