53 man roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: 53 man roster

Moss, not only is it never too early to guess (Peyton Manning will be our 3rd string quarterback in 2016), it's always more fun to guess.

Morris and Taylor are both over the hill running backs.  I'm guessing they don't keep both.  Morris has also been injured every season with New England.  But if the team is confident they can sneak BJGE onto the practice squad, they'll probably keep Morris. 

From what I've read, Nunn isn't nearly as valuable on special teams as Slater, Aiken or Ventrone.  The 5th and 6th wide receivers are almost always special teamers, so they get the spots over Nunn. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: 53 man roster:
    [QUOTE]Moss, not only is it never too early to guess (Peyton Manning will be our 3rd string quarterback in 2016), it's always more fun to guess. Morris and Taylor are both over the hill running backs.  I'm guessing they don't keep both.  Morris has also been injured every season with New England.  But if the team is confident they can sneak BJGE onto the practice squad, they'll probably keep Morris.  From what I've read, Nunn isn't nearly as valuable on special teams as Slater, Aiken or Ventrone.  The 5th and 6th wide receivers are almost always special teamers, so they get the spots over Nunn. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE] one day mighty it will sink in that BB loves the older guys even when some dont.and as long as he continues to coach it wont change.name one of our super bowl teams that had nothing,but younger players on it.there is nothing wrong with the post,but to me its to early to guess the 53 man roster.because of the reasons i stated.sure i can write them down now,and then have to change them after the third pre-season game.so i will wait until then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrizutko. Show jrizutko's posts

[QUOTE]Why on Earth would they cut Morris??  He's been a beast everytime he's played so far in NE and he's played on special teams throughout his career.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Morris gets cut because he's just the odd man out.  Taylor was brought in to play.  Maroney will be given every chance to have a breakout year.  Faulk is indispensible in his role.  Green-Ellis is a special teams contributor.  Morris only stays if someone gets hurt, or they keep 5 RBs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

breastplate...excellent post.  Thanks for the insight.  I'm not a fantasy player, but I love the Pats and hope to see at least a few more super bowl rings on Coach Bill's fingers before this run is over.  One observation, and not to nitpick...but, there are times when you observe someone who uses a colloquial expression thinking they have it right when in actuality, they are misquoting it.  For example, I used to think the expression "for all intents and purposes" was "for all intensive purposes".  That sort of thing.  FYI, it's "points of contention", not "points of contempt".  Have a good season...go Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm going to cop out on this one and wait until a few preseason games have been played.  This is going to be a real tough year for BB when he makes his cut choices.  The dynamic in play this year more than in past years will be the inability to sneak players onto the practice squad.   I don't think you can underestimate the impact that will have on the cut decisions.

In years past, BB was "reasonably" assured he could put a decent player on the practice squad.  He started getting burned when Garrett Mills got plucked by the Vikings.  This year there is NO chance that anyone of value will make it to the practice squad.  Mangina, Pioli, and MacD are going to take anything of value.

So for those who did not cop out like myself, will BB make different decisions if he believes he will lose every decent player he tries to place on the practice squad?  Will BB make any surprising cuts to make room for a young guy he doesn't want to lose?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

"So for those who did not cop out like myself, will BB make different decisions if he believes he will lose every decent player he tries to place on the practice squad?  Will BB make any surprising cuts to make room for a young guy he doesn't want to lose?"

Yes, he will cut Galloway, Morris and Baker, and keep Ventrone, Slater and Aiken.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

In Response to 53 man roster:
    [QUOTE]53 men, 45 can dress on sunday, 8 on practice squad.  remaining players either cut, on pup or ir.  players in parenthases can start multiple positions. here goes.... top 45 QB- brady, oconnell, walter RB- faulk, maroney, morris, taylor WR- moss, welker, galloway, lewis, TE- watson, thomas, baker C- koppen, (hochstein) G- mankins, neal, (hochstein) T- light, kazcur, vollmer DE- seymour, warren, green, (burgess), (brace) DT- wilfork, (brace) ILB- bruschi, mayo, guyton, (thomas) OLB- (thomas), crable, (burgess), woods, cain CB- bodden, springs, wilhite, wheathley, butler S- sanders, meriweather, chung K- gostkowski P- hanson LS- hodel noteables CUT- t. williams, s aiken, e alexander, w. britt, m. wright, d. connolly, t devree, b.g. ellis, p. lenon, lk. smith, a. smith, b. yates. Practice Squad- t. nunn, j. edellman, m. pryor, j. love, b. hoyer, g. bussey, t. adams, j. ingram. PUP- b. tate IR- mckenzie oh, and i figure kevin faulk can fit fine into the 5th receiver in 5 receiver sets.  some tough choices to make here, and of course there is movement between squad, released, and pup players during the season.  i hope to see tate by week 6 suiting up.  but then, who do you drop? it seems one of the biggest points of contempt may be do you end up cutting wright or taylor?  does taylor really still have gas left in the tank, or is it more prudent to keep that last all inmportant d-line veteran around in case of injuries?
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on with the exception of M. Wright.  Didn't they just resign him? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

About three guys are going to be injured in the next four games and are going to land on the PUP or Injured Reserve lists.  Add three bubble players to the list of 53 as a matter of course.

In particular, I will cynically report before the fact that a number of draft choices (who are usually pretty useless to the Patriots without a season of pro experience) are all going to break their rookies.  I'm not sure which part of the body the rookie is, but it stays broken for, oh, either 6 weeks into the season or 12 months, depending.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]About three guys are going to be injured in the next four games and are going to land on the PUP or Injured Reserve lists.  Add three bubble players to the list of 53 as a matter of course. In particular, I will cynically report before the fact that a number of draft choices (who are usually pretty useless to the Patriots without a season of pro experience) are all going to break their rookies.  I'm not sure which part of the body the rookie is, but it stays broken for, oh, either 6 weeks into the season or 12 months, depending.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Forgot about that escape clause.  All of our picks after round 4 will probably be injured to avoid the clutches of RatMcoli. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete72. Show pete72's posts

Maybe they take a huge risk and only keep 2 QB's...very risky I know, if Walter stinks they might not have a choice...Yes, O'Connell hasnt looked great in practice, but think we really might need that extra roster spot (for keeping either 4 TE's or 5 RB's)....with Hoyer going to the prac Squad

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]About three guys are going to be injured in the next four games and are going to land on the PUP or Injured Reserve lists.  Add three bubble players to the list of 53 as a matter of course. In particular, I will cynically report before the fact that a number of draft choices (who are usually pretty useless to the Patriots without a season of pro experience) are all going to break their rookies.  I'm not sure which part of the body the rookie is, but it stays broken for, oh, either 6 weeks into the season or 12 months, depending.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

You can go on IR anytime, but you cannot start the season on active roster then go to PUP before regular season starts. This is a rule designed to prevent roster manipulation.