8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]Im still waiting for a Dolt fan to deny this truth - NOT one penalty called on the Colts defense in 2 complete games while playing the Pats........
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

I won't dispute that fact but I will dispute that anyone in the Colts organization is paying the refs off.  Here's how I see it.  The Colts use quick receivers, guys that can cut and get out of those cuts quickly, and the Pats style of D is to beat you up and manhandle you.  Those two styles are diametrically opposite, I think that this is why you see so many PI calls.  Same with offensive holding on the Pats O-Line, when you have such quick DE's off the snap you have that.  These ref's have 22 guys to watch on each play and all are moving very fast. Maybe the flags get thrown on the Pats more just because their style of play (maul you and rough you up) is easier to spot as opposed to the Colts who's corners don't play a lot of press coverage and play A LOT of zone which has the DB's off the WR's until the ball is thrown.  That and it's hard to call PI on the Colts when Brady's either throwin' a 2 yard pass to Welker and the Colts DB's are 5 yrds off the line or when it's a bomb to Randy Moss and he's 5 yards deeper than the nearest Colts DB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : You just defined cheating....."The Pats were penalized for a rule violation", a rule violation IS cheating ya big dummy.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

A rule violation is a rule violation, Ya Bigger Dummy!  Please show me where it defines a rule violation as cheating and I will concur.  C'mon is it in the NFL by-laws, don't think so.  How 'bout a dictionary?  Nope not there either.
    Is celebrating in the end zone cheating?  Nope....just a rule violation!
    Taping from the wrong spot on the field although taping IS legal.  Rule Violation.
    Influencing the refs to gain an unfair advantage. Cheating.
    Got it now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : A rule violation is a rule violation, Ya Bigger Dummy!  Please show me where it defines a rule violation as cheating and I will concur.  C'mon is it in the NFL by-laws, don't think so.  How 'bout a dictionary?  Nope not there either. Is celebrating in the end zone cheating?  Nope....just a rule violation! Taping from the wrong spot on the field although taping IS legal.  Rule Violation. Influencing the refs to gain an unfair advantage. Cheating. Got it now?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

So doctoring the ball in baseball, is that cheating or a rules violation??  You are splitting hairs.  From Webster's Online Dictionary : Cheating intransitive verb 1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>  VIOLATE RULES..... RULES VIOLATION????  So if you just swap the two words then they're not the same I guess? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : So doctoring the ball in baseball, is that cheating or a rules violation??  You are splitting hairs.  From Webster's Online Dictionary : Cheating intransitive verb 1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards /> <cheat ing on a test>   VIOLATE RULES..... RULES VIOLATION????  So if you just swap the two words then they're not the same I guess? 

BTW: That is a direct quote from Websters'.  So now the question is for you, GOT IT??  I think that now you do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : So doctoring the ball in baseball, is that cheating or a rules violation??  You are splitting hairs.  From Webster's Online Dictionary : Cheating intransitive verb 1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards /> <cheat ing on a test />   VIOLATE RULES..... RULES VIOLATION????  So if you just swap the two words then they're not the same I guess? 

~I tell ya, as long as I live, I'll NEVER get sick a' the ol' Dictionary Definition in order to prove a point ill supported by countable facts or decent references...ever.  In fact, I'm way ahead of you DFree, and I don't even need Websters Dictionary ever since My Grandfather told me that The Colts get no help from the officials and the Pats are cheaters, and he's been around for some time, so he's gotta be smart... A "direct quote"! from the dictionary nonetheless...you sound like one a those facy smancy learn-ed college smartalecks if ya ask me...I'm quittin' while I still can...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : ~I tell ya, as long as I live, I'll NEVER get sick a' the ol' Dictionary Definition in order to prove a point ill supported by countable facts or decent references...ever.  In fact, I'm way ahead of you DFree, and I don't even need Websters Dictionary ever since My Grandfather told me that The Colts get no help from the officials and the Pats are cheaters, and he's been around for some time, so he's gotta be smart... A " direct quote "! from the dictionary nonetheless...you sound like one a those facy smancy learn-ed college smartalecks if ya ask me...I'm quittin' while I still can...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Hey he asked me to go check the dictionary so I did.  It wasn't hard to prove him wrong.  He pretty much did it for me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]the colts are a sscumbag organization full of sscumbag fans, they constantly try to cheat against the pats. For years they have called dummy PI penalties. I can't believe we had no PI penalties called for the pats receivers. 
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

