8 in Probowl 7 starters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

8 in Probowl 7 starters

quarterback Tom Brady,
    receiver Wes Welker,
    tight end Rob Gronkowski,
    offensive linemen Brian Waters and Logan Mankins,
    defensive linemen Vince Wilfork and Andre Carter,
    special teams player Matthew Slater.

Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, Mankins, Waters, Wilfork, and Carter were named as starters if you count special teams as starting that makes slater a starter too

looks like arrington got snubbed a bit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Re: 8 in Probowl 7 starters

Nice to see Slater get a nod for special teams. As a receiver and a safety he is invisible, but his kickoff/punt coverage this year has been stellar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i think ventrone got snubbed he leads the league in transactions

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: 8 in Probowl 7 starters:
    [QUOTE]Five from their crappy offense.  Imagine that.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

since when do they have a crappy offense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Conspicuously absent - Mayo. (not saying he should have been there)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]Conspicuously absent - Mayo. (not saying he should have been there)
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Hey Babe!

Imagine if McCorty was pro bowl worthy this season....defense might not be as scary in the playoffs!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Didn't know this is Carters first pro bowl.  Good for him!  Sux he won't be playing, though.  Oh well, hopefully no one is playing.  Just for different reasons.:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to 8 in Probowl 7 starters:
    [QUOTE]quarterback Tom Brady, receiver Wes Welker, tight end Rob Gronkowski, offensive linemen Brian Waters and Logan Mankins, defensive linemen Vince Wilfork and Andre Carter, special teams player Matthew Slater. Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, Mankins, Waters, Wilfork, and Carter were named as starters if you count special teams as starting that makes slater a starter too looks like arrington got snubbed a bit
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

KC released Brian Waters because they thought his career was over and they went with youth.  Thank you Scott Pioli!!!

Brian deserves a Super Bowl ring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

What impressed me most is the OL presence. Knowing that Matt Light, Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder and Dan Koppen (sadly hurt this year) make the Patriots OL among the best in the league on a "pass-first" team!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

You're the master of sarcasm...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 in Probowl 7 starters : Hey Babe! Imagine if McCorty was pro bowl worthy this season....defense might not be as scary in the playoffs!!!!!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

He is clearly the biggest disappointment on this team. If he had improved rather than regressed our D might be much better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

only 1 from defense :-(

not saying anyone else deserves it though...

SoxPats: good one on Ventrone :-)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Why the negative. The offense may not be perfect but still was second or third in the league in scoring. Do you doubt that Brady, Welker, Gronk are having pro-bowl years ?

Hetchinspete.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 in Probowl 7 starters : since when do they have a crappy offense?
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd love to have Pats66 back up his words with some stats, and or reasoning besides just the short terse statement. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I am hoping mone of them are available to play!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 in Probowl 7 starters : Agreed. I'd love to have Pats66 back up his words with some stats, and or reasoning besides just the short terse statement. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

I can assure you he is being sarcastic. There are people on this thread that believe that the defense is one of the best in the league and it is the offense (primarily because of Brady's hunger for passing stats) that is holding the team back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Thought Mankins went in on reputation alone. Light had a better year. Slater I agree had his best year Thought Mesko had a chance, wonder if he was close?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Mankins probably went in on rep, this was not his best year. Gates, RiverGotland Ray Lewis got in on rep too, maybe even Polamalu. Hernandez and Arrrington should have made it. I suppose we could quibble about the exactness of whether Carter and other players should be number one or top 3, but one thing I would point out is that if other GMs are drafting and picking up free agent talent so much better than BB than they would have more players in the PRO Bowl, or at least in the conversation. 8 players in leads the NFL and that's with many experts feeling Hernandez got snubbed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

7 INTs or not, Arrington is a starter on one of the worst statistical Ds I've ever seen. Furthermore, he's a DB in THE WORST defensive backfield I've ever seen the Pats field. Everyone throws on them, getting a few INTs is just a matter of the law of averages...and 5 were on tipped balls.

Waters was not released because KC thought he was washed up...they didn't want to pay him. Big difference there, he was a multiple Pro Bowler for KC.

Mankins has been fine this year. Lost the C to the right of him. Lost the T to the left of him. He was asked to play LT over Solder and got hurt. Hasn't been his best year sure, but he's been arguably the best OLineman in football some years, so a step down from that could still leave him in the elite category.

Slater I'm happiest to see. He's been a special teams ace for a few years, I've touted his gunner ability in the past, he's ALWAYS right there on punts, often making the play.

Good for Carter, his loss, I think, was the straw that has broken this camel's back. He was great as a pass rusher obviously, but his work on the run has been overlooked all year. He's been playing at a very high level since day 1. I hope they can replace him somehow, but I don't see it.

Brady/Welker/Wilfork/Gronk will be regulars, or have been, for years.

We are currently witnessing the best TE to ever play the game. I don't care if it's only year 2, nobody has EVER done it better. Enjoy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

you are kidding right ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Half the people here missed the fact that Patsfansince1966 was being sarcastic...

Two of BB's FA pickups made the pro bowl, Carter and Waters, which is nice to hear.

Mankins got in on name alone, he has been inconsistent this season, atleast, thats my opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A great achievement. The Niners also got 8.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]only 1 from defense :-( not saying anyone else deserves it though... SoxPats: good one on Ventrone :-)
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Wilfork, Carter and you can add Slater(He played D Wink) so we have three going.