PITT

INDY

DET

NYJ

CHI

GB

BUFF

MIA

Seeing the way that defense played last night with very little chance of improving any time soon, how far off is my prediction?  when the Pats are 1-6 or 2-5, how much pressure do you think there will be on our rooks?  How will Gillette stadium sound in November?  I just pray they lock up Brady soon or he might not want to stay.  Oh yeah, and when Moss leaves, along with having no pass rush or running back, we will no longer have a deep threat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: 8-8 at best this year

But it was 14-2 after our preseason game against the Saints, and 12-4 after our preseason game against the Falcons, and if we win good next week does the prognostication change yet again?  I mean, does one bad preseason game really spell doom?  I don't think so.  I certainly hope it doesn't, because we wouldn't even be 8-8 the way they played last night.

Oh well, I guess this is why they still make the teams play in the regular season and don't give out playoff slots now.  Look on the bright side, if we're in trouble based on one bad preseason game, at least the Colts will be joining us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Way off.

I was half-expecting this to be about the Jets.

It won't be an easy schedule, but really, who gets an "easy" schedule in today's NFL? EVERYONE outside of NE is overlooking the Pats, and obviously so are some within the 6 states.

With Brady and Belichick the Pats start a few steps ahead of everyone else. A year of seasoning for this young D will only have helped, the TE looks like a position about to rise from it's 6 year slumber, the OLine has surprised everyone, and I expect a good contract year from Moss. Also, Brady has been listening to people doubt the Pats relegating them to second in their own division, questioning if he cares as much as he used to with his family and celebrity status, or even if he's a little gunshy now after a few injury-riddled years. Knowing who this guy is, and what motivates this team...I'm not doubting them. They ROUTINELY used what other's have said in the past as motivation and I've NEVER heard so much doubting. Talk about "no respect", they used that card for a few years when everyone WAS calling them the best, I wonder how they'll respond this year. If I was a gambling man, I'd be taking the Pats in each of the first 6 weeks with whatever spread Vegas determines, and I'll take the OVER on, what I believe is, a 9 win total.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to Re: 8-8 at best this year:
    [QUOTE]Way off. I was half-expecting this to be about the Jets. It won't be an easy schedule, but really, who gets an "easy" schedule in today's NFL? EVERYONE outside of NE is overlooking the Pats, and obviously so are some within the 6 states. With Brady and Belichick the Pats start a few steps ahead of everyone else. A year of seasoning for this young D will only have helped, the TE looks like a position about to rise from it's 6 year slumber, the OLine has surprised everyone, and I expect a good contract year from Moss. Also, Brady has been listening to people doubt the Pats relegating them to second in their own division, questioning if he cares as much as he used to with his family and celebrity status, or even if he's a little gunshy now after a few injury-riddled years. Knowing who this guy is, and what motivates this team...I'm not doubting them. They ROUTINELY used what other's have said in the past as motivation and I've NEVER heard so much doubting. Talk about "no respect", they used that card for a few years when everyone WAS calling them the best, I wonder how they'll respond this year. If I was a gambling man, I'd be taking the Pats in each of the first 6 weeks with whatever spread Vegas determines, and I'll take the OVER on, what I believe is, a 9 win total.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

So you said all that to say "9" wins?  OK!!!!   look, I would love nothing but the best, but that D has no experience and we will suffer for it.  The offense will be fine, but the D will lose games (Farve, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Flacco, Rothlesberger)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]Did you just post Roethlisberger's name?  I am not even sure Baltimore's secondary will recover from the pasting Brady will put on them.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

OK, how many wins do you believe they will get?  and tell me which games will be wins?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]No, no. Stasnd behind your thread.   Are you wagering or not?

Im certainly not going bet for failure. How many wins and which games?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would guess 10-6 to 12-4.

So 11-5.

6-2 in the division.

4-4 to 6-2 outside. 

