7 NFL Teams That Make Fans Pay the Most

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

7 NFL Teams That Make Fans Pay the Most

Interesting info - Pats are the second highest in "cost" in the NFL. Cowboys are No. 1...are we getting our money's worth? The summary below left out parking.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/7-nfl-teams-that-make-fans-pay-the-most.html

2. New England Patriots

Coming in hot at No. 2 are the New England Patriots. An average ticket to a Patriots game costs $117.84, while the cost of an average premium ticket is even steeper at $566.67. The total FCI for the Patriots is $582.76, making them the second most expensive team to watch for an overall fan experience. The cost of a Patriots ticket has remained unchanged from 2012 to 2013 — unlike other teams on our list — but it is still expensive to visit Gillette Stadium, as the average price to park is $40, not to mention it costs $7.50 to buy a beer and $3.75 to buy a hot dog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: 7 NFL Teams That Make Fans Pay the Most

In response to user_483130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting info - Pats are the second highest in "cost" in the NFL. Cowboys are No. 1...are we getting our money's worth? The summary below left out parking.

2. New England Patriots

Coming in hot at No. 2 are the New England Patriots. An average ticket to a Patriots game costs $117.84, while the cost of an average premium ticket is even steeper at $566.67. The total FCI for the Patriots is $582.76, making them the second most expensive team to watch for an overall fan experience. The cost of a Patriots ticket has remained unchanged from 2012 to 2013 — unlike other teams on our list — but it is still expensive to visit Gillette Stadium, as the average price to park is $40, not to mention it costs $7.50 to buy a beer and $3.75 to buy a hot dog.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt that the ticket prices are high but it doesn't factor in the fact that they are one of the few teams or maybe even the only team with a new statdium that didn't charge their season ticket holders a PSL fee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Personally I'm a big fan of the overall experience around the stadium down there - I like the restaurants, and shopping areas because it doesn't take away from the tail gaiting experience like I thought it would....it just adds another dimension to it. And it's really good for training camp when there is no tail gating.

I'm not a big fan of the actual stadium experience though, the seats are just pushed too far back in my opinion (they seem to go out, as well as up). It felt like you were a lot closer in the old stadium. Standing room only seats are a joke - I did that once and although you are at middle level height you get that same far away sensation. They put that huge screen in a few years ago for a reason...you can't see crap. It's too quiet in there too, it feels anticeptic despite the light house and landscaping in that area. The whole place looks good, clean, modern and has a decent shape, but then the game starts when it's filled up with people and it feels like a ghost town.

As for the money...everything costs more here...the income levels are higher, the Krafts know that and are going to keep doing this until people stop going. Which will happen when/if they ever start losing...believe me that WILL happen. Boston loves a winner. Kraft has never had to experience a stretch where we were terrible, when that happens Patriot place and all it's restaurants and shops will have "going out of business" signs on them and that stadium will be empty. As long as Belichick is here he will probably never have to witness that, but his son Johnathan will.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bob Kraft, gouging fans since the 90's.

Thanks BK.

(I'm joking, of course.  It's his job to make money.  If he can keep the place full and squeeze every last penny from his loyal fans, he should.  That's how business works.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Thats why I dumped my season tix 6 years ago....when my seat went from $89 to $117 a game - nevermind the $40 to park. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

We've had this discussion before, but I just can't understand the draw of going to a game these days when it's so costly, plus for not a whole lot more than a couple decent tickets, parking, a few beers and some grub, you can buy a 60 inch HDTV with surround sound.  The food and beers are better and a lot cheaper at home. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

What a lot of people complain about is fans are victims of Pats success - when I used to go in the old stadium, Pats were a mediocre team so every game was at 1....The last season I had my tickets, Pats played a total of 1 game at 1 pm, all the rest were 4:15s, and Sunday and Monday nighters. They literally had 2 Sunday nighters in a row that year - kinda tough when you dont get home till 2:30 am and have to be at work at 8am ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to user_483130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2. New England Patriots

[/QUOTE]

At least in Dallas there is a roof! Actually the Cowboys have a very nice stadium with a scoreboard that keeps the refs honest. Foxboro is severely overpriced!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least in Dallas there is a roof! Actually the Cowboys have a very nice stadium with a scoreboard that keeps the refs honest. Foxboro is severely overpriced!

[/QUOTE]

As much as I don't want to sit in a cold stadium, football is meant to be played in the elements. I hate domes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I got priced out some time ago, but hey that's the nature of the business. I still get to see a game or two here and there when when of my vendors slids a couple of tickets across the table now and thenWink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

I have not been to a game in ages, but what amazed me was all the TV timeouts that you don't really notice at home because you are following other games on the internet, but need to sit through in the freezing cold. That and the 25 minute wait in line to take a leak [this is the first season Gillette opened].

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I been doing security the past 2 games and before that havent been to a pats game since opening  day at the razor.One thing I dont like some of these sercurity people think thier hard azzes.Heres a good one after the cleveland game most seats were empty a couple came down and was going to take a pic close to the feild and one guy goes hey you got to leave now,then when walking away the couple stopped to take the pic and seen me iam like go ahead that guys a dick.The guy started telling me they came down from toronto for the game .I see no big deal when people are spending that kind of money on tickets and parking some hotel rooms and they wont et them take a quick pic.COME ON MAN

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As long as the fans keep paying, and the team makes it attractive enough to go to the games, prices will be driven by that market.  It would be interesting to compare this "high end list" to franchises that are generally bottom dwellers years at a time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

yeah but there's Victoria secret a few feet from the field

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerLT. Show RogerLT's posts

I've been going to pats games nearly 40 years and while I do kinda  miss the days when you could walk up on game day and pretty much sit where you wanted, that meant the team was pretty bad, and  Shaefer stadium was a cold nasty wind tunnel with no bathrooms and no place to hide in bad weather. Been to quite a few other stadiums also and the Razor ranks right up there with most of them. As previously stated the fans here are way too quiet when were on D and the traffic is horrible getting out so you just have to go back, crank up the grill and go for round two for at least two hours after the game!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts