8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

I was waiting all game for the zebras to bail out the Colts, when the 31 yard PI was called I said here goes. Not a defensive call last night, and checking my PFW issue of last years colts game, colts played penalty free. Am I the only one thinking thats a little strange???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

Its interesting to say the least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    I was waiting all game for the zebras to bail out the Colts, when the 31 yard PI was called I said here goes. Not a defensive call last night, and checking my PFW issue of last years colts game, colts played penalty free. Am I the only one thinking thats a little strange???
    Posted by ccsjl

There is a discussion buried deep in these boards regarding the statistical analysis for penalties for each team, and every year the Colts are at the bottom (fewest penalties and fewest yards) - even if the coaches change, even if the players change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

A little perspective.  Just like in Shula's day when Miami got a lot of "benefit of the doubt" calls, New England gets plenty of them now.  I am not complaining; and I don't come here to talk smack.  I am just pointing out the fact that good teams like the Pats and even the Colts get the "benefit of the doubt calls", which Miami got for a long long time under Shula. So please, don't complain about the Colts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I saw Brady take a helmet to his head, not a huge hit but I beleive any contact with a QBs head at all is supposed to be 15 yards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I saw the exact same hit and laughed with no flag........Like I said no defensive penalties on Colts for 8 straight quarters....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Wow, What Can We Say...The Indy Colts are just a well-oiled machine...  A machine that no matter How you run it, When You run it, Where you run it, How long you run it, and even Who runs it, Never EVER breaks down...Kinda like a perpetual motion machine, IF it actually existed, and IF it weren't for Laws of Physics like Momentum and Motion, Conservation of Energy, Laws of Friction, Time and Space...The Colts somehow found a way to overcome silly Laws of Rationality and Reason like effects of Human Error, Laws of Constancy and Consistancy, The Laws of definate and multiple proportion, Laws of Exponents and Large numbers. 

Pretty much ANY Law of Relativity and Rationality and Similarity kinda should be redifined when viewed through the Lens of The Indy Colts and so many numerous potential Penalty aspects that could, might (and I once thought "should") Occur within the game they play.  Man, There was a time in my life when I actually believed some things that stupid Newton was tryin' to sell me with his big "theories" called Gravity and Inertia...then I watch the Colts play Football and realize The Universe and especially History is ever malleable and always changing.  I think I'm going through an existential dilemna as we speak...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

the colts are a sscumbag organization full of sscumbag fans, they constantly try to cheat against the pats. For years they have called dummy PI penalties. I can't believe we had no PI penalties called for the pats receivers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KIDWIX. Show KIDWIX's posts

I love it!!!! That Bill makes that call

Oh yeah I love that bill made that call!!! and that's why i love the Patriots... i would rather lose like that then be like we used to be when pete Carol coached us.. that guy never took a chance... I like that we take chances... I can tell you what they did wrong they left themselves with no time outs.. and I thought they started that drive like they just wanted to try and run the clock out... when they should of took the approach that they need to score I almost think they should of gone in the 2 minute drill even though they were up by 6... i do think the nfl has got to do something about the pass interference calls i see so many BS calls and not just against us... it ruins games.. think about the percentage you could probably have a 50/50 chance of getting a call i would go deep a whole lot more then teams do after all said and done look at that spot we got even after the bobble it was right on the line I think that was a really bad spot...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    Posted by ccsjl

To ccsjl and ALL:

~BTW, I'M the head-antagonist/cry-baby complainer, I suppose...  It was your's trully WHO Originally looked up The Decade-Long List of Team Penalties for certain organizations (here: Indy) on the NFL.com web-site while I was an ESPN.com messageboard member (and thus reposting it here), After I was responding to a Colt's Poster who was stating that "N.E. gets ALL the calls..." (Pats in fact, Do NOT and have been ALL, up and down the Total Penalties/Yards Board through the years). 

But alas, Finding that the Colts were ALWAYS somewhere near the bottom of The League, or even Last in Penalties year after year (after year) for the greater part of a Decade-ALL through countless Player, Personell, Rule and NFL Personell changes while EVERY other NFL Franchise moved ALL over the board in terms of Penalties and their Yardage throughout the years...  Just want to say I originally went on that site with an open-mind, maybe I was Wrong, maybe Right, AND ONLY later did I hear about such things like Bill Polian's years on the Competition Committee (and for a while Polian and Tony Dungy as an active Indy Coach's mutual membership on the board for NFL Official and Rule Dictation/Translation/Amendments)...not to say there's ANY connection, at ALL...whatsoever.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]the colts are a sscumbag organization full of sscumbag fans, they constantly try to cheat against the pats. For years they have called dummy PI penalties. I can't believe we had no PI penalties called for the pats receivers. 
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE

Last time I checked on one of these two teams had been penalized by the NFL for cheating???  Stop all that noise about the Colts cheating, Polian paying the Refs and any other dumb crap you can come up with.  Polian doesn't have enought money to make those refs risk going to jail like that NBA ref.  That's the stupidest statement I've ever heard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOGAH-2009. Show TOGAH-2009's posts

Here's the thing:  good teams make fewer penalties.  Bad teams (or fraud teams) are more likely to make a foul.

