8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]the whole "cheating" thing is nothing more than a built-in excuse for the fans of teams that ever lost to the pats...but really, who cares what a bunch of dumb hicks from indiana think anyway? its a bush league city, so naturally their trolls are expected to be just as amateurish as their second rate hometown is...
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

It seems that your hypocrasy knows no ends. The whole "cheating" thing is nothing more than a built-in excuse"??  Kind of like you guys accusing Bill Polian of paying off the refs or the Colts pumping in noise or turning up the heat in the dome or the NFL having it out for the Pats or blah blah blah blah freakin' blah.  You guys come up with more excuses than anyone!!  Man I love hypocrites.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : It seems that your hypocrasy knows no ends. The whole "cheating" thing is nothing more than a built-in excuse"??  Kind of like you guys accusing Bill Polian of paying off the refs or the Colts pumping in noise or turning up the heat in the dome or the NFL having it out for the Pats or blah blah blah blah freakin' blah.  You guys come up with more excuses than anyone!!  Man I love hypocrites.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

Still haven't looked at your not-so-innocent d-backs somehow managing to avoid penalties even though they still commit them.

Keep hiding from it, but the bear hug on Edelman and the contact on Moss on the Brady interception were just as bad, if not worse, than anything the Patriots were called for.

I can guarantee you that there was downfield contact committed by the Colts just as much as the Patriots, but somehow only the Patriots are called for it.

Seems odd that the Colts can go 8 quarters without committing ANY penalties on defense... they mustn't be human.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : Still haven't looked at your not-so-innocent d-backs somehow managing to avoid penalties even though they still commit them. Keep hiding from it, but the bear hug on Edelman and the contact on Moss on the Brady interception were just as bad, if not worse, than anything the Patriots were called for. I can guarantee you that there was downfield contact committed by the Colts just as much as the Patriots, but somehow only the Patriots are called for it. Seems odd that the Colts can go 8 quarters without committing ANY penalties on defense... they mustn't be human.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I never once said that the Colts D didn't commit any penalties.  All I did was offer up an explination as to why the Pats, based solely on scheme, will receive more penalties than the Colts.  Yes, that stat is odd.  One would think that there would have been at least one called in two games but do I believe that there is a league wide conspiracy against that Pats?  Hell no!! You all need to put down the bong and the 'shrooms if you think that the league is "out to get" the Pats.  Just listen to yourselves.  You sound like a bunch of paranoid wack-jobs looking for black helecopters in the sky and guys wearing sunglasses following you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : I never once said that the Colts D didn't commit any penalties.  All I did was offer up an explination as to why the Pats, based solely on scheme, will receive more penalties than the Colts.  Yes, that stat is odd.  One would think that there would have been at least one called in two games but do I believe that there is a league wide conspiracy against that Pats?  Hell no!! You all need to put down the bong and the 'shrooms if you think that the league is "out to get" the Pats.  Just listen to yourselves.  You sound like a bunch of paranoid wack-jobs looking for black helecopters in the sky and guys wearing sunglasses following you.

If there is a conspiracy, it is not against the Pats.
    It is FOR the Colts.
    The rules seem to bend in their favor no matter who they are playing.

BTW: Love the nose pick shot. Priceless!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : If there is a conspiracy, it is not against the Pats. It is FOR the Colts. The rules seem to bend in their favor no matter who they are playing. BTW: Love the nose pick shot. Priceless!
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

This is like trying to convince a guy I work with that there are no CIA deathsquads roaming the country killing all who oppose the Federal Govt. or that FEMA doesn't have death camps set up and they aren't killing US citizens..... Ok guys, let's try this again.  The NFL isn't having the Refs rule in favor of the Colts to influence the outcome of the game.  Why would they do that?  Indy is a small market team with little fan base outside of Central Indiana.  Go to Northwestern Indiana and they are all Bears fans.  Go to Southeastern Indiana and they're all Bengals fans.  The Southwest corner of the state indetifies more with St. Louis than they do with Indy.  You'll find a ton of Cardinals (baseball) fans there and most are Rams fans too.  The Northeastern part of the state is split 3 ways between the Bears, the Colts and the Lions.  You are going to have to come with hard concrete evidance that the NFL and the Colts are conspiring against the rest of the league.  Otherwise you guys just look like conspiracy theory whacko's.  Tell Oliver Stone to make a movie out of this while you're at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lsulifer86. Show lsulifer86's posts

Here's another interesting set of stats in the 2007 NE@INDY game (which the Pats won 24-20):

NE Total # First downs by penalty = 1
    INDY Total # First downs by penalty = 4

There's a game that the refs and the heat / noise in the dome could not help the Colts win. So, yes, the Pats have won INSPITE of the refs and the heat/noise gate in the dome.

