5 reasons the Patriots are going to win the Superbowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

5 reasons the Patriots are going to win the Superbowl

1.  The Patriots 2007 offense is almost completely intact. The 3rd and 4th reciever spots are not as good but the O-line and RB's are probably better now, and they're healthy.  There is no reason to think the Offense couldn't be as dominant as they were early in 2007.

2.  Tom Brady is 4th in Yards an 5th in TD's despite coming back rusty from an injury and facing top pass defenses 7 times this year.

3.  The defense is getting better every game and are the 4th ranked defense right now.  The last few years the Defense was old, now they're young, they should only get better.

4.  The Patriots are 2nd in time of posession in the NFL.

5.  They are playing thier best football when it matters, the end of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots are going to win the Superbowl

Those are all good points. I can buy that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Very fine points.  Well put.

And don't forget, they found a rallying point for the whole team - AD included - with the universal defense of Moss by the Pats' organization.  The Panthers and the press attacked Moss and the Pats, only to unify the Pats.  Unification was arguably the thing they needed most.  They played inspired football Sunday. Just look how Moss has responded. And Brady, as he played hurt, but in the game, scored 4 TDs!

Also, injured players are back.  The run game will improve with Taylor, Light, Morris and others playing now, when once they were all out at various times with injuries. The Pats are less beat-up than other teams at this point.

I am hoping Aiken will become one of those surprise play-off guys, like Dave Henderson for the Red Sox.  I think he has the goods, but he just needs to concentrate a little more on catching every ball.  A little practice with wet nerf balls through a ball tossing machine could help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arxaquila3. Show arxaquila3's posts

All good reasons.  I would add another point.  BB has been using the reg season as a training camp to bring the younger players up to speed.  As a consequence, a lot of rotation during games has led to uneveness in play but a lot of learning. 
    Each week TB was throwing to a jersey and not to the open guy. You could see it in the way Moss would sleep walk through an entire series. 

SO what does this all mean.  I don't think we have yet seen how good they really are.  Nobody has the Pats on their radar. More important, nobody has seen any of the plays about to be unleashed in the playoffs.  BB can move Seabass around on the OL and keep the blitzing teams guessing.  Protecting TB is the key. Look how the Jets crushed Brett in OT last nite.  You can bet there's a BB scheme to take that away from the Jets or another of the other rushing teams.