This team will go as far as the offense can take it. So getting through the playoffs will take solid performances by the "O."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]I stated they go 12-4, worst case 10-6.  Maybe 11-5, but I stand by 12-4 because the offense is vaslty improved as is the Special Teams.  The D I think jels mid season and further down the line into December. They'll struggle with their first tough games with Cincy, NY and Miami, as well as Balt and I think they drop one here. The offensive change with this team and balance will trouble all of their opponents early since there is no game tape to look at them.  They'll have totally different game plans from week to week for the first time (legitimately with good personnel with pass AND run) since 2005. SD is a likely loss.  I would not be surprised with a win, however. Indy at home is a win and I think they lose one of the NFCN games at home. I think they take the division games at home.   And there is always the chance of a random loss somewhere in there. Chicago will be tough, as will Detroit.  Tough schedule, no doubt. I am just not sure people realize how amazing this offense will be when they gameplan against teams. People are putting way too much stock in BB focusing on the pass last night with the offense and the zone D on 3rd downs. Both failed to a varying degress, but when they run with two TE sets and defend in man coverage, they are good.

WOW!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!   With Baltimore's D and NYJ D, You think the offense will score enough to make up for the defense???????  And Manning will not slaughter this D??  I say they lose both games to the Jets, lose both to Miami, and win both against Buffallo.  You have to be realistic here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well another 8-8 thread just like the past two years.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]Did he "slaughter" the worse D last year?   Butler was a rookie on the corner last year.  Wilhite picked Gomer last year. Collinsworth commented on Bodden;s domination against INdy last year, also with a pick. NE was up 34-21 with 5 minutes to go on the road with a brand new secondary and Adalius Thomas, Banta Cain and Ninkovich out in the second half, with Maroney fumbling on the goal line. I'll take 21 points to Gomer Manning in Foxborough this year right now and guarantee the win. You are looking at last night and not even looking at how BB neutralizes Dallas Clark pretty much every year. You are either a troll or incredibly dumb.  They lose BOTH Jets games? Have you seen Mark Sanchez lately? Have you seen Miami?  What makes you so convinced the D is worse here v.s. last year. Why would it be?  It's clearly deeper, faster, more athletic, etc. Baltimore's D?  Have you seen their problems???  Ed Reed is probably done for the year. Ray Lewis is 35.  They are desperate for CBs so badly right now it's not even funny and two of them are back off ligament surgery. I;d be paranoid if i was a Ravens fan with that secondary.   When Ken Hamlin is your best secondary player, you have some serious problems.  Plus, NE has their BYE the week before that game. Has BB ever lost a game after the BYE week? Why is this "lol!!!" when Brady and the offense with a worse defense last year lost 3-5 games by not scoring TDs last year? Their Special Teams are VASTLY improved.  Vastly. 

You are somewhat right about a few things.  Yes the special teams are better, and once again, I think the offense will do well.  I agree the D is faster, but it will not have enough experience to deal with the other offenses!!!!  They will be out of position not slow.  They needed to pick up 2 vets this off season to sprinkle in there.  Picture if the had an experienced CB and OLB.  It would be a totally diffrent story.  I pray that you are right, but you are pipe dreaming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Gee, I think you might actually be right. However, after seeing the jests tonight and knowing the Dolphins lost and scored a grand total of 6 points, that should be enough for us to win the division!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]I love you give me credit for laying out a context so I can bring you down a peg and then you call it a pipe dream. Dude, this team will win 8 games in its sleep. 

Because you are not realistic.   When the other team's QB drops back to pass, do you feel confident that our D can stop them? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

WOW!!!  I thought I just saw Sam Bradford do whatever he wanted to do last night along with thier 3rd string QB against our 1st string D???  I guess I didn't see that.  If you watched any post game interviews you can tell BB is very concerned. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

the worst we gonna go is 11-5

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I say they lose both games to the Jets" - were you wearing your Mark Sanchez jersey when you typed that? And why do you want to bring up Randy Moss not being on the team anymore when we're gearing up for this season? You've revealed your hand which seems a bitter one. 

It's possible in the AFC east 9-7 will be enough to win the division and make the playoffs. So even if you are almost right, and a last minute field goals swings our record from 8-8 to 9-7, we could be in the playoffs. Yet you want to write off the team now. What you are really doing is to try to protect your level of emotional investment in a team that you don't trust, especially on D. That's ok, go ahead and do that. But contemplate two things: one: teams like the Jets that go into a season heavily favored often struggle. It's easier to be an underdog, and the Pats can cast themselves in that role. Two: one key injury to a key team and everything changes. So you're projecting healthy teams into the future as your make your dismissive prediction. 