Now I know why Polian closed the dome for Sunday's game..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from realist01. Show realist01's posts

In Response to 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]I was waiting all game for the zebras to bail out the Colts, when the 31 yard PI was called I said here goes. Not a defensive call last night, and checking my PFW issue of last years colts game, colts played penalty free. Am I the only one thinking thats a little strange???
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from realist01. Show realist01's posts

First: 11/17/2009
    Last: 11/17/2009
    iT'S SO  EASY TO WHINE when a call goes against you...not ONCE has NE turned around and given a questionable call back to the other team,  and those calls were NOT questionable.  STOP THAT ...it is SOOO tacky. Here's some facts
    ......... Pats Colts
    1st downs 24 vs 25
    Plays 72 vs 63
    Yards 471 vs 407
    Passing Y 364 vs 316
    Rushing Y 113 vs 91 Yards per carry 4.0 vs 5.1
    Red Zone 3/6 vs 3/3 HMM---who was more danagerous!
    Fourth downs 0/1 vs 0/0
    it is simple.. Final Score 35-34!
    1st quarter a draw, 2nd quarter all NE, 3rd quarter sucked all around, 4th quarter  COLTS.  It's all in the t-t-t-timing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Nice stat sheet but you left out PENALTIES and yardage so I will help you. DOLTS 3 penalties for 20 yards 2 illegal motion, and 1 block in back on punt return. Pats 7, including 2 pass interfernce, and i forgot the rest....  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]Here's another interesting set of stats in the 2007 NE@INDY game (which the Pats won 24-20): NE Total # First downs by penalty = 1 INDY Total # First downs by penalty = 4 There's a game that the refs and the heat / noise in the dome could not help the Colts win. So, yes, the Pats have won INSPITE of the refs and the heat/noise gate in the dome. Now I know why Polian closed the dome for Sunday's game..
    Posted by lsulifer86[/QUOTE]

It would have been closed no matter who we played.  There was a good chance of rain sunday night (it actually did start raining after the 3rd qtr) and their is no drainage system on the field and the electronics (scoreboard, speakers, jumbo screens, etc.) are not waterproofed either.  Were there any Pats fans at the game sunday?  I'd like to hear their take as to the temp and noise level in the stadium.  Could it just be that the old dome was warmer and louder than LOF?  I've been to games in both and the answer is yes.  The RCA Dome was tiny. There was no place for the heat or noise to go.  I've been there in the nose bleeds before during "who gives a crap games" against "who gives a crap teams" and the temp was hot enough to make me shed a layer.  On those same games, it was so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think.  The Colts didn't need to pump in noise, we're loud enough as is, and they didn't need to turn up the heat either, there was a record breaking crowd the night of the '06 AFC Champ. Game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : This is like trying to convince a guy I work with that there are no CIA deathsquads roaming the country killing all who oppose the Federal Govt. or that FEMA doesn't have death camps set up and they aren't killing US citizens..... Ok guys, let's try this again.  The NFL isn't having the Refs rule in favor of the Colts to influence the outcome of the game.  Why would they do that?  Indy is a small market team with little fan base outside of Central Indiana.  Go to Northwestern Indiana and they are all Bears fans.  Go to Southeastern Indiana and they're all Bengals fans.  The Southwest corner of the state indetifies more with St. Louis than they do with Indy.  You'll find a ton of Cardinals (baseball) fans there and most are Rams fans too.  The Northeastern part of the state is split 3 ways between the Bears, the Colts and the Lions.  You are going to have to come with hard concrete evidance that the NFL and the Colts are conspiring against the rest of the league.  Otherwise you guys just look like conspiracy theory whacko's.  Tell Oliver Stone to make a movie out of this while you're at it.

Apparently, you do not understand the meaning of the word IF.

Hey! Who's that guy in the dark glasses over there??!!? 