THE PATRIOTS ARE THE ONLY TEAM EVER CAUGHT CHEATING.  LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that last year the Pats were enjoying a good run of games with no accepted penalties and suddenly they popped out 10 of them in a game.  Wasn't that the Colts game?  I'm too lazy to look it up but it seems like it was.  Another coincidence, or what?  (emphasis on OR WHAT)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... :
    the colts are a sscumbag organization full of sscumbag fans, they constantly try to cheat against the pats. For years they have called dummy PI penalties. I can't believe we had no PI penalties called for the pats receivers.  Posted by crono420[/QUOTE Last time I checked on one of these two teams had been penalized by the NFL for cheating???  Stop all that noise about the Colts cheating, Polian paying the Refs and any other dumb crap you can come up with.  Polian doesn't have enought money to make those refs risk going to jail like that NBA ref.  That's the stupidest statement I've ever heard.
    Posted by DFree93HOF

The Pats were penalized for a rule violation and not for cheating.  Ask God Roger himself.  Now, influencing the refs....that would be cheating!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... :
    the colts are a sscumbag organization full of sscumbag fans, they constantly try to cheat against the pats. For years they have called dummy PI penalties. I can't believe we had no PI penalties called for the pats receivers.  Posted by crono420[/QUOTE Last time I checked on one of these two teams had been penalized by the NFL for cheating???  Stop all that noise about the Colts cheating, Polian paying the Refs and any other dumb crap you can come up with.  Polian doesn't have enought money to make those refs risk going to jail like that NBA ref.  That's the stupidest statement I've ever heard.
    Posted by DFree93HOF

DFree and ALL:

"Polian doesn't have enough money to pay Refs...".  Pretty bright, well-documented and proven statement ya got goin' for your argument DFree...  Here, Let me give ya mine:

~Ya See, 1 of these 2 teams have member(s) on the single most important committee in determining How a Game is Officiated and who, where, when Calls get made AND How, Why, and What These Calls are, AND The Rules in which How the game is actually played AND THAT Team has tailor made their Team and Game-Plan to such recent and numerous rule-changes AND ALSO Have been the Greatest Beneficiaries of these Referee calls than ANY other franchise in a decade's time...

The other Team was 1 of many teams who did something, but thus Snubbing their nose at a Commish's letter warning ALL teams to desist this act, that team sent 1 cameraman to a team's far sideline in order to get a better angle of multiple real and fake encrypted hand signals and mouth signals shielded by oversized plastic playsheets to better diagnose at a later date how their opponent runs numerous defensive systems and orientations...  

~See I liken this to the bank janitor who gets fired for stealing pencils while the bank manager fudges bank loans and books in order to pay for and stock his summer villa mansion with arabian horses.  Yup, 1 of these teams is cheating...the other team takes it to an art form by defining it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

oggieman... you missed the point of this string....   how can the Colts D, given the passing heavy attack the Pats have, not have one or two called and thusly, see the disparity in penalty calls when these two teams play?  CAN YOU objectively look at the two most controversial calls of this game and look at it as if it were called against the Dolphins.

#1 - Your Phin D-back jumps up to snare a slightly underthrown pass, has a better position in relation to the ball.  The receiver, who is BEHIND the D-back, NEEDS to come back to the ball and runs INTO the D-Back who is in the air.  You're OK with a defensive PI call?

#2 - Williams catches a ball, on, if not beyond the 30 yards line, 2 d-backs hit and drive him back, the ball in now placed a half yard SHORT of the 30.  Good spot?

