50k FINE for Billy B!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: 50k FINE for Billy B!!!!!

What did you expect?? No fine? After they were told not to touch the refs? The other coaches got 25-30k fines for yelling at the refs.....I think it was obvious that Bill would get more for grabbing his arm. Not shocked at all...I actually predicted 50-100k in another thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He touched the ref, that's a bigger no-no then yelling whatever you want at the refs. No a big shock, I actually thought it would be worse but the refs this weekend and how bad they were might have lowered the fine

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think the issue is when the HEAD COACH is tryng to talk to the referee and they keep moving away ignoring them.. THAT is not professional.  The ref should at least stop and give the HEAD COACH some time.  BB was not out to do anything but get an explanation. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I think the issue is when the HEAD COACH is tryng to talk to the referee and they keep moving away ignoring them.. THAT is not professional.  The ref should at least stop and give the HEAD COACH some time.  BB was not out to do anything but get an explanation. 

This is pretty standard MO in any sport.  When the game is over, the officials leave the field, and don't stop to listen to players or coaches.  I can't recall EVER seeing an official in ANY sport stop to talk to a coach after a game is over.

As incensed as BB looked, the official did the right thing in not stopping.  It's about the only thing they got right all weekend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

This fine is just more proof of the failures and hypocrisy of Goodell.  He's a Jet pawn.  BB had every right to try to get the attention of the ref who was obviously ignoring him after blowing the field goal call. The refs should have been fined.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I understand the coach being held responsible..................but when do the refs get held responsible?? they can make bad calls and have no consequence. Why can't they have some sort of reprisal to their actions?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Did you see them run off of the field Monday nite? These guys are obviously intimidated by the players, coaches and fans in the stadiums. Whomever intimidates them the most gets the calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Much ado about nothing.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

50 grand equals how many real refs hired back?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I expected a fine because he grabbed at a ref.  The league had to fine him.  But $50 grand!

What did they fine the refs for being so arragont they wouldn't call for a replay or explain to the coach why they didn't.  Since coaches can't call for replay in last 2 min it's up to the officials to review anything that is to close to call.  If the league is unwilling to do that then they have to give the replay call back to the coaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

Troll

[/QUOTE]

How is that a troll? I stated an opinion. And I stand by it.....are you shocked he got fined?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

You're constantly criticizing the Pats.  Sounds like troll behavior.

If that's the benchmark then half the posters here qualify as trolls. I like to save the term for true trolls like our little Jetsboy. But I doubt we'll see much of him around this season. He doesn't like to come here and gloat when we lose when he just gets reminded of how bad his own team is.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

That's almost 3 quarters of 1 percent of his salary.  Bill's going to have to make some sacrifices this year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

ha ha on the salary,  He is already on Obamas xhit list because of being in the 1% class.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

Certain posters do nothing but criticize the team, like Tanbass and TexasPat.  Maybe they just have a love/hate relationship with the team but I suspect they are really just jealous fans of other teams trying to spoil our fun.

[/QUOTE]

You need to lay off the crack pipe....

Your claims couldn't be further from the truth. Try reading a bunch of my posts....you are way off base.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

50 grand equals how many real refs hired back?

1/3. I thought I heard they make something like $168K per season, plus bennies. The big holdup is they want guaranteed retirement as opposed to a 401K plan.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

good post Del.  agree completely.  why wasnt it reviewed and communicated if that is the rule.  If the NFL wants to keep its fans they should be telling us.

Sections
Shortcuts