Still love the nose pick. Now that should  be called an offensive penalty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

The network could have done better with a replay, but it looked like Welker was blatantly tripped on his long punt return. No call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanp. Show deanp's posts

First off huge Pats fan, such a tough loss. However, A loss that was not a result of penalties (althjough the PI call was really ticky tacky) .  And if this was already covered in this thread I missed it but can think of two called Colts penalties off hand, the illegal shift (which I think was declined) and the false start by one of the Colts receivers (memorable as normally a reciever doesnt have a flase start)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSONE. Show PATSONE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : So doctoring the ball in baseball, is that cheating or a rules violation??  You are splitting hairs.  From Webster's Online Dictionary : Cheating intransitive verb 1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards /> <cheat ing on a test>   VIOLATE RULES..... RULES VIOLATION????  So if you just swap the two words then they're not the same I guess? 

can I clarify something?  Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others, [1] Cheating implies the breaking of rules. The term "cheating" is less applicable to the breaking of laws, as illegal activities are referred to by specific legal terminology such as fraud or corruption. Cheating is a primordial economic act: getting more for less, often used when referring to marital infidelity. A person who is guilty of cheating is generally referred to as a cheat (British English), or a cheater (American English).

Please note in order for cheating to occur an unfair advantage has to take place.  So if no unfair advantage took place cheating didn't occur.  Since the rule violation was taping from the wrong spot and taping from other spots are legal then no unfair advantage took place.

I think even you have to agree that no one ever thought the PATS tape from the wrong spot, they never used the tapes during the game being played and thus never gained a unfair advantage.  They could have gotten tapes form other sources and taped from other areas that would have given them the same information--just like every other teams could have.

NOW ENOUGH WITH DEFINNING RULE VIOLATION AND CHEATING.  THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM THAT CHEAT AND THAT THE ONE THAT BOT THE REFS SUNDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSONE. Show PATSONE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : can I clarify something?   Cheating is an act of lying , deception , fraud , trickery , imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others, [ 1 ] Cheating implies the breaking of rules . The term "cheating" is less applicable to the breaking of laws , as illegal activities are referred to by specific legal terminology such as fraud or corruption . Cheating is a primordial economic act: getting more for less , often used when referring to marital infidelity . A person who is guilty of cheating is generally referred to as a cheat (British English), or a cheater (American English). Please note in order for cheating to occur an unfair advantage has to take place.  So if no unfair advantage took place cheating didn't occur.  Since the rule violation was taping from the wrong spot and taping from other spots are legal then no unfair advantage took place. I think even you have to agree that no one ever thought the PATS tape from the wrong spot, they never used the tapes during the game being played and thus never gained a unfair advantage.  They could have gotten tapes form other sources and taped from other areas that would have given them the same information--just like every other teams could have. NOW ENOUGH WITH DEFINNING RULE VIOLATION AND CHEATING.  THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM THAT CHEAT AND THAT THE ONE THAT BOT THE REFS SUNDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by PATSONE[/QUOTE]

Sorry I meant to say "I think even you have to agree that no one ever thought the PATS cheated but tape from the wrong spot, they never used the tapes during the game being played and thus never gained a unfair advantage."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : Holy crap... You guys are really going down with the ship on this one aren't you.... Just listen to this, really sit back and listen..... "We didn't cheat, we just violated the rules."  "It's not cheating, it's just knowingly breaking the rules to gain an unfair advantage.  That's not cheating."......... Really, Really.  Are you gonna sit here and argue with me on what is cheating and what isn't.  You're like the guy who's wife has caught him cheating and he's trying to argue with her on the definition of infadelity. 
    could care less about the issue actually just thought you might want to know how to use a dictionary.  All definitions cannot be reversed.  Clearly there is a defference between the two terms, if a player dances in the endzone is he cheating?  Or is he violating the rules?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanp. Show deanp's posts

oops defensive penalties, my bad

[QUOTE]First off huge Pats fan, such a tough loss. However, A loss that was not a result of penalties (althjough the PI call was really ticky tacky) .  And if this was already covered in this thread I missed it but can think of two called Colts penalties off hand, the illegal shift (which I think was declined) and the false start by one of the Colts receivers (memorable as normally a reciever doesnt have a flase start)
    Posted by deanp[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spectator22. Show Spectator22's posts

