7 Picks Tomorrow- My Hopes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

7 Picks Tomorrow- My Hopes

First one- Telvin Smith.

Second- Brandon Coleman

Third- Brock Vereen or Christian Jones or Yankey

Fourth- aaron lynch

Fifth- a TE, whoever they like.

Sixth- an RB

Seventh- another OL

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re: 7 Picks Tomorrow- My Hopes

All due respect bro....4ths are a major crap shoot. 6ths?! Forget it. A QB for 2018 and a dude with two artificial knees. Don't that just  snap your head around. Wow. 1 maybe two of the rest of these draft picks will be true contributors. Thems the facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

All due respect bro....4ths are a major crap shoot. 6ths?! Forget it. A QB for 2018 and a dude with two artificial knees. Don't that just  snap your head around. Wow. 1 maybe two of the rest of these draft picks will be true contributors. Thems the facts.

I agree.  Horrible draft by BB. 

Like Joe, I would like to take a chance with Coleman tomorrow...  if they can manage to not let him get away.

Blows my mind to see so much talent left hanging out there when the Pats had a chance to get them.  Now it's the quantity over quality approach tomorrow, something BB seems to love.  Get a bunch of crap, throw against the wall and see what sticks.  Trying to make chicken salad out of chicken s@#*! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB approach is to develop talent and build a team as the season goes on. Have faith.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Don't get your hopes up-- I can see BB trade the rest of this years picks for (20), 6th round picks in 2015!! Great coach-HORRIBLE drafting!!!! And I thought his past years were bad? At least he hit on a few. On a side note Patrick Chung signed? Is this the same Chung who can't COVER anyone or did BB find his twin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pats trade their round 3 pick and the browns take Terrance West the pick right after.  Heck, this guy probably beats out fumblitis Ridley.  Is BB even scouting anymore? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

Don't get your hopes up-- I can see BB trade the rest of this years picks for (20), 6th round picks in 2015!! Great coach-HORRIBLE drafting!!!! And I thought his past years were bad? At least he hit on a few. On a side note Patrick Chung signed? Is this the same Chung who can't COVER anyone or did BB find his twin?

Bringing Chung back is horrible.   BTW, the Jets got Pryor yesterday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Pats trade their round 3 pick and the browns take Terrance West the pick right after.  Heck, this guy probably beats out fumblitis Ridley.  Is BB even scouting anymore? 

LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Why do it the easy way, when you can make it complicated and get more points for degree of dificulty.  Dont try to figure it out cause you're probably not smart enough.  This is Ivy League  graduate level work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I would love to get Smith and Yankey!

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I'm hoping for DaQuan Jones from Penn State and some help for the interior OL. Some LB, TE and RB depth wouldn't hurt either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How many draft picks do we need to stock pile in order to draft Rich Eisen?  He runs a killer 40.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm banking on Dustin Keller being signed and him and Gronk both being healthy enough to avoid the 6 week PUP and therefore TE is set with the Hooman here as well. Nobody else worth taking or who will make an impact next year in my opinion.

DaQuan Jones and David Yankey are really the only two guys I'd like to see at 105. Either would make me feel better about leaving the 2nd day of the draft with a developmental QB who won't start for several years.

If the Pats can trade up from 120 with one of these 6th rounders to get the other of those two guys even better. Bryan Stork or Russell Bodine, the next two best C's would be priorities for me if Yankey is gone.

At 130/140 I wouldn't mind seeing

Christian Jones ILB (I like him better than the paper thin Telvin Smith), or Jordan Tripp or Yawin Smallwood. Really feel one of these three guys is a priority for linebacker depth.

Brandon Coleman - could be a project groomed as a hybrid TE/WR but I guarantee he'd do next to nothing in 2014

RB Andre Williams - obviously the local kid

Craig Loston or Brock Vereen are the safeties I like. Assuming Chung and Tavon Wilson are fighting for one position and a legit player is needed for the future. You have Shane's undersized brother vs. a bigger SS 'need' type.

In the 6th rd I hope Jared Abbrederis is there. Trade our 7th and move into the 5th to get him if necessary. A fighter they showed several times on film destroying DB's drafted already. I wouldn't mind Michael Sam in the 6th either. Kraft has his back. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Without signing nor drafting a quality tight end, the Pats will have royally missed the boat. If he survives long enough this season, Gronkowski will not leave the Broncos game walking. I guarantee that much. All one has to do is read TJ Wards comments about his hit on Gronk last season. Why would he change his "approach" this season? Answer is he won't, and why Denver was ecstatic to sign him. They know Ward will do the deed once again. Another quality tight end would have a greater impact on this team than just about any other position draft wise. 

"Any place you go, it will always be better than Tucson."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My hopes:

Texans trade #101 and a 2015 perfomance based pick for Ryan Mallett

101 - DaQuan Jones

105 - David Yankey

130 - Craig Loston

140 - Jordan Tripp

179 - Andre Williams

198 - Jared Abbrederis

206 - Michael Sam

244 - Used to trade up (along with 1-2 5th-7th rounders in 2015 draft) to ensure players targeted are acquired

In the 2015 draft the Pats have an extra 2nd or 3rd (for Mallett) and 4th/5th (compensation) and gave away 1-2 5th-7th rd picks. 

Tripp would be excellent backup to all 3 guys we expect so much of at the linebacker position. Sam can join Nink as a hybrid 4-3 DE/OLB as we hope the team gets some serious pass rush opposite Jones from Will Smith and/or Buchanon. The D-line needed another Jones so DaQuan joins Siligna and Vince as the beef at DT, Kelly, Armstead and Easley are the interior rushers. Ben Jones and/or Vellano fight for one spot and loser hopefully land on the practice squad. Front 7 is deep and dominant if injury free.

Loston and Harmon stage a fun battle for SS opposite McCourty (who signs a long-term team friendly extension) with Ebner as the ST guy and Chung/Wilson battling for one spot.

Yankey lets Connolly go back to being the starting C, instant starter at RG. Wendell is the backup his skills determine him to be. Cannon gets to play all over where he excels as basically a 6th starter and keeps everyone healthy.

Williams replaces Blount's role and is solid from the start. Abbrederis beats out one of Thompkins and Boyce out for a job. He looks like the next Ed McCaffery to me.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Without signing nor drafting a quality tight end, the Pats will have royally missed the boat. If he survives long enough this season, Gronkowski will not leave the Broncos game walking. I guarantee that much. All one has to do is read TJ Wards comments about his hit on Gronk last season. Why would he change his "approach" this season? Answer is he won't, and why Denver was ecstatic to sign him. They know Ward will do the deed once again. Another quality tight end would have a greater impact on this team than just about any other position draft wise. 

"Any place you go, it will always be better than Tucson."

Totally agree with the TE position.  Absolutely horrible not getting one of the top 4.  Once BB covited the TE position so much now he discounts it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

First one- Telvin Smith.

Second- Brandon Coleman

Third- Brock Vereen or Christian Jones or Yankey

Fourth- aaron lynch

Fifth- a TE, whoever they like.

Sixth- an RB

Seventh- another OL

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

I'd be all for that haul.  Just add Trey Millard to the mix in the 6th and call me a fan of this plan. 

Sections
Shortcuts