75 underclassmen have declared themselves eligible for the 2013 draft,what does this mean for the Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

75 underclassmen have declared themselves eligible for the 2013 draft,what does this mean for the Patriots?

As a draftnik I enjoy guessing what the Patriots strategywill be,but with this many underclassmen it might actually help them draft a gem. MBellieu what do you think? Texas Pat,bredbu all you draft guys what does this do to the draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: 75 underclassmen have declared themselves eligible for the 2013 draft,what does this mean for the Patriots?

All depends. These numbers are not dramatically higher than past years. Depends how many of these 75 are actual players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: 75 underclassmen have declared themselves eligible for the 2013 draft,what does this mean for the Patriots?

Below is my "Big 32 Board Stack", essentially the players that interest me the most in the range of NE's 5 draft pick slots... based on film study, scouting reports and research... this list is fluid and likely to change and I'll be updating as more tape/info becomes available

***UPDATED 1/14*** 

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

*S- Matt Elam

*DE/OLB- Sam Montgomery

OG- Jonathan Cooper

DT- John Jenkins

S- Kenny Vaccaro

OL- Barrett Jones

Rd 1-2

*CB- Logan Ryan

DT- Sylvester Williams

CB- Jordan Poyer

*WR- DeAndre Hopkins

CB- Xavier Rhodes

Rd 2

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

DE/OLB- Alex Okafor

DE/OLB- Margus Hunt

WR- Robert Woods

C/OG- Travis Frederick

Rd 2-3

OLB/DE- Brandon Jenkins

CB- Melvin White

CB- Micah Hyde

S- Shawn Williams

Rd 3

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Markus Wheaton

S- Zeke Motta

Rd 4-7

WR- Conner Vernon

LB- Kiko Alonso

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

TE- Travis Kelce

DT- Cory Grissom

DL- Quinton Dial

S- John Boyett

WR TJ Moe

*Denotes Underclassmen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If you had a choice between John Jenkins and Jesse Williams who would you take?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

If you had a choice between John Jenkins and Jesse Williams who would you take?

Jesse Williams is my guy.  Great size, one of if not the strongest players in the draft, very tough to move at the POA, can eat the double, good athlete/quicks for his size and moves pretty well laterally... I also like that he's proven against SEC competition and as an interior player in Saban's BB style defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The Pats haul for new blood next season may have to be more through free agency than the draft when they only have 1 late first, 1 second, one third and 2 seventh round picks. Unless BB and company come up with a spectacular feat of hitting most of the 5 chances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

The Pats haul for new blood next season may have to be more through free agency than the draft when they only have 1 late first, 1 second, one third and 2 seventh round picks. Unless BB and company come up with a spectacular feat of hitting most of the 5 chances.

The Pats are a young team, potentially a game away from the Super Bowl. If they hit on 2 picks, it will be a great draft.

Sections
Shortcuts