$583,333.33 a month?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

$583,333.33 a month?

Is what fork would be getting paid as a franchise player. Barely a half million a month, for 12 months. Chump change. How does a man feed his family on that?

The pats be dissin vince big time!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: $583,333.33 a month?

Im sure his family eats very well, but considering he is one of the best players in his position he is getting ripped off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

"http://www.youtube.com/v/8_anbEJsr6s&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8_anbEJsr6s&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Thanks for the Floyd Harley.  Vinny has some "Brain Damage" if he thinks he's getting big money.  And he's not one of the best at his position, never has and never will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZSi02uccrc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Tcal2, Love the darkside of the moon, superb music.

watch this video and look for #75, he gets blown up and put on his butt.

you want to pay him big money, I don't think so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I agree 100% that these guys are overpaid for playing a game most of us would play for free but we are guilty for making them multi multi millionaires.

Have you gone to a game?  Do you own any jerseys ect?  if so then how can you complain when a guy is trying to make MARKET VALUE for the position he plays and based on how good at the position he is.

I don't like the feed my family line as much as the other guy, agree he could have phrased that different but their salaries are paid by ticket sales ect if we all keep going to games keep paying $100 a ticket then those guys are going to continue to make more and more money.

He's not asking for anything over what he is worth in that industry.  Just like a union iron worker would want to get paid what his union has negotiated based on his years and skills except millions and millions of people do not watch him work with put up buildings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

From the looks of it Vince and his family probably eat very well...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

That barely covers his grocery bill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

pats7393;

I'm not trying to make a statement on whether Fork deserves the cash or not, I'm just trying to put the money involved into perspective for the rest of us working stiffs. Think about it. For most of us, that monthly salary for just one month in our entire lives would set us, our kids and our grandkids up for life.

I had season tickets in the old Schaeffer stadium once upon a time and eventually decided that sitting in front of the big screen with warm feet and an adult beverage of my choice was the better option.

I once won a bet with my ex-wife resulting in her having to serve me every Sunday, in a French Maid's costume that I obtained from Frederick's of Hollywood, for one very memorable season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsman101. Show patsman101's posts

i think vince is the best NT in the nfl . $583,333.33 a mouth is loads of money and as much as he dosen't want the tag he will take it and run with it. what sickens me so much about todays nfl its all about money what makes these players worth more money then a doctor who saves lives or a fire fighter who runs in to a burning building to save someone they don't even know . nfl players and all pro athletes need to wake up and realize that playing in the nfl or a pro sport is not a right its a privilege...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Athletes are probably the DUMBEST people on earth. I love it when they say they have to feed their family or want security or anything that stupid. When these guys play for 5 years and get paid like $25 to $50 million dollars and cant feed their families then why buy the $10 million dollar houses and 10 cars at $200,000  each??? Maybe they should have gotten a $5 million dollar house and just 3 cars that they will actually use and save the rest for food and security. These people are a big joke. They blow the money on stupid things, THEN become more greedy. Tell Wilford to get a real job. Tell him to get up a 6am and get home at about 6 sometimes at 8pm. Then take care of kids, homework, and other stuff. Wilford does nothing like that. Maybe the people that pay to go to Gillette should use that money for their own family foods and security then how much would Wilford ask for?? No fans at the stadium no money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Don't forget PAUL, an average athlete's family consists of 30 Baby Moma's with 70 kids spread across the country.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Who is Wilford?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

The salary's of athletes are excedingly stupid, how do they justify say stuff like "I need security" when Teachers and Police officers, members of society that contribute back into the socity make awful money. Tell any normal human being that your getting half a million for one year and they would probably break down and cry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"Teachers and Police officers, members of society that contribute back into the socity make awful money"

I see the Teachers Union has another one fooled.  I paid $6300.00 in school taxes last year for teachers who work 180 days and average $60K.  They get every holiday off, Winter recess, Spring Brake, various other bulls**t days and guaranteed snow days.  Oh and July and August.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I dont know why people make these kinds of arguments... THe sports world DOES NOT compare to the real world. And getting franchise money isnt the problem vince has, He wants long term security, Football is a violent sport, if u havent noticed. 1 play and your football career is over, all the money you could make is gone. Anyone remember Robert Edwards...? Got selected to probowl and blew out his knee at some beach touch football game and career was over. Dont blame VW for not wanting to play without a long term deal... ANY of you, as well as I, would be doing the same thing in his situation...
    I think the pats really value him, but the state of their team, and the state of the league will dictate what the pats pay for him. The league is pass happy, meaning TOP run stoppers are less valuable... Maybe, they learned from the past 2 seasons that they need to change up their philosophy on defense...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I see the Teachers Union has another one fooled.  I paid $6300.00 in school taxes last year for teachers who work 180 days and average $60K.  They get every holiday off, Winter recess, Spring Brake, various other bulls**t days and guaranteed snow days.  Oh and July and August.

And yet, you aren't a teacher? Why not as the job is so cushy?

I am not nor have ever been a teacher, but I have been friends with many and my wife used to teach and while she loves education and would love to move back into that field, she would not teach again. It is a 16 plus hour a day job, classroom resources are often from the teacher's pocket and it is relatively thankless because of people like you. Apparently, yours did a very poor job in the spelling department, too. Was your "Spring brake" a complete stop or just a rolling one?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Tcal....you are an idiot and probably a racist.  your comments are extremely ignorant.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

patsfan1966;

You make $43K a year but $583,333 wouldn't set you and your family up for life? You need some investment advice, my friend. 

I'm not talking about quiting your job and blowing it at Foxwoods, I'm talking about investing it wisely.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Enoch;

Teaching is a 16 hour a day job? Get real. In Taiwan or Japan maybe, NFW in the USA.

When my kids were in grammar school, i always noticed that the teacher's parking lot would be completely empty 10 minutes after the kids were let go. That was 20 years ago and a teacher with 10 years experience (i.e., one year, repeated 10 times) made $65K in Glastonbury, CT. 

From my own experience in grad school, I'd say college teachers average closer to 16 hours a week!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think that it's more about the bonus and length of the deal.  He will want to get paid but I don't think as one of the top DL in the league.  The things I've read have him talking about the length of the contract and not so much the money.  He has shown us to be honorable.  All we can do is wait and see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Unclealfie you are the one that should get real. I have a sister and brother in law who were both teachers and they put in a lot more time than what you are suggesting is the norm. Yeah are there bad teachers out there. Ya bettcha! But they are in the minority. Most teachers really must love their jobs to put up with the crap they have to put up with, not only from their students but from the dumb as% parents who can't discipline their own children. They blame the teachers and school system for all of their problems. As Enochroot said if it is such a cushy gig how come you aren't one. Oh by the way when my brother in law was not teaching school during summer brake he was out painting houses. If he was making so much money teaching why was he doing that. I would like to know what town is paying 6.3k a year just in shcool taxes alone. The wages there must be pretty good.

Sections
Shortcuts