The Colts are a mostly classy organization with a sc*mb*g GM (Polian) who punches employees and controls the refs' salaries.  He also campaigned for all of the rules from which his team benefits (defensive holding, pass interference, illegal contact) and for which they're almost never called (check the Colts-Titans game last year because I remember specifically noting that the Colts d-backs were bumping Titans receivers 10-15yds downfield in their cover 2 scheme).

I am amused that their defense somehow never bumped or made contact with any of the Patriots' world class receivers anywhere downfield.

Or that they never held Edelman as he tried to run out of the slot on a catch that he eventually made anyway in the second quarter with 2:50-2:40 remaining?  Because Edelman was straight up bear hugged at the line of scrimmage on that play, and it wasn't called.

Yet Butler was called for jumping up for the ball when his hands and arms never touched Collie (they said he bumped into Collie with his body and that it was obvious that the jump was intended to interfere and somehow not incidental).  B*llsh*t.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : I won't dispute that fact but I will dispute that anyone in the Colts organization is paying the refs off.  Here's how I see it.  The Colts use quick receivers, guys that can cut and get out of those cuts quickly, and the Pats style of D is to beat you up and manhandle you.  Those two styles are diametrically opposite, I think that this is why you see so many PI calls.  Same with offensive holding on the Pats O-Line, when you have such quick DE's off the snap you have that.  These ref's have 22 guys to watch on each play and all are moving very fast. Maybe the flags get thrown on the Pats more just because their style of play (maul you and rough you up) is easier to spot as opposed to the Colts who's corners don't play a lot of press coverage and play A LOT of zone which has the DB's off the WR's until the ball is thrown.  That and it's hard to call PI on the Colts when Brady's either throwin' a 2 yard pass to Welker and the Colts DB's are 5 yrds off the line or when it's a bomb to Randy Moss and he's 5 yards deeper than the nearest Colts DB. 

They somehow ALWAY conveniently see interference on the Pats d-backs and not the Colts'?????

Here's news for you: the Colts have played Tampa-2 for most of this decade.  The cornerbacks' job in the flats is to jam the wideout, and if you REALLY watch the game footage like someone who played for 11 years, you'll see the Colts bumping receivers 10-15 yards downfield and not being called for it.  It's outright hypocritical.

What happened to Moss in the end zone was NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT HAPPENED TO AUSTIN COLLIE ON THE 31-YARD PENALTY CALLED ON DARIUS BUTLER.  It was just convenient that the Colts picked Brady off so the attention was drawn away from the double standard.

(note: Maroney cost the Patriots the game)
    (doesn't change the hypocrisy one bit)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : BTW: That is a direct quote from Websters'.  So now the question is for you, GOT IT??  I think that now you do.

I asked you to define rule violation, not cheating.  They are 2 separate entities, have separate meanings and are not to be used as synonyms.
    Like I said, the Pats were fined for a rule violation.  Taping from the wrong part of the field is a rule violation.  They were not fined for cheating.
    The cheating part is a tag assigned by people who either don't or don't want to
    understand.  Titans, B. Adams was just fined $250000.00 for flipping off the fans.
    Rule violation!  Not cheating!  Now you get it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : They somehow ALWAY conveniently see interference on the Pats d-backs and not the Colts'????? Here's news for you: the Colts have played Tampa-2 for most of this decade.  The cornerbacks' job in the flats is to jam the wideout, and if you REALLY watch the game footage like someone who played for 11 years, you'll see the Colts bumping receivers 10-15 yards downfield and not being called for it.  It's outright hypocritical. What happened to Moss in the end zone was NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT HAPPENED TO AUSTIN COLLIE ON THE 31-YARD PENALTY CALLED ON DARIUS BUTLER.  It was just convenient that the Colts picked Brady off so the attention was drawn away from the double standard. (note: Maroney cost the Patriots the game) (doesn't change the hypocrisy one bit)
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I have watched every Colts game since.... Hell since I can remember and they really don't play that much bump and run.  I know how Cover 2 works (we never played one down of man coverage in high school) but the Cover 2 the Colts run isn't that dependant on jamming the WR at the line. The corners are, 9 plays out of ten, lined up 5 to 10 yards off the line and the Pats use the short throw like most teams run.  Throw it to Welker and let him do his thing, which is make the first guy miss and turn a 2 yard pass into 10 yards. By the time he catches the ball, the Colts DB is usually 3 yards away and you can't call PI after the ball is caught.  You see this play (not always to Welker) at least 15 to 20 times a game when you play the Pats.

