6 Pro Bowlers!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

6 Pro Bowlers!

Love it!  Pumped McCourty made it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: 6 Pro Bowlers!

Mike Reiss
    Tom Brady, Logan Mankins, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo, Devin McCourty & Brandon Meriweather 2011 Pro Bowlers, NFL announces.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Meriweather??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Great news for McCourty!  Many people here were skeptical (including me), when he was drafted in the 1st round!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yeah, I'm surprised Merriweather was selected.  He has to be better than some of us fans give him credit for.  He's being selected on the weight of the players and coaches.  Kudos to Mayo and McCoutry.  It would have been great to see Gronk get in, but it's not a snub that he isn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers!:
    Great news for McCourty!  Many people here were skeptical (including me), when he was drafted in the 1st round!
    Posted by Rocky

I'm with you 100%...  I'd hate to think where we'd be if we didn't grab him...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss
    Jerod Mayo, in 3rd year, breaks through with his first Pro Bowl berth at linebacker. Impressive to see Mankins since he missed 1st 7 games.

Brady and Wilfork were slam dunks. They have been very impressive this season. Meriweather a bit of a surprise from this perspective.

Of the 6 Patriots Pro Bowlers, Brady, Mankins and Wilfork are starters.

Great accomplishment for McCourty, the team's first-round pick. He joins Nnamdi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis at CB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Vince Wilfork
    Thanks so much for the probowl selection I am again humbled by the experience and appreciate the acknowledgment thanks fans peers and media

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Great for Mayo. How does Meriweather make it? BM isn't even one of the better Patriots defenders.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In your face Meriweather haters!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport
    I seriously cannot believe Meriweather made the Pro Bowl. He may be the team's fourth best safety.

Surprises: No Welker, no Gronkowski. Odd. But really cool for McCourty. I remember when everyone freaked out about that pick. Worked out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Great for Mayo. How does Meriweather make it? BM isn't even one of the better Patriots defenders.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

As I said, he must be better than us fans give him credit for.  He didn't get in by fan voting.  He didn't get in because of his reputation.  He got in from the votes of the players and coaches from other teams.  We can't ignore that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm not a Meriweather hater/basher but I don't get his being selected to the Pro Bowl again.   I think both Chung and Sanders have had a better season than BM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Devin McCourty the fourth Pats player to be selected to Pro Bowl as a rookie -- Haynes ('76), Stephens ('88) & Martin ('95) the others.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Meriweather has been a lot more consistent this year. He still makes plays.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nothing like a Meriweather nod to cheapen the whole thing.  Congratulations to McCourty. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England Patriots
    1/3 of selection process was from fan balloting. Thanks to all the fans who voted for their favorite Patriots

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Ouch!!! RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport I seriously cannot believe Meriweather made the Pro Bowl. He may be the team's fourth best safety.
    Posted by Rocky

he finished really high in the fan voting for some reason

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Unfortunately, none of our guys can play in the game.  They'll be getting ready for the SB.  That also means we won't see Suggs and Brady on the same team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : he finished really high in the fan voting for some reason
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

yeah cause i voted 1,237,722 times for him :D

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Wifork, Mayo and Tom are all captains........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Richard Seymour was selected.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

good thing for us none of them will be playing in this game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

good thing for us none of them will be playing in this game
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

I was just going to say that!!  Let's hope we don't get to see any of them play in this game.  Maybe they'll start Sanchez instead since everyone thinks he's so great.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Good work if you can get it: Each player on winning Pro Bowl team receives $45,000, while each player on losing team receives $22,500.

Sections
Shortcuts