6 Pro Bowlers!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: 6 Pro Bowlers!

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers!:
    Yeah Wozzy, attacking someone personally doesn't really improve your point. It's possible two people actually disagree. BB started out as a ballboy, so maybe he's up to your mental aptitude either. I know you must be CEO of a fortune 500 company, but if that gets tiring maybe you could get a job running the pats. You could base all your signings on consensus, fan voting, and what other people think. You might miss on a special teamer like McCourty once or twice (what a dumb pick that was! I mean?!?) but you'd have a roster of at least a few pro-bowlers. Pardon the sarcasm, but I don't really think the GM's or players put a lot of thought into their ballots. I think the eye test of you, me, TCal, and any other big Pats fan are probably more valuable than what they think and I think it's clear that Chung is better (he's certainly asked to do more and has produced more big plays) and BM is at the very least inconsistent.  In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

If you don't believe that GM's, coaches and players have a better understanding of what it takes to make it in the NFL than lazy boy reclining fantasy league GM's writing from their mom's basement than you can't be helped. 

I don't have to defend my position, I'm not the one dealing in absolutes; "player A sux" for example, even though the vote of anybody who has a say in the Pro Bowl, mainly his peers, and many other Pat's fans who watch him weekly say otherwise...

As for the self righteous stance TCAL is taking as if he is Norma Ray standing up for the poor working man, give it a rest.  I don't presume to know what he does for a living but I'm pretty sure he isn't working for any pro football team as a scout.  Whether working at Starbucks is an "insult" is completely relative, I'd like to think any job that includes full medical and dental isn't all bad.  I think your insinuation that it is an insult is insulting and I'm offended... see how silly that sounds?  

P.S. anyone else insulted please grow a pair, maybe this Pennsylvania Governor is on to something.  This political correctness is stifling...  

Please save the "Joe the plumber" routine because it's just a lazy excuse to deflect.  We'll just have to agree to disagree, Meriweather sux because you say so... fine.  

I happen to be of the opinion that too many Pat's fans are spoiled by success and sux for that reason, but that's just an opinion...  lastly I don't how we keep dominating other teams with such putrid players, we must just be lucky? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"than lazy boy reclining GM's writing from their mom's basement"

Another classic internet insult....sweet.

"Whether working at Starbucks is an "insult" is completely relative, I'd like to think any job that includes full medical and dental isn't all bad.  I think you're insinuating that it is an insult is insulting and I'm offended... see how silly that sounds?"

Great attempt at trying to turn it around.  Because we all know how you newer use the classic internet insults when attacking other posters.  So you were actually complementing me by calling me a starbucks employee.  Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"than lazy boy reclining GM's writing from their mom's basement " Another classic internet insult....sweet. "Whether working at Starbucks is an "insult" is completely relative, I'd like to think any job that includes full medical and dental isn't all bad.  I think you're insinuating that it is an insult is insulting and I'm offended... see how silly that sounds?" Great attempt at trying to turn it around.  Because we all know how you newer use the classic internet insults when attacking other posters.  So you were actually complementing me by calling me a starbucks employee.  Thanks.
    Posted by tcal2-

I could have used plumber, baker, delivery man or any other job to make my point that you don't work in the NFL but it's patently obvious from your posts.

You're very sensitive, you must cry often...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Usually the score at halftime of a game this season against the Pats has been 28-3 or 31-3, I'm still trying to figure out how we win with all these posers on our team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : I could have used plumber, baker, delivery man or any other job to make my point that you don't work in the NFL but it's patently obvious from your posts... You're very sensitive, you must cry often...
    Posted by wozzy

lol, you just can't get through a post without an insult...priceless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : lol, you just can't get through a post without an insult...priceless.
    Posted by tcal2-

Is "Maroney lover" an insult... should I be insulted lol?  See a shrink, you're persecution complex is getting worse...  climb down from your cross when your ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm going to start a support group for all the battered Maroney lovers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : Is "Maroney lover" an insult... should I be insulted lol?  See a shrink, you're persecution complex is getting worse...  climb down from your cross when your ready.
    Posted by wozzy

An insult (also called a putdown) is an expression, statement (or sometimes behavior) which is considered degrading and offensive. Wikipedia

No.....did you take it as one?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Like Meriweather sux, there's a great example of an insult...  