Since 8-8 could be right there with the playoffs in sight, for you to really honor your pessism you need to go with 6-10 or 7-9, really go with your sourness. Otherwise we could make the playoffs and you could still claim in retrospect you were basically right when in fact you want to bury the team a little so you won't be as disappointed. Well, most seasons end in disappointment, just ask undertroll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

4-2 in Division, 3-1 vs. NFC Central, 3-1 vs. AFC Central should get the division title.  SD and Indy are bonus games, get 1 and go 11-5.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to 8-8 at best this year:
    [QUOTE]CINN NYJ BUFF MIA BAL SAN D MINN CLEV PITT INDY DET NYJ CHI GB BUFF MIA Seeing the way that defense played last night with very little chance of improving any time soon, how far off is my prediction?  when the Pats are 1-6 or 2-5, how much pressure do you think there will be on our rooks?  How will Gillette stadium sound in November?  I just pray they lock up Brady soon or he might not want to stay.  Oh yeah, and when Moss leaves, along with having no pass rush or running back, we will no longer have a deep threat.
    Posted by patrick69[/QUOTE]

fairweather fan

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]"  I say they lose both games to the Jets" - were you wearing your Mark Sanchez jersey when you typed that? And why do you want to bring up Randy Moss not being on the team anymore when we're gearing up for this season? You've revealed your hand which seems a bitter one.  It's possible in the AFC east 9-7 will be enough to win the division and make the playoffs. So even if you are almost right, and a last minute field goals swings our record from 8-8 to 9-7, we could be in the playoffs. Yet you want to write off the team now. What you are really doing is to try to protect your level of emotional investment in a team that you don't trust, especially on D. That's ok, go ahead and do that. But contemplate two things: one: teams like the Jets that go into a season heavily favored often struggle. It's easier to be an underdog, and the Pats can cast themselves in that role. Two: one key injury to a key team and everything changes. So you're projecting healthy teams into the future as your make your dismissive prediction.  Since 8-8 could be right there with the playoffs in sight, for you to really honor your pessism you need to go with 6-10 or 7-9, really go with your sourness. Otherwise we could make the playoffs and you could still claim in retrospect you were basically right when in fact you want to bury the team a little so you won't be as disappointed. Well, most seasons end in disappointment, just ask undertroll.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to justify anything, I think the record will be 8-8.  They have a rough schedule, unlike last year when they went 10-6.  Injuries always change things, unfortunately the PATS seem to suffer from this a lot.  If other teams can't score on the Jets D, does that give the jets a better chance of winning?  They needed to add veteran presence in the off season, but they chose to ignore that and go with the draft where they traded down for a CB!!!  The 2 tight ends were better picks than that.  I hope I am wrong, but I see them at 1-3 going into the bye week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 8-8 at best this year : fairweather fan
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

You are right, nothing to worry about, 14-2 and off to the Superbowl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-8 at best this year : You are right, nothing to worry about, 14-2 and off to the Superbowl.

its preason. have you looked around at all the other contenders and how their doing in PRESEASON?

they had a terrible game, it doesn't count. wake up. your as bad a a hater

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-8 at best this year : You think they suffer more with injuries this year than last???  If that happens, you are Nostradamus. Ignore veteran presence?  Gerard Warren and Crumpler aren't a veteran presence? May I ask how old you are?

Did you say Warren and Crumpler????  They are OK I guess.  I mean a force veteran Presence.  I'm guessing that you pretty much just watch Patriot games and you don't really know how other teams play unless that team is playing the PATS, otherwise you would acknowledge the concern right now carrying over from last season.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-8 at best this year : I'm not trying to justify anything, I think the record will be 8-8.  They have a rough schedule, unlike last year when they went 10-6...

They had the third toughest schedule last year:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4027503

Sixth this year:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/21479/2010-strength-of-schedule

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8-8 at best this year : Did you say Warren and Crumpler????  They are OK I guess.  I mean a force veteran Presence.  I'm guessing that you pretty much just watch Patriot games and you don't really know how other teams play unless that team is playing the PATS, otherwise you would acknowledge the concern right now carrying over from last season.  

Huh? you are talking in circles

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Guys,

Our D sucked last night - VERY BADLY. 

I do believe this was our worst game of the season - our D HAS to improve from this - and improve they will !

I am optimistic that especially as our O improves and keeps decent TOP, we should get better. By mid to late season - we should be decent.

Until then, I am going to make sure there is nothing heavy in my living room that I might throw at the TV on Sundays !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE] I do believe this was our worst game of the seasonPosted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

again this is PRESEASON-its the worst game of the PRESEASON. go sulk with underdoggggg or coltsbabe