To be truthful, oggie, you can't (won't) answer this with football acumen as it didn't happen to your team and you enjoy seeing the Pats lose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : The Pats were penalized for a rule violation and not for cheating.  Ask God Roger himself.  Now, influencing the refs....that would be cheating!
    Posted by pezz4pats

You just defined cheating....."The Pats were penalized for a rule violation", a rule violation IS cheating ya big dummy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : DFree and ALL : " Polian doesn't have enough money to pay Refs ...".  Pretty bright, well-documented and proven statement ya got goin' for your argument  DFree ...  Here, Let me give ya mine: ~ Ya See, 1 of these 2 teams have member(s) on the single most important committee in determining How a Game is Officiated and who, where, when Calls get made AND How, Why, and What These Calls are, AND The Rules in which How the game is actually played AND THAT Team has tailor made their Team and Game-Plan to such recent and numerous rule-changes AND ALSO Have been the Greatest Beneficiaries of these Referee calls than ANY other franchise in a decade's time... The other Team was 1 of many teams who did something, but thus Snubbing their nose at a Commish's letter warning ALL teams to desist this act,  that  team sent 1 cameraman to a team's far sideline in order to get a better angle of multiple real and fake encrypted hand signals and mouth signals shielded by oversized plastic playsheets to better diagnose at a later date how their opponent runs numerous defensive systems and orientations...   ~ See I liken this to the bank janitor who gets fired for stealing pencils while the bank manager fudges bank loans and books in order to pay for and stock his summer villa mansion with arabian horses.  Yup, 1 of these teams is cheating...the other team takes it to an art form by  defining it...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Yeah last time I checked Bill Polian wasn't the only guy on the Comp. Committee.  Jeff Fischer (the Titans coach) is on it too.  We play them twice a year.  Would he vote to change rules that only benefited the Colts and no one else??  "Come on man!!"  Hell no he wouldn't do that.  Also you all keep forgetting that the Pats have more contact with the refs than anyone.  Bob Kraft negotiated the Ref Union contract on behalf of the NFL.  Why haven't I heard that from any Pats fans??  Keep loading up that excuse wagon, it's almost full and y'all are grasping at straws.  The excuses are getting absurd and ridiculus now.  You've taken it from 1 bad call to "Bill Polian is paying off the Refs."  If he were doing that then I'm sure some Vegas Mob guys would have off'd him by now for messing with the spread.  Come on now, this is getting dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Im still waiting for a Dolt fan to deny this truth - NOT one penalty called on the Colts defense in 2 complete games while playing the Pats........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Last 5 games vs Colts.

Patriots called for 32 penalties for 382 yards
    Colts     called for 19 penalties for 145 yards

All five games Patriots called for more penalties and more yardage.
    All five games critical and bogus calls against the Patriots.
    All four losses decided by bad officiating. One win for Patriots despite being screwed all day.

There are no stats for non-calls and "judgment" calls.  I say those have gone against the Patriots as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

CC - You want a call, huh?  You whiny b*tch.  You have been nothing but a loudmouth all week and your team lost. Now you are whining about a lack of calls when your team effectively had a 20 pt lead in the 4th.  I say 20 pts because their field goal (which was a short field failure by the pats) required the colts to score 3 TD's in the quarter not 2 TD's and a FG. 

There are so many issues you could point to that it is a very good thing you have nothing to do with the team you love other than love them.  Your inability to see the forest for the trees renders your opinions meaningless.

I will give you the answer you desire.  The refs did not see the colts commit a penalty.  How is that for an answer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Last 5 games vs Colts. Patriots called for 32 penalties for 382 yards Colts     called for 19 penalties for 145 yards All five games Patriots called for more penalties and more yardage. All five games critical and bogus calls against the Patriots. All four losses decided by bad officiating. One win for Patriots despite being screwed all day.     There are no stats for non-calls and "judgment" calls.  I say those have gone against the Patriots as well.
    Posted by vtfanofcs

~I for one see no disparity between almost double the number of Penalties and More than double the number of Yards alloted, Because In My View since The Pat's Owner helped NFL Officials 1 time in mediation of their attempts to negotiate their contracs with the overall League and always paid by the League, it's the same thing as The Colt's Owner setting the rules in place for How the game should be played and Overseeing these officials in their jobs on a daily basis...  And I DON'T wanna hear any complainin' from my fellow misguided Pat's Fans since the overall stats in this matchup and for a decade-long in other Colt's matchups certainly show I'm right on this one...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

Last 5 games vs Colts. Patriots called for 32 penalties for 382 yards Colts     called for 19 penalties for 145 yards All five games Patriots called for more penalties and more yardage. All five games critical and bogus calls against the Patriots. All four losses decided by bad officiating. One win for Patriots despite being screwed all day.     There are no stats for non-calls and "judgment" calls.  I say those have gone against the Patriots as well.
    Posted by vtfanofcs

wow... that's impressive!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Posted by vtfanofcs

You are right, the helmet to helmet that was not called last night.  Not even a Peep about it.  Where was the Ref.?  Probably counting the extra bills that suddenly showed up in his pocket.

Sections
Shortcuts