Couldn't you have gently postulated how he isn't very good without being degrading to remora fish, leeches or other parasites?  Please work harder in the future to avoid such cruel insensitivity.  - The BDC HR Department 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know what would be really cool?

If Starbucks would deliver to the La-Z-Boy in my mom's basement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You know what would be really cool? If Starbucks would deliver to the La-Z-Boy in my mom's basement.
    Posted by p-mike

That would be cool...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Like Meriweather sux, there's a great example of an insult...   Couldn't you have gently postulated how he isn't very good without being degrading to remora fish, leeches or other parasites?  Please work harder in the future to avoid such cruel insensitivity.  - The BDC HR Department 
    Posted by wozzy

So now your trying to Correlate my Insulting of a football player on a Football forum to your multiple insults of me and rockdog.  By the way insulting another poster violates BDC policy and could get you banned........Keep digging though I'm really enjoying this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Posts from wozzy are hidden

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

No thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Who's rockdog?

I referred to "Meriweather Haters" in my first post on this thread, I didn't see your name anywhere... 

..until of course you insulted me by calling me a "Maroney lover" in an obvious rebuttal to my post, at which point I responded to you directly.

I still don't don't see where I insulted you?  Calling you a butcher a baker, a candle stick maker isn't insulting...  

And you seem to think every general reference I make is somehow about you, I'd say that gives you an over inflated sense of self... but keep deflecting.  

Maybe one day you'll stay on subject and explain how something or somebody obviously good can somehow simultaneously "sux" at the same time without reverting to parlor tricks and misdirection to garner some sympathy vote that you're now obviously attempting to get.

Trying to paint me as the chronic insulter is an insult to the majority of the posters here who actually debate with facts and logic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who's rockdog? I referred to Meriweather Haters in my first post on this thread, I didn't see your name anywhere...  ..until of course you insulted me by calling me a "Maroney lover" in an obvious rebuttal to my post, at which point I responded to you directly. I still don't don't see where I insulted you?  Calling you a butcher a baker, a candle stick maker isn't insulting...   And you seem to think every general reference I make is somehow about you, I'd say that gives you an over inflated sense of self... but keep deflecting.  Maybe one day you'll stay on subject and explain how something or somebody obviously good can somehow simultaneously "sux" at the same time without reverting to parlor tricks and misdirection to garner some sympathy vote that you're now obviously attempting to get. Trying to paint me as the chronic insulter is an insult to the majority of the posters here who actually debate with facts and logic [This actually makes no sense and has absolutely no relation to your insult attacks in this thread.....Keep up the good work] 
    Posted by wozzy

ROTFLMAO,  I keep pulling for you yet you just can't get through a post without an insult.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : ROTFLMAO,  I keep pulling for you yet you just can't get through a post without an insult.
    Posted by tcal2-

That's it, you win... your argument about Meriweather was SOOOO compelling that I've changed my mind.  Meriweather sux!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No sir you win and the fact that I wasn't trying to argue my opinion has nothing to do with it but you actually made a post without an insult.  Condescending yes - insulting no.......Good for you man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm Rockdog. 

You're not too good at arguing your point if you need to throw insults around. 

My other point was that Meriweather doesn't deserve to be a probowl player. He's a good player, but not a pro bowler. Why do I say that? He hasn't improved, doesn't follow coaching (a pretty big deal considering the difference btw this year and last), and hasn't proven he should be on the field more than James Sanders (who isn't a pro-bowl player). He does talk and act like an idiot, but I don't care about that (in fact it's funny).

Your point about probowl voting is a joke. Several undeserving players make it each year based on reputation. Does the GM of the Rams really care about what safety to pick or does he just pick a recognizable name that was there in the past? I'm guessing the latter based on how many odd selection there are (Logan Mankins for example) each year.

Lastly, please don't try to insult my intelligence. I can say with confidence that I'm probably smarter than you (unless you are in the 98th percentile of people taking the Graduate Management Admission test). Try to make a valid point instead of regressing to high school insults. 

