8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]Does everyone forget Polian basically runs the "competition committee". It should be renamed the "Keeping the Colts Competitive Committee". Polian is at the root of every recent change to benefit receivers and protect QBS. Every. Single. One. He is quoted as saying "We're at about 42 points per game now...we don't want to see it that low." LOW! 24-17 isn't a good game! Does every game need to be 35-24? Why even have defenses? The NFL ought to decide records based on the QBs performance in the annual QB Challenge! Or maybe it should be changed to a 7 on 7 format like in practices. Or maybe flag football rules where you have 1 rusher, and 6 seconds to release the ball. I like low scoring, physical, defensive battles where TDs are truly earned and not handed out because you can't lay a damn finger on a receiver after 5 yards, but they can certainly push off, and do, or stiff-arm while the ball is in the air, stop and let a defender run into them. Pathetic. Kraft negotiated on behalf of the NFL against the refs, eh. Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, because I'm sure all the refs LOVE Kraft for that, and as a result, certainly hold no ill will towards the Pats. Yeah, because I'm sure those labor negotiations went so swimmingly. Are you that ignorant?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Oh dear God.... You might want to see if that black helicopter is following you again.  Bill Polian doesn't run the league.  As I said before, Jeff Fischer is about, by all accounts, as well a respected man in the league as there is with a lot of pull too.  He plays the Colts twice a year and each of those two games are very important to him as they are divisional games.  Why would he let Polian run rampant in the Comp. Comm.??  You know who else are on there too??  Rick Smith (GM of the Texans) another team in the AFC South. Ozzie Newsom (GM of the Ravens) and Marvin Lewis (HC of the Bengals).  Do you think that any of those guys want to give the Colts an advantage??  No way.  Not when two of them play the Colts twice and those games help decide if they make the playoffs.  Ozzie and Marvin also don't want that as they may have to play the Colts as well.  You're argument is a little thin.

Now I will concede your point about Robert Kraft.  I'm sure negotiations were a little contentious.  I was just making a point that Bill Polian is surely not the only person in the NFL who has contacts with the Refs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : Fair enough, and we are also trying to disspell the cheating myth. The easiest way I can do this is to ask you a question.  You do know that taping the other team is perfectly legal, don't you?  It was only where they were taping, that was the issue and not THAT they were taping.  If taping outright were illegal, then you would be right.  That is why your Baseball analogy doesn't fly.  It is illegal and it doesn't matter where or when you do it. But the fact is that they were doing something "perfectly Legal" from the wrong spot on the field.  That is a rule violation.  Not cheating! I have no idea why it is written this way and believe that it is an antiquated rule. Heck half the population today doesn't even know what a Polaroid is and that is mentioned in the rule.  With today's technology and cameras with 1000x zoom, it really doesn't matter where you tape from.  Does it?  Honestly. I heard on the Radio a while back that there is a town (whose name I don't remember) that it is illegal to buy tooth paste and a tooth brush together on Sundays.  You can buy one but not the other.  This taping rule makes about as much sense.  But, yup they broke it. If you ask me, those dozens of Polaroids that Peyton was studying of our defense DURING THE GAME, is more of a concern.  But it's legal...go figure!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

The only reason I brought that up was because of all the Pats fans trying to make it sound like Polian somehow pays the Refs off to make calls in the Colts favor.  Yeah I'm sure that SpyGate didn't help the Pats.  But it's a classic case of the Pot calling the Kettle black.  My question is how can you accuse someone of cheating (especially something as hideous as paying the refs) when the team you root for got caught.  SpyGate got blown out of proportion no doubt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I never thought much about a Ref favoring the Colts conspiracy until Sundays game.  Now you tell me that the Colts played 8 STRAIGHT QUATERS without a defensive penalty and I think hmmm what are the odds.  The PI and the first down penalty both were judgement calls by the refs and it did not surprise me that the Colts got the judgement.  I was even repeating a little montra in the final 2 minutes of the game.  "please let fairness and justice prevail".  I guess the montra didnt work. 

The pass interference was bunk.  The offensive player came back into the defender and the defender has a right to go for the ball when he is turned around and looking for it.  The call could have easily been offensive pass interference. One thing I can say is the Pats are not the only team that has been robbed while playing the Colts and they wont be the last.

I will look at it this way.  If these two teams meet again in the playoffs the Pats will be much more motivated than they would be had they won.  I know that I would be.  I would want to kick some butt and not stop until 4 quarters where up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : The only reason I brought that up was because of all the Pats fans trying to make it sound like Polian somehow pays the Refs off to make calls in the Colts favor.  Yeah I'm sure that SpyGate didn't help the Pats.  But it's a classic case of the Pot calling the Kettle black.  My question is how can you accuse someone of cheating (especially something as hideous as paying the refs) when the team you root for got caught.  SpyGate got blown out of proportion no doubt.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

If you call getting caught, standing in plain view with a yellow (I'm filming you) vest on for years, then I guess they did.  It's just funny that people knew they were doing this all along and it only mattered when Mangini who was doing the same exact thing to us, ran to the Commish (probably to avoid getting told on First).  But that's a different issue...just not a commonly spoke of one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty... : If you call getting caught, standing in plain view with a yellow (I'm filming you) vest on for years, then I guess they did.  It's just funny that people knew they were doing this all along and it only mattered when Mangini who was doing the same exact thing to us, ran to the Commish (probably to avoid getting told on First).  But that's a different issue...just not a commonly spoke of one.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Caught... Thrown under the bus by a not so good ex-coordinator... yeah about the same.  End result was the same.  I was just calling out hypocrisy. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

In Response to 8 straight quarters of Colts defense playing Pats and not a penalty...:
    [QUOTE]I was waiting all game for the zebras to bail out the Colts, when the 31 yard PI was called I said here goes. Not a defensive call last night, and checking my PFW issue of last years colts game, colts played penalty free. Am I the only one thinking thats a little strange???
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

This is now a offense league - a passing league. Many games are being decided by
    a pass interference call. Nobody utilizes that better than Manning. This puts the D at a big disadvantage! 

Sections
Shortcuts