[QUOTE]A little perspective.  Just like in Shula's day when Miami got a lot of "benefit of the doubt" calls, New England gets plenty of them now.  I am not complaining; and I don't come here to talk smack.  I am just pointing out the fact that good teams like the Pats and even the Colts get the "benefit of the doubt calls", which Miami got for a long long time under Shula. So please, don't complain about the Colts. 
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spectator22. Show Spectator22's posts

[QUOTE]A little perspective.  Just like in Shula's day when Miami got a lot of "benefit of the doubt" calls, New England gets plenty of them now.  I am not complaining; and I don't come here to talk smack.  I am just pointing out the fact that good teams like the Pats and even the Colts get the "benefit of the doubt calls", which Miami got for a long long time under Shula. So please, don't complain about the Colts. 
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spectator22. Show Spectator22's posts

Also , remember that Shula was head of the NFL rules committee for years - "Why the hell can't they ever get to Marino?"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Dfree..Why dont you go post on an Indy board. What do u really expect coming in here trying to induce reaction. You must be a complete noob with no life. Although some of your points can be taken you sound like a underdogg knockoff....scram dude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]Dfree..Why dont you go post on an Indy board. What do u really expect coming in here trying to induce reaction. You must be a complete noob with no life. Although some of your points can be taken you sound like a underdogg knockoff....scram dude.
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, no can do.  After seeing Pats fans talkin' stupid sh*t on our posts since August.  I'm just trying to give Colts fans a decent name here.  I don't want all you Boston people thinking that we're all like "ColtsBabe".  Man is she dumb!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

DF, I welcome your posts. What fun would it be if this was a Pats fans only board.
    Your arguments are sound and not stupid like babe and coltman, I just hope you're not all three...Ha!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Does everyone forget Polian basically runs the "competition committee". It should be renamed the "Keeping the Colts Competitive Committee". Polian is at the root of every recent change to benefit receivers and protect QBS. Every. Single. One. He is quoted as saying "We're at about 42 points per game now...we don't want to see it that low." LOW! 24-17 isn't a good game! Does every game need to be 35-24? Why even have defenses? The NFL ought to decide records based on the QBs performance in the annual QB Challenge! Or maybe it should be changed to a 7 on 7 format like in practices. Or maybe flag football rules where you have 1 rusher, and 6 seconds to release the ball. I like low scoring, physical, defensive battles where TDs are truly earned and not handed out because you can't lay a damn finger on a receiver after 5 yards, but they can certainly push off, and do, or stiff-arm while the ball is in the air, stop and let a defender run into them. Pathetic.

Kraft negotiated on behalf of the NFL against the refs, eh. Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, because I'm sure all the refs LOVE Kraft for that, and as a result, certainly hold no ill will towards the Pats. Yeah, because I'm sure those labor negotiations went so swimmingly. Are you that ignorant?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : Sorry man, no can do.  After seeing Pats fans talkin' stupid sh*t on our posts since August.  I'm just trying to give Colts fans a decent name here.  I don't want all you Boston people thinking that we're all like "ColtsBabe".  Man is she dumb!!

Fair enough, and we are also trying to disspell the cheating myth.
    The easiest way I can do this is to ask you a question.  You do know that taping the other team is perfectly legal, don't you?  It was only where they were taping, that was the issue and not THAT they were taping.  If taping outright were illegal, then you would be right.  That is why your Baseball analogy doesn't fly.  It is illegal and it doesn't matter where or when you do it.
    But the fact is that they were doing something "perfectly Legal" from the wrong spot on the field.  That is a rule violation.  Not cheating!
    I have no idea why it is written this way and believe that it is an antiquated rule.
    Heck half the population today doesn't even know what a Polaroid is and that is mentioned in the rule.  With today's technology and cameras with 1000x zoom, it really doesn't matter where you tape from.  Does it?  Honestly.
    I heard on the Radio a while back that there is a town (whose name I don't remember) that it is illegal to buy tooth paste and a tooth brush together on Sundays.  You can buy one but not the other.  This taping rule makes about as much sense.  But, yup they broke it.
    If you ask me, those dozens of Polaroids that Peyton was studying of our defense DURING THE GAME, is more of a concern.  But it's legal...go figure!

Sections
Shortcuts