6th SEED beats houston, we get only 1 of PITT AND RAVENS in playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

6th SEED beats houston, we get only 1 of PITT AND RAVENS in playoffs

Who you want for the 6th?
    i'd like tennessee
    (as opposed to jets, oakland, cincinnati)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: 6th SEED beats houston, we get only 1 of PITT AND RAVENS in playoffs

I don't exactly know why, but the Ravens haven't been playing that well lately.  Their offense and defense both were lousy against non-contender San Diego.  Bmore almost lost 34-7 except they eked out a pity touchdown in the last 2 minutes.  Then they eked out a victory against 4-11 Cleveland and Seneca Wallace, at Baltimore, when Cleveland couldn't drive for the winning touchdown with plenty of time.

Baltimore is 3-4 on the road this year.

Pittsburgh didn't exactly light it up against Cleveland recently.  The score was 7-3, at Pittsburgh, with 3 minutes to play in the game when Pitts got their clinching touchdown.  They also laid down 3-20 at San Francisco.  Maybe it's  Roethlisberger's high ankle sprain but maybe it's about some other injuries too. 

Pittsburgh is 4-3 on the road this year.

In any case, I rate the following pile of AFC teams as all playing like roughly 10-6 teams.  Pittsburgh (10.6), Baltimore (10.5), Miami (10.2), San Diego (9.9), Houston (9.7), and the Jets (9.5).  Nobody else rates above an 8-8 team in strength.  I don't care much if both Baltimore and Pittsburgh come to Foxboro, because they have both lost some luster lately, and a number of the other choices aren't much different. 

New England is 14.4.  For the last seven games straight they have stomped anything that moves for three quarters and then they have coasted in to victory.  I don't fault them for coasting in.  It's their system, and so far, they usually have won the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

It is possible that the Patriots could miss out on both Bal. and Pit.  one will be the number one or two seed the other will be 5th.  5th plays 6th.  The Patriots will not see the number one or two until the conference final.  If the 3 or 4 beats them in the second week than the Patriots would be facing Houston, or the 6th seed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

So if Houson wins, we will likely see both Balt and Pitts?  I hope that #6 seed is good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

makes no difference....it's a new season. so long as we win 3 in a row, baby!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 6th SEED beats houston, we get only 1 of PITT AND RAVENS in playoffs:
    [QUOTE]makes no difference....it's a new season. so long as we win 3 in a row, baby!
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

yes it is. and dotn underrate our defense to lose a single elimination game. give me a weak #6, then pitts with a rapeyburger on one leg or baltimore beat up from playing pitt

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Go Pats. Lets win

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I can't believe you guys are scared of Balt or Pitt. Roethlisburger had his game of the year against us and Tom Brady had his WORST game of the season,  in Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh still only beat us by 8 points. Topple with the fact that they're a slightly above average team on the road and they're easy pickings. 

As long as Joe Flacco is the QB of the Baltimore Ravens, they'll never win a SB. 

Bring them in our house, we'll whop em good. How about you guys develop some faith in the Pats, the easy into the SB won't save them if they have to face Greenbay or New Orleans. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

Hey msteven. 5th doesnt play 6th. 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. In any given round the top seed plays the lowest seed and so on. Thats why 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 6th SEED beats houston, we get only 1 of PITT AND RAVENS in playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Picking and chosing who you play, in the best scenario. Holy Toledo! If you have no confidence in your team, I cant give you any advice.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

i dont.  our de s@S.
    brady is dinged
    we have lost in the last 2 playoffs.
    so i want a weaker opponent.
    id like to win.
    there is a lot of luck involved in winning a title.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" why does it matter who wins or who the pats play now?"

Because all teams match up better with some teams than others. Because it's fun to see teams we don't like lose as well. Because on a discussion board people like to talk about things like seedings and standings....However I'm of the philosophy that you gotta go through the best to be the best, so let's bring on the best teams in the AFC and see if we can take em all down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I brought this up a few weeks ago and wondering if the Pats really wanted the #1 seed.  That was a few weeks ago, and much like everyone here is talking - Balt and Pitt dont scare me (as a Pats fan right now) anymore.

I agree... doesnt matter who comes through Foxboro!  Win 3 in a row!! Go Pats

Happy New Year to all

Sections
Shortcuts