6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: 6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.

Yeah I don't care when Belichick moves picks around but this is the first year that I hope he uses all 4 of his picks in round 1 and 2 ( I am ok with packaging two of those together to move up if needed to grab a player but I want at least 3 players taken in first three rounds) then if he wants to trade one of the third round picks for a 5th and 6th this year lets say or one of the 3rd round picks for a second round pick next year then ok. Pats should be getting a couple compensatories I heard anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: 6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]Whatever the Patriots do I'll go with it as they do it with information and no guess work.  As long as their appears to be improvement in the team.  The X-factor:  past performance in the college game is not an indicator of pro success!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

the coaching staff is certainly better involved that us normal fans, but  trust me....it's still guessing....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I don't care when Belichick moves picks around but this is the first year that I hope he uses all 4 of his picks in round 1 and 2 ( I am ok with packaging two of those together to move up if needed to grab a player but I want at least 3 players taken in first three rounds) then if he wants to trade one of the third round picks for a 5th and 6th this year lets say or one of the 3rd round picks for a second round pick next year then ok. Pats should be getting a couple compensatories I heard anyway.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

the compensatory picks is a good point. Who did we lose that could get us some extra picks... granted they are always  late picks. can those be traded?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]the compensatory picks is a good point. Who did we lose that could get us some extra picks... granted they are always late picks. can those be traded?
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]
    They cannot be traded. I heard the Patriots aren't likely to receive any comp picks anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

no one like D bowe, i dont think they will franchise him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

IF you can fix the DL and the Safety positions on this Def.. then it will take leaps and bounds above last year..... 
    Pressure on the QB means less chance to slice and dice the DB's.... it gives the opposition WR's less chance to "break away" and it makes both ends of a defense look much better.   SO I would honestly think that "WHEN" the Pats get to the defense that is where they need to go.   It could be with a OLB that can rush the QB... or a DE that can swamp him (Avril of Det?).... but weither way.. they need the pressure.

As far as the offense I was of the thinking that a DEEP threat makes everyone better if retained from last year.  Most of our offense is a down the middle type thing.... but if we had an outside deep threat and the defense bunched the middle then we go outside.... then the defense has to be honest.  
    I saw numerous interviews ( Boley, Tuck Osi) after the SB46....  One of them said they knew 1/2 way through the first quarter that GRONK was a DECOY and could be easily guarded ( Who guarded him all the way down the field Blackmon?)LOL  So at that point a bigf threat was gone.  Another interview said that they knew that the outside passing game was just a ruse....   SO again it allowed them to fall inside and pressure the QB....  I still think a good Outside WR with speed and hands makes this team leaps and bounds better.  A vincent Jackson or Reggie Wayne that makes a defense play them all the way through the route (or get burned) means that there is less traffic in the middle of the field and more openings for WW/Gron/AH.....
    I like the Idea of a Michael Bush as a back because he is a good blocker, has decent hands and can run the ball.... but TOLBERT of SD?.... OH YEAH!   He came in everytime the team needed the ability to POWER the ball.. or to throw the ball to the RB.

Imagine an Offense with the young legs of Vereen/Ridley, and the Power of a TOlbert....   Also having some deep outside threat capability.   THIS would make the opposition play honestly.

Imagine a Clay Mathews type RUsher on the team that could force a QB to throw just a split second quicker than he wanted to... with a Cliff Avril (11 sacks) pushing through from the line.....  Make an offense need to be quick with their decisions.

GETTING all of this is most likely not possible..... but I still think these are some of the better places to put the money.....

BJGE leaves- TOlbert gets $3mil/yr?.....  Branch/Ocho Leave....

Shaun EllisDE$1,500,000$5,000,000
    Chad OchocinoWR$1,000,000$4,083,333
    Mike WrightDT$2,165,000$2,703,120
    Ron BraceDT$586,000$1,154,120
    Albert HaynesworthDT$1,500,000$1,500,000

The numbers on the right are just some of the CAP HITS from last year..... 
    Branch had over $2Mil, BJGE was at $1.8Mil,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]no one like D bowe, i dont think they will franchise him
    Posted by itllnevahapn[/QUOTE]
    Actually, I believe I have read a few spots that he is more likely to be franchised than CARR.... as he is really their only #1 WR.... even after a down year.... of course he had no real QB throwing to him most of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I want BB to go all out and sigh DE Mario Williams of Texans and Leron Landry "Dirty Thirty" of RedSkins.  Draft Fletcher Cox at #27, best CB avail at #31, Andre Granch OLB of Clemson with top second round pick and Nick Toon WR Wisconsin with second second round pick.  Another LB with 3rd rounder and a C or other OL with 4th.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

1. re-sign andre carter AND mark anderson to 2-3 year contracts
    2.franchise wes welker and continue to negotiate a long term deal
    3. bring back randy moss to a 1 year 1 million dollar contract
    4. get ras-I Dowling COMPLETELY healthy
    5. decide wether or not you want devin mccourty to play safety
    (6). if not then, sign a legitament veteran safety (Tyvon Branch, Michael Griffin)
    6. Re-sign deion branch and kevin faulk to reasonable contracts out of respect
    7.continue to let bellichick work his magic in the draft and stockpile more picks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Resign Connolly, Carter, Anderson, slater and WW 
    Sign FA Adam Carriker DE
    Sign FA Ahmad Brooks OLB
    sign FA Mike Tolbert RB (SD)
    Sign FA WR Lloyd/moss and  bring in both to training camp
    sign FA RB Michael Bush RB (Oak)
    sign FA safety
    let BJGE/faulk walk
    cut ocho/wright
    sign branch to a 1 year cheap contract
    draft Konz at 27 if he is there! (he would improve our line and our running game)

Sections
Shortcuts