Who's rockdog? I referred to "Meriweather Haters" in my first post on this thread, I didn't see your name anywhere...  ..until of course you insulted me by calling me a "Maroney lover" in an obvious rebuttal to my post, at which point I responded to you directly. I still don't don't see where I insulted you?  Calling you a butcher a baker, a candle stick maker isn't insulting...   And you seem to think every general reference I make is somehow about you, I'd say that gives you an over inflated sense of self... but keep deflecting.   Maybe one day you'll stay on subject and explain how something or somebody obviously good can somehow simultaneously "sux" at the same time without reverting to parlor tricks and misdirection to garner some sympathy vote that you're now obviously attempting to get. Trying to paint me as the chronic insulter is an insult to the majority of the posters here who actually debate with facts and logic. 
    Posted by wozzy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Good use of dripping sarcasm though. That's better than insults. 

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : That's it, you win... your argument about Meriweather was SOOOO compelling that I've changed my mind.  Meriweather sux!  
    Posted by wozzy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I don't like McCourty going...now he'll want to re negotiate his rookie contract &get 12 million a year....the Meariweather selection is good to use as trade bait....maybe for a stud RB in free agency like Pieere Thomas or DeAngelo Williams...
    Mankins selection was not fair...now his head will be huge when he goes to the negotiaton table...on the other hand it may be good for the patriots if they can't re-sign him as it makes him better negotiating material in a trade as he will get franchised if he doesn't sign a long term deal

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just figured I'd throw a stat out there that shows my opinion my actually be supported by fact.  Here is the 2010 Safety Rankings by + Wins Probability Added.  Chung and Sanders are both ranked above Meriweather who I couldn't even fit on the screen (he was 19 spots below Sanders at #55)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Stats aren't allowed. The poster with the better and more stinging insults is clearly the winner. 

I really don't see why this is an argument. Even Wozzy isn't claiming Merriweather isn't elite (which is obvious). He's good, could be better, but certainly not awful given his skills. I think it's easy to be frustrated with BM because he hasn't developed into Ed Reed, but if you look at him as a key rotational player then he's doing just fine. He's not a game changing player, but if you look at how bad the '07 draft was then it's not a bad pick at all.

Just figured I'd throw a stat out there that shows my opinion my actually be supported by fact.  Here is the 2010 Safety Rankings by + Wins Probability Added.  Chung and Sanders are both ranked above Meriweather who I couldn't even fit on the screen (he was 19 spots below Sanders at #55)
    Posted by tcal2-

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Also, you're giving way too much credit to NFL people. Do the best and brightest minds gravitate toward the NFL? NO. The pay is bad compared to other industries. Matt Millen was actually a GM and is now a talking head for a major network. What does that tell you? In fact, do any of the talking heads impress you as logical or thoughtful? I'm sure people like you or I could do a good job looking at film if we were willing to work the hours and leverage our careers.

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : I could have used plumber, baker, delivery man or any other job to make my point that you don't work in the NFL but it's patently obvious from your posts... You're very sensitive, you must cry often...
    Posted by wozzy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rockdog thank you for pointing out how much smarter than all of us you are, I've never risen above the rank of master barista myself but it gives me a warm feeling knowing there are some geniuses here amongst us.  

It has always seemed to me that it's just as likely for a man to know something and not have gone to school, as it is for a man to have gone to school and know nothing at all.  But what do I know, I'm a dum dum...

I wasn't oblivious to your posts, but then, I wasn't thinking of you or even TCAL specifically when I posted to all the Meriweather haters.  It would have been doubly difficult to personally "insult you" considering I made a general post with no names attached... but somehow you guys sensed the personal attack that I was preparing to spring on you so you preempted it.  Very cognizant of you both...

Several undeserving people make it to the Pro Bowl every year, like practice squad players, CFL castoffs and Euro League players...  somehow Meriweather has made it two years in a row, on his reputation built in college apparently?

Obviously all of the safeties on that list are far superior to Meriweather in every way, especially both safeties for Washington, players on Arizona, San Francisco, both safeties for St Louis, et al...  like I said, you're right Meriweather sux, this proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

If anyone's feelings were hurt in the making of this thread I want to apologize whole heartedly.  I know all of the sensitive souls on this board were taken aback my my gruff tone and my constant use of curse words.  I'm going to organize a healing gathering so we can all hug, burn incense, chant and do some healing exercises...

Somewhere John Wayne is rolling in his grave.

Sections
Shortcuts