5 STARTERS in gos, mayo, ingram, mankins+merri in 5 YEARS of DRAFTS... WORSE IN THE LEAGUE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

5 STARTERS in gos, mayo, ingram, mankins+merri in 5 YEARS of DRAFTS... WORSE IN THE LEAGUE!

love me some coach belichick... beef has been more with GM belichick! this year's draft started pretty good but as time has flowed on, we have had more of a negative attrition. still, its better than most of the last 5 years! guess that says a lot. had we gotten at least this middle of the road result the past few drafts, our team would be in much better shape today! by keeping guys you draft, you also get to control their minds and shape them as you want in your image and attitude. no more risk of ADs! plus with better drafts, you set the foundation from which your leadership will grow from. rather than guys from 5 years ago dominating the locker room, those guys are all out of the league, and we are stuck with a mayo in only his second year doing the "leading". sanders should be doing what mayo has been forced but sanders simply isn't good enough to lead. DRAFTS matter! keepg them matters even more!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: 5 STARTERS in 5 YEARS of DRAFTS... WORSE IN THE LEAGUE!

Hey, didn't you make a pledge to say a few positive things?  You're not getting a Christmas card from this year Reggie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

This years draft was great what are you talking about? Vollmer is a beast, Butler looks good for a young player and Chung also looks good. McKenzie might have been a good inside backer had he not gotten hurt so that cant count again them and Ron Brace is still up in the air.

But as me and DJ keep pointing out, what is wrong with you? All you talk about is negative stuff. Are you even a Pats fan?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Re: 5 STARTERS in 5 YEARS of DRAFTS... WORSE IN THE LEAGUE!:
    [QUOTE]This years draft was great what are you talking about? Vollmer is a beast, Butler looks good for a young player and Chung also looks good. McKenzie might have been a good inside backer had he not gotten hurt so that cant count again them and Ron Brace is still up in the air. But as me and DJ keep pointing out, what is wrong with you? All you talk about is negative stuff. Are you even a Pats fan?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]of course i am a pats fan! reREAD my words: it says clearly that "this year's draft started great.... better than most of the past 5 years!" dude, don't just drink the kool aid. it was a very good draft. it has lessened a bit because voll is hurt, mackenzie hasnt played, tate got bak on IR, brace hasnt played enough, butler and chung have regressed a bit.. again, NONE of them are STARTERS. i believe by technicality, ingram the long snapper is the only one! and is he really a "starter"? in reality, there are NO rookie starters on this team... NONE! i have been impressed by Pryor and edelman. again, it is a lot different when one is not pulling the responsibilities that come with being the starter as opposed to being a situational scheme guy! not being negative, just point out objective FACTS. when i run into positive ones, i will post that too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, didn't you make a pledge to say a few positive things?  You're not getting a Christmas card from this year Reggie.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]REGGIE???? did u go to the fantasy football area or are u some CIA dude?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'll copy this from another post maybe someone knows where exactly this number came from.

As far as 5 starters in 5 years I don't know about that.  What do you consider starters? Depending on package some players do start games sometimes, but not others. 

Also do you consider Special teamers starters?  I think the 2006 and 2008 drafts were bad.  I count trading picks for players also.  Here are the Players from the last 5 years that I think have started at some point.

Mankins
    Hobbs
    Kakzur
    Maroney
    Gostkowski
    Meriweather
    Mayo
    Wilhite
    Slater
    Chung
    Vollmer

Pryor?
    Edelman?
    Butler?
    Tate?
    Not sure if those last four have started but they have played.  Cassel also started but I didn't count him. 

Moss and Welker were Traded for draft picks so I would count them.
    subtract Hobbs because he was traded, and I count 12 starters currently on the team from the last 5 years aquired from the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You saying that you think we have not drafted well the last few years is opinion not FACT so you might want to rethink that. I dont just drink the cool aide, I am a football fan first and a Pats fan second I just think the only thing you do is try and convince people the sky is falling. You never post anything worth reading all you do is post the gloom and doom that you THINK is going on.

And by the way I dont think its a bad thing that our rookies are not starting. Rookies shouldnt start unless they are too good to sit. Teams like the Lion throw their rookies under the bus by starting them right away and we are not the Lions we have veterans that can bring them along slowly and thats what we do. DB and WR are the two hardest spots to learn at a pro level. The learning curve is so much bigger then other players. So the fact that Butler and Chung have been off and on this year is no surprise and Tate got hurt and even if he was not hurt its not so easy for a rookie WR to start off the bat. You need to spend less time listening to Mike Felger and Mazz and stealing their ideas and passing them off as your own and more time actually coming up with your own thoughts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]You saying that you think we have not drafted well the last few years is opinion not FACT so you might want to rethink that. I dont just drink the cool aide, I am a football fan first and a Pats fan second I just think the only thing you do is try and convince people the sky is falling. You never post anything worth reading all you do is post the gloom and doom that you THINK is going on. And by the way I dont think its a bad thing that our rookies are not starting. Rookies shouldnt start unless they are too good to sit. Teams like the Lion throw their rookies under the bus by starting them right away and we are not the Lions we have veterans that can bring them along slowly and thats what we do. DB and WR are the two hardest spots to learn at a pro level. The learning curve is so much bigger then other players. So the fact that Butler and Chung have been off and on this year is no surprise and Tate got hurt and even if he was not hurt its not so easy for a rookie WR to start off the bat. You need to spend less time listening to Mike Felger and Mazz and stealing their ideas and passing them off as your own and more time actually coming up with your own thoughts.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]i actually got those figures from BOB RYAN on today's globe 10.0! was that just his opinion too? sometimes i have my opinion, sometimes i follow others' opinion and facts! bel built his reputation on his draft prowess! if u investigate well, u can pretty much weed out the greedy, contrarian and higher risk ones. yep, we should not be startg rooks this year... we agree! my FACTS re that we havent been developing present rooks who move on to be starters of any kind later on as they are no longer rooks! second year, third year, 4th year.. nothing! james sanders is the PERFECT example of what happens to most of the guys even when kept! let's do the FACTS-chek: mankins, gostkowski, ingram, merriweather, and mayo. THATS IT FOLKS.. THATS IT! guyton was NOT drafted! the others like voll and pryor may become solid starters but they are not yet and history shows they are more likely to regress than to progress. like mayo, like sanders, like wheatley, like willhite... i am a fan, i hope they all become blue-chippers but killa FACTS ARE FACTS! FACTS ARE FACTS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

How about the two picks we traded in 2007 for Moss and Welker? That seemed to work out pretty well.

This draft is looking great. We have a ton of guys already starting and looking like they'll be huge parts of this team for years to come.

I love your "no more risk of ADs!" solution. Yeah, drafting Crabtree sure showed his character. Jamarcus Russel held out. Drafting a player isn't going to change him from being a greedy SoB to a hometown discount type of guy.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts