6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again

Pats drop to doormats of league

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: 6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again

DOESNT make them better!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Pats dont have the first pick in the second round...how do you know these guys will be there.

Pats=Drop the ball

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

You guys that are complaining should turn in your extra medium brady jerseys and pink hats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

1st round pick for a part time nickel..................genius.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In Response to Re: 6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again:
    1st round pick for a part time nickel..................genius.
    Posted by Tcal2

who says part time nickel? tom jackson? you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

mattymcgee55 - look at this from a pure logic standpoint.  The Patriots are always talking about getting the most "value" at the draft.  Well, picking a likely 2nd round pick DB in the first round (the highest I saw him ranked was at 30) while passing up on players evaluated with more talent, skill, and "value" at positions the Pats need to cover is just plain dumb.  Your dedication is admirable, but just because fans question the moves of a team whose window to compete for a Super Bowl shrinks by the day, it does not make them pink-hat band-wagoners.  It makes them objective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They had to do this...All the other undersized corners they reached for over the years didn't work out. Who needs pass rushers and running backs when you can have 5'10" guys out there giving up touchdowns to bigger recievers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

jeff, disagree here. you, me, and everyone else on this board may have wanted a pass rusher, wr, te, whatever. fact is that none of us know the players and depth at certain positions like BB or the Pats personel do. We can read all the magazines and subscribe to websites but we're only reading someone else's opinion on players. No one here has met these players, watched/interpreted all the tape, or worked out the prospects. What the people here have done is listen to Mel Kiper and co... and drink his kool aid.

How often does Mel Kiper miss? more than Ortiz!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Just saying, its stupid how quickly fans here over react to everything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 7/4/2009
    Last: 4/22/2010
    Just saying, its stupid how quickly fans here over react to everything.

These are the same fans that said the Bruins are soft and would never make the playoffs and are going nowhere fast.

The cup is always half empty for these people.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to 6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again:
    Posted by ccsjl

I am going to make this the dumbest post of the day...congrats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to 6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again:
    Posted by ccsjl

you have to have a low football IB and possibly be retarded to say this after one pick when we have 3 2nds.  Learn football!  Then post!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

are you all retarted? McCourty is a beast!! we needed a play maker!! and we got one, i told u guys we wuld take him!!!! now in round 2 we get our pass rush and RB adressed, sure i wish i herd Dez's name called but it is what it is and im excited to see him play

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

People criticize me for saying 6-10, and doormats again?? What are your predictions for Pats next year??? With a first place schedule, and a team on the downslide, I honestly see them as 9-7 or 8-8 at best next season, in a battle with the Fins for second place in the division behind the Jets....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: 6-10 tops...Gonna be the early 90s all over again : Jets, Miami, even sad sack Buffalo all improved themselves for 2010.  We wasted a 1st round pick on another midget with no ball skills. He'll have zero impact. None. Total waste.
    Posted by John413

LOL!  there is that loser mentality without justification AGAIN.....

This is great, i love hearing how other teams improved in certain aspects of the game, and got worse in other areas.....but have improved overall!  When we have kept out key players, but we got worse....BRILLIANT!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

People criticize me for saying 6-10, and doormats again?? What are your predictions for Pats next year??? With a first place schedule, and a team on the downslide, I honestly see them as 9-7 or 8-8 at best next season, in a battle with the Fins for second place in the division behind the Jets....
    Posted by ccsjl

the roster is not set, nobody can make an accurate prediction......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

mattymcgee55 - look at this from a pure logic standpoint.  The Patriots are always talking about getting the most "value" at the draft.  Well, picking a likely 2nd round pick DB in the first round (the highest I saw him ranked was at 30) while passing up on players evaluated with more talent, skill, and "value" at positions the Pats need to cover is just plain dumb.  Your dedication is admirable, but just because fans question the moves of a team whose window to compete for a Super Bowl shrinks by the day, it does not make them pink-hat band-wagoners.  It makes them objective.
    Posted by jeffab

No, he is right......They are pink hat band waggoners.....If you knew anything about this draft, the CB is one of the most shallow positions, where the Pats other needs are in the more deeper area of the draft....the CB's were starting to go and the Pats wanted to grab this guy, who by reading up on his scouting report, looks like an excellent pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Someone call the whambulance! cause this cry baby needs a looney bin.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

LOL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

This draft week will be monstrous when it's done...why?...because it will fill needs that actually exist....with terrific talent...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Uhh, You guys do realize their is more than one round, correct? ....Just Saying. Some of you guys act like the only talented player are in the 1st round. Stop over-reacting

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Looking at the Pats schedule, until the whole Pitt thing with Big Ben, I kinda felt 10-6 was maybe on the higher side they could really accomplish.. That is, I see teams like Baltimore, Indy, Green Bay and Minny that could all easily give the Pats fits, then throw in splitting with Miami and the Jets ( I have to at least acknowledge that possibility, that yes, I still think NY and Miami are over-hyped teams, but 8-8 teams can still show up and beat you..), as well as Cincy and Pitt not knowing which of them would show up.. and then you still kinda have to make JBolt happy and worry a tad about the Chargers, too... I don't think that says 6-10, but I don't think I think 10-6 will be 'easy', esp. if Welker isn't around for the first few games, too... 

Honestly, I don't mind the pick. I don't think anyone drafted yesterday will have an immediate SB-type impact on making their team better... More reasonable would be some improvement, e.g., possibly CJ running for 1200 with Buffalo, Bradford looking reasonably solid... e.g., QBs, RBs tend to have the most in year 1, maybe Bradford will be Matt Ryan, etc... It also depends on who you have around you, who goes down, etc.

I think of guys like Mario Williams when I think of experts on boards like this... he was a 'bust' after year 1, right?  

Sections
Shortcuts