I'm not trying to make excuses, there is a large difference in the number of penalties called, but I refuse to believe that ANY team in the NFL has the Refs in their pockets.  That's what I'm getting at.  Those asinine statements that most Pats fans that post here seme to truly believe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : I asked you to define rule violation, not cheating.  They are 2 separate entities, have separate meanings and are not to be used as synonyms. Like I said, the Pats were fined for a rule violation.  Taping from the wrong part of the field is a rule violation.  They were not fined for cheating. The cheating part is a tag assigned by people who either don't or don't want to understand.  Titans, B. Adams was just fined $250000.00 for flipping off the fans. Rule violation!  Not cheating!  Now you get it?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Dude, a rule violation is ,by its very nature, cheating.  The Pats knowingly broke the rules.  That is cheating, plain and simple.  The NFL isn't going to fine a team for "Cheating", they are going to call it a "rule violation" that way they don't make it seem like they are brow beating the Pats (a team that before that was the NFL's model franchise).  Did SpyGate really help the Pats?  Probably not.  Were other teams doing it?  Maybe... Hell probably, but the Pats are the ones that got caught.  Was it "CHEATING"?  Yes it was because it was the definition of cheating.  You can try to spin it any way you want to by placing the "Rule Violation" tag on it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : I have watched every Colts game since.... Hell since I can remember and they really don't play that much bump and run.  I know how Cover 2 works (we never played one down of man coverage in high school) but the Cover 2 the Colts run isn't that dependant on jamming the WR at the line. The corners are, 9 plays out of ten, lined up 5 to 10 yards off the line and the Pats use the short throw like most teams run.  Throw it to Welker and let him do his thing, which is make the first guy miss and turn a 2 yard pass into 10 yards. By the time he catches the ball, the Colts DB is usually 3 yards away and you can't call PI after the ball is caught.  You see this play (not always to Welker) at least 15 to 20 times a game when you play the Pats. I'm not trying to make excuses, there is a large difference in the number of penalties called, but I refuse to believe that ANY team in the NFL has the Refs in their pockets.  That's what I'm getting at.  Those asinine statements that most Pats fans that post here seme to truly believe.

You still haven't addressed the hypocrisy of the call on Darius Butler against Austin Collie as opposed to any other contact made.

Nor do you deny that the Colts corners avoid downfield contact altogether (which they don't).  Watch these three plays:
    -The Brady interception.  Moss was contacted by the corner as Bethea made the interception.  No call was made.  Yes, there was contact.  No, I'm not saying it should have been called, but I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.
    -Edelman's catch on 2nd down with just under 2 minutes remaining in the first half.  Edelman is BEAR HUGGED at the line of scrimmage as he tries to run a quick out from the right flank of the line.  No call was made.  Yes, he was held, and severely.
    -Then watch the pass interference penalty on Darius Butler and TRY to tell me that the contact that Butler made was any worse than either of the two previous non-calls.

It's refereeing hypocrisy.  Why call three similar plays so differently?

Would the Colts have scored eventually on the suddenly hapless Patriots' defense?  Probably.  Would it have taken more time off of the clock in a game decided in the final 2:30?  Definitely.  A longer drive alters the outcome of the game.

Yes, I'm objective.  Dallas Clark was also held at the line of scrimmage, which only makes the pass interference calls EVEN WORSE.  Why start calling downfield contact OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE after calling the entire game while allowing contact?

