8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Re: 8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon

What do you mean it's almost over? I'm kinda hoping it will go until early February.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think you may be underestimating just how much the complaining itself is what many people enjoy, bill.

Years ago, Dan Shaughnessy would occasionally opine how winning the World Series would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to Red Sox Nation, as they would no longer have anything to b*tch and moan about. Of course, as we know, a true, dyed-in-the-wool New Englander would never let a paltry thing like success spoil his perennial bad mood.

Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

In Response to Re: 8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon:
    [QUOTE]I think you may be underestimating just how much the complaining itself is what many people enjoy, bill. Years ago, Dan Shaughnessy would occasionally opine how winning the World Series would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to Red Sox Nation, as they would no longer having anything to b*tch and moan about. Of course, as we know, a true, dyed-in-the-wool New Englander would never let a paltry thing like success spoil his perennial bad mood.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    so true, so true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Real Patriots fans are loving this season, Bandwagon fans since 2001 are complaining about the Patriots not playing to the level of 2007. 

I'm lovin this season so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: 8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon:
    [QUOTE]I think you may be underestimating just how much the complaining itself is what many people enjoy, bill. Years ago, Dan Shaughnessy would occasionally opine how winning the World Series would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to Red Sox Nation, as they would no longer have anything to b*tch and moan about. Of course, as we know, a true, dyed-in-the-wool New Englander would never let a paltry thing like success spoil his perennial bad mood.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

lol...great response. Seriously, look at all the threads that are "positive" - they get like 1 or 2 responses.  Create a thread stating that BB is a cheater...and all hell breaks loose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, as we know, a true, dyed-in-the-wool New Englander would never let a paltry thing like success spoil his perennial bad mood.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

My love of complaining has become what I see (and others) as my defining feature tying me to home during my southern sojourn. That and cursing. They also do a lot more of that in NE too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon : It is possible to enjoy the season and still be critical of the team when they deserve it.  People "complain" about certain aspects of the Patriots because they want the problems to be fixed so the team can continue to be successful in the future.  It's not nearly as cut and dry as you make it out to be.  If you're loving everything about the Patriots this season, you're not a "real fan"; you're delusional. 
    Posted by joerock22[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's definitely possible - and for the most part, the majority of peeps who post fall in this category. As with many things, it takes one bad apple to make it hard for everyone else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon : It is possible to enjoy the season and still be critical of the team when they deserve it.  People "complain" about certain aspects of the Patriots because they want the problems to be fixed so the team can continue to be successful in the future.  It's not nearly as cut and dry as you make it out to be.  If you're loving everything about the Patriots this season, you're not a "real fan"; you're delusional. 
    Posted by joerock22[/QUOTE]

I've been a Pats fan since the early 80's, you haven't.  If you had been, then you would have known what cheering for a bad Patriots team is all about.  Since you are just a bandwagon fan, you complaint is based on the fact that the Pats aren't blowing people out like in 2007.  If you could please tell me which team in the NFL is doing this in 2010 I'd like to know.

My guess is your probably just a Jets fan trolling around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I agree, the art of complaining is a more enjoyable to many. Look at joejockstrap...his love of whining has him all lathered up.

Enjoy the Turkey, Enjoy the game. Win or lose, this season is a blast!

Happy Thanksgiving team

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-2 Patriots: Stop complaining and enjoy it.. Season is over soon : I've been a Pats fan since the early 80's, you haven't.  If you had been, then you would have known what cheering for a bad Patriots team is all about.  Since you are just a bandwagon fan, you complaint is based on the fact that the Pats aren't blowing people out like in 2007.  If you could please tell me which team in the NFL is doing this in 2010 I'd like to know. My guess is your probably just a Jets fan trolling around.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Grogan,

Do you have any other notes on your piano.  I'm a fan.  You're not.  Bla bla.  try another tune.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I've had my complaints about the Pats mainly b/c of the defense but I love that they have an 8-2 record right now.  I had them pegged at 6-4 at best right now when I looked at the schedule before the season.  This team is growing up before our eyes and those who constantly complain about this team are not true fans.  How the heck can you be upset with them being 8-2?  I agree with Grogan that those who just aren't happy at all are bandwagon fans who started rooting for this team after 2001 and think that 2007 should be happening every time they step on the field.  Spoiled pink hat fans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

[QUOTE]I think you may be underestimating just how much the complaining itself is what many people enjoy, bill. Years ago, Dan Shaughnessy would occasionally opine how winning the World Series would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to Red Sox Nation, as they would no longer have anything to b*tch and moan about. Of course, as we know, a true, dyed-in-the-wool New Englander would never let a paltry thing like success spoil his perennial bad mood.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I think people need to let the season play out.  Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Patsfan76: this was the point of my thread, "Let the Season play out." we are sitting in the cat bird seat!.

We began with a team that should not have made 8-2 but we did. we did a lot of things poorly last week, but we won. We are seeing this team come to life. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the post

Sections
Shortcuts