5 RB's???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: 5 RB's???

Barret will be released to make room.  Dan Gronk is always a candidate as well.

Faulk has earned the right to take a roster spot over guys like Barret.  He is on the way out, IMO

Brown can stay, he has potential as a FS. I think our D-line and Backers are safe. Everyone there has some value.

I also think the trio of Woodhead, Vareen and Faulk is a bit redundant and so I expect Vareen may be put to I/R as no need for 3 3rd down backs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not sure that the NFL allows a team to simply IR a player with no discernable injury.
    I also think that BB handles the rookie RB's with kid gloves, knowing that next year they will be relied upon given Benny's FA and Faulk another year older. I see the rookie RB's staying active, practicing every week and game time decisions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: 5 RB's???:
    I am not sure that the NFL allows a team to simply IR a player with no discernable injury. I also think that BB handles the rookie RB's with kid gloves, knowing that next year they will be relied upon given Benny's FA and Faulk another year older. I see the rookie RB's staying active, practicing every week and game time decisions.
    Posted by rkarp

Lo, well maybe its not supposed to happen, but Bill does it every year.

It wouldnt take much for Vareen to show up one week on the report with any sort of ailment and then I/R them

I have seen many of players in the preseason put on I/R to keep from releasing them.  This is done usually with 1st or 2nd year players that you dont think would clear waivers yet you want them around next year so you make up something.

Like i said, if the numbers work, yeah its ideal to let him practice and just de-activate him on game days, but if its a numbers game I elect him bieng the least experienced pass catching back of the bunch.

I really want to see him play, but I feel thats a big responsibility being in on passing down to protect the franchise.  Ridley can just come right in cuz he is running not protecting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Yeah...5 rb's...get over it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Its 3rd and two in the AFC championship game with 4 minutes left and you are at your own 26 yard line. The Ravens have stuffed your running game all day. Your best call is a quick 3 yard pass to a running back slipping out and getting a mismatch on a linebacker. Who do you trust most to catch that ball and get you a first down to keep the drive alive, BJGE, Woody, or Faulk? Faulk made a living doing this for the Pats for years (and picking up blitzers and going in motion wide where he was always a threat to get the ball, and returning kicks...), people with short memories forget how much he contributes to the offense and the team. In my mind, as long as Faulk is heathy enough, he is who I would want in there. If you want go with 4 backs, Vareen is the man out at this point...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

^
    what he said!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to 5 RB's???:
    Why do we need 5 running backs?? What is wrong with BJGE,Woodhead and the 2 rookies(Ridley  and Vereen)?? Why???
    Posted by patriots1a2

Because Faulk is a RB in name only. Most of what he does is on a short pass play 3rd down when we need it. I see no problem here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In my opinion Faulk should get a spot on the 53-man roster not because he 'deserves it' (not sure what that means in today's NFL) but because, when healthy, he is probably one of the top 5 clutch players ever to don a Patriots uniform.  If he's healthy and still has it then he should be activated.  If he's not fully healthy or he's lost too much to contribute then he should go.

How many R/B's does a BB team generally carry?  I don't know and I suspect BB makes that a year-by-year decision. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Its 3rd and two in the AFC championship game with 4 minutes left and you are at your own 26 yard line. The Ravens have stuffed your running game all day. Your best call is a quick 3 yard pass to a running back slipping out and getting a mismatch on a linebacker. Who do you trust most to catch that ball and get you a first down to keep the drive alive, BJGE, Woody, or Faulk? Faulk made a living doing this for the Pats for years (and picking up blitzers and going in motion wide where he was always a threat to get the ball, and returning kicks...), people with short memories forget how much he contributes to the offense and the team. In my mind, as long as Faulk is heathy enough, he is who I would want in there. If you want go with 4 backs, Vareen is the man out at this point...
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

You would want an almost 36 yr old who is coming off a torn ACL to be the man for you on that play?  Woodhead would be the man for me...he would make the catch!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

I cant wait to see what they do with all the rb's. I hope Faulk kicks azz and takes names if he gets  on the field!!! Vareen should not be placed on IR. The kid should get all the practice he can get incase Faulk's ACL doesn't hold up or his age catches up with him!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Posted by BostonSportsFan111

Answer:  Welker, in case you haven't been watching for the last few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Been watching the Pats since the early 70's, have seen almost every one of the games. I have seen what Welker has done coming off a similar injury. A healthy Faulk proved time and again that he is one of the most reliable and clutch players in the game. Just listen to what Brady has to say about him. If he is healthy, I would have more confidence in him to make a game changing play than any other back on the roster. BJGE is the starter and deserves most of the carries, Ridley gets a few. But when the game is on the line and you need a big block or 6 yards, Faulk is the guy.  

Sections
Shortcuts