The egregious wrongfulness of the call on Darius Butler drives me nuts regardless of who's playing football.  The call was just plain wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : REF: (clicking his mic) "On the last play, 15 yard penalty on Pats Fans for Excessive Whining"
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

JintsFan-I refuse to believe your intellectually weak and base attempts at sarcasm veiled within your super tough-guy attitude portrayed time and time again in ALL your posts on another team's messageboard, Is the work of a True Fan of a New York Team...usually New York Teams, Players and especially Fans NEVER show these traits, coming off as world-renowned class-acts of the sporting world... 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I love it, keep the excuses coming p.u.s.s.i.e.s. Only CHEATRIOT fans have the nerve to complain about cheating. You TAPED the Rams walkthru before the superbowl. Actually taped it. LOL, You lameass*s got away with murder in that liberal sesspool for years. Bellicheat gets fined 500 grand, for cheating, and you want to talk about the refs. That's why everyone hates you and your team. Cindy Brady's fumble against the Raiders, holding and mugging our receivers for years. You don't hear us crying, I could be entertained all night reading your excuses. I wish you would come to town more often. I had tickets to watch the Pacers smoke the Celtics, and then got to to watch the chokeriots give up 21 points in the fourth quarter. Funny how none of you idiots bring up the fact that Manning torched your defense in the fourth quarter. All I need is a knob polish from your women, and the weekend would have been complete. On second thought, don't all you guys polish each other's knobs in your gay sanctuary up there.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

another big-mouthed hick all puffed up with self-righteous anger. Probably 5'4", 300 lbs, grade school dropout, never been laid, sitting in his mother's basement pounding away on the keyboard and himself. 

Take a breath, boy. Here's a candid shot of your beloved jughead to take your mind off the sheep;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : So doctoring the ball in baseball, is that cheating or a rules violation??  You are splitting hairs.  From Webster's Online Dictionary : Cheating intransitive verb 1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards /> <cheat ing on a test>   VIOLATE RULES..... RULES VIOLATION????  So if you just swap the two words then they're not the same I guess? 
    I looked up car in the dictionary and it said it was an automobile.  So I guess all automobiles are cars.  There's no trucks or trains or vans.....If it can be defined as an automobile than it is a car.   I'll bet if you look up cardinal it would say it is a bird.  All birds are not cardinals.  See where I'm going with this, cheating is a type of rules violation, but not all rules violations are cheating.  Ofcourse the difference is really opinion, so why  split hairs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]
    Wow, one Lombardi.  Last I counted the Pat's own three.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : I looked up car in the dictionary and it said it was an automobile.  So I guess all automobiles are cars.  There's no trucks or trains or vans.....If it can be defined as an automobile than it is a car.   I'll bet if you look up cardinal it would say it is a bird.  All birds are not cardinals.  See where I'm going with this, cheating is a type of rules violation, but not all rules violations are cheating.  Ofcourse the difference is really opinion, so why  split hairs.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Holy crap... You guys are really going down with the ship on this one aren't you.... Just listen to this, really sit back and listen..... "We didn't cheat, we just violated the rules."  "It's not cheating, it's just knowingly breaking the rules to gain an unfair advantage.  That's not cheating."......... Really, Really.  Are you gonna sit here and argue with me on what is cheating and what isn't.  You're like the guy who's wife has caught him cheating and he's trying to argue with her on the definition of infadelity. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

the whole "cheating" thing is nothing more than a built-in excuse for the fans of teams that ever lost to the pats...but really, who cares what a bunch of dumb hicks from indiana think anyway? its a bush league city, so naturally their trolls are expected to be just as amateurish as their second rate hometown is...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Unstablederek. Show Unstablederek's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : [QUOTE]the colts are a sscumbag organization full of sscumbag fans, they constantly try to cheat against the pats. For years they have called dummy PI penalties. I can't believe we had no PI penalties called for the pats receivers.  Posted by crono420[/QUOTE Last time I checked on one of these two teams had been penalized by the NFL for cheating???  Stop all that noise about the Colts cheating, Polian paying the Refs and any other dumb crap you can come up with.  Polian doesn't have enought money to make those refs risk going to jail like that NBA ref.  That's the stupidest statement I've ever heard.

please just cause Goodel loves the colts and never penalizes them for cheat like pumping crowd noise, doesnt mean they dont cheat...the NFL just doesnt care, goodel has personal thing against Pats thats why pats were fined

Sections
Shortcuts