5 RB's???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

5 RB's???

Why do we need 5 running backs?? What is wrong with BJGE,Woodhead and the 2 rookies(Ridley  and Vereen)?? Why???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: 5 RB's???

'cause that 5th RB you are talking about deserves a spot if he's healthy.  I'm not ready not too see him gone yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

When healthy, Faulk is the best in the NFL at what he does, let's see if he's still got it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: 5 RB's???:
    [QUOTE]Because if you dont want Kevin Faulk on this football team you can go F yourself
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

WOW...lol. We need another 3RD down back??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Im asking why we need 5 rb's??? That is all im doing? Ive seen many posts of not needing anymore wr's so why sign another RB? How will all 5 backs be used??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to 5 RB's???:
    [QUOTE]Why do we need 5 running backs?? What is wrong with BJGE,Woodhead and the 2 rookies(Ridley  and Vereen)?? Why???
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

Quit with the gloom and doom. Why, Why, Why? Cause BB makes the calls

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Why do we need 5 running backs?? What is wrong with BJGE,Woodhead and the 2 rookies(Ridley  and Vereen)?? Why???
    So, are you saying Faulk has no place on this team?  Who goes and who stays?  Faulk is a PROVEN player who continued to contribute until his knee injury last year.  Until proven otherwise, he is still a valuable member of the Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I think it's a perfectly reasonable question.  I'm a huge Faulk fan, but the depth might be better suited for other positions...maybe the defensive side of the ball?  My hope is that Faulk shows that he still deserves the spot with his play....he doesn't deserve it just because he has a place in our hearts, that's not the way BB teams work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Might we see a fantom woodhead or vereen injury requiring an IR visit?  Frankly I'd rather have faulk on the bench right now then Price, 85, or vereen right now.  He will be another Brady security blanket right off.  Woodhead might be quicker, but he isn't the 3rd down back faulk is.  We also have an awful lot of DL men at the moment.  Might we see a phantom IR trip for another guy here within the next 3 weeks?  1 guy replaced wright, but the second guy replaces....Who?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Excellent thread even with the attack dogs hitting hard.  There is no need for Faulk.  We didn't need him last year and we don't need him this year.  Time to move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Because if you dont want Kevin Faulk on this football team you can go F yourself
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Perfect answer, well done MVP.

Also, who knows what is going on with BJGE's toe, if it's turf toe it will become a serious problem. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am assuming that Pats go with 3-4 rb's on the game day 45 depending on the opposition. Teams like Pitts, Giants and Jets that can bring pressure will see Faulk on the game day for his pass protection, while spread em out teams will get Ridley and Vereen. Benny and Woodhead will be the staples

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Because Faulk is a team leader and when healthy is the best 3DRB in the league. He has been Brady's safety net for a decade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

no need for 5 RBs. that said, faulk deserves to be looked at. if he's still good, why not play him? that means either woodhead or vereen has to go. five RBs while having price and ocho on your roster just does not make sense. i would rather have them get help on the d side.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Faulk will not be on the team for long if he does not earn his keep. Personally I think Woodhead is better at the moment but if Woodhead gets hurt again your going to want Faulk out there, I know I will. In the NFL, roster spots are so limited that you do not keep an older player on the team unless he can contribute. Bruschi and Troy Brown lost it and retired gracefully and I expect nothing less from Faulk, but I think he still has game and I think he will play and contribute just fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Excellent thread even with the attack dogs hitting hard.  There is no need for Faulk.  We didn't need him last year and we don't need him this year.  Time to move on.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

stones tcal saying that on this board. props.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE] Faulk will not be on the team for long if he does not earn his keep. Personally I think Woodhead is better at the moment but if Woodhead gets hurt again your going to want Faulk out there, I know I will. In the NFL, roster spots are so limited that you do not keep an older player on the team unless he can contribute. Bruschi and Troy Brown lost it and retired gracefully and I expect nothing less from Faulk, but I think he still has game and I think he will play and contribute just fine.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

hi cc, so who you suggesting goes to make room on the 53

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Forget last year, what has Woodhead done THIS year? (other than giving away the Buffalo game when he allowed a ball to hit him in the hands and he couldnt catch it and it was ultimately picked off)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

How soon we forget and once we forget, guys who have played their hearts out for our team become expendable, even if they really aren't,  Fans truly are fickle in pursuit of what?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 5 RB's??? : Forget last year, what has Woodhead done THIS year? (other than giving away the Buffalo game when he allowed a ball to hit him in the hands and he couldnt catch it and it was ultimately picked off)
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

if brady had given him one more half of a second, he would have caught that ball. terrible pass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

To answer the original question I don't see the need. Is Vareen hurt? I haven't heard boo from him since the preseaon and that wasn't even more than a few carries.
    Faulk won't go anywhere but it won't be because of his past accomplishments.....it'll be because he can still bring it and wouldn't be out there if he couldn't.

Let's just hope BJGE doesn't have Taylor-Toe

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I'd like to see 'em all line up on the same snap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

same reason we need 6 WR's but only 2 of them see the ball.

Injuries and different backs doing doing different things.

That being said, it is possible that they place a guy like Vareen on I/R depending on how good faulk looks in his return.  Also depends on if Deaderick and/or Brace will play.

We have more wasted spots in the WR area, IMO

You need bodies at the Rb position because we feature different players. We have carried 5 running backs a lot in the last 5 years or so...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Faulk deserves a spot on the roster if he is still capable of playing.  The same question can be asked about carrying 3 QB's or 5 safety's or the extra CB's.  I am assuming that when Faulk is ready a spot will open up on the Roster.  Brace, Deadrick and Cannon are also going to need a spot.  I see a cut in the cb or safety area to make room.  I also see Anderson getting replaced by Brace or Deadrick.  Faulk is one of the few reamining veterans from the superbowl years.  I think his leadership in the locker room during a playoff run will be important.  The patriots have kept 5 RB's before. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

another way to look at it is that the way Brady has been hit the past few games, Faulk will take the 3rd TE roster spot and help pass protection from the back field as well as run delay routs on obvious passing downs.
    It c/b Gronk2 that is at risk, not another RB. 
    I dont expect Faulk to get many carries from hand off's, but knows how to get open, has sure hands, is a superb blocker from the back field. 
    I can see that asset against the Jets and Steelers rather than have Gronk2 on the roster.  

Sections
Shortcuts