$8.4 million under the cap. Your the GM, what do you do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: $8.4 million under the cap. Your the GM, what do you do?

In response to Getzo's comment:

Abraham for 2mil and then nothing else.... roll it over for next year. 

you can't Get. $5mil was already rolled over from last year. So if you pay $2mil for Abraham then the Dobson signing you will have just under $6mil left. You can't carry $5mil over since is was already carried over once so if they do what you seggust you'd be carrying over a little less than $1mil

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Some players will get realeased by other teams during camp that will make you scratch your head and ask why, some of our players will get hurt during camp and preseason, a slush fund is nice to have for moments like these.

When was the last time a player cut in camp came onto the team and make an impact? You just don't find thos types of players from other people scraps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

you can't Get. $5mil was already rolled over from last year. So if you pay $2mil for Abraham then the Dobson signing you will have just under $6mil left. You can't carry $5mil over since is was already carried over once so if they do what you seggust you'd be carrying over a little less than $1mil

I see.  I thought I read somewhere were they could... well might as well extend someone then?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Eng, this is what I was getting at.  If you use any of your carryover this year, you have no carryover next year (because your team salary would have exceeded the cap).  At least that's how I understand the rule from my reading of the CBA. I sent an email to the NFLPA communications person to see if he could definitively clarify the rule (the CBA is not fully clear on this I think).  I'm also trying to find a contact in the NFL itself to ask the same question, but the NFLPA honestly has a better contact list on their website than the league does.  My questions to the league tend never to get answered anymore.  In the past, I found the NFL more responsive, but they now seem only to answer questions about their website.  Here's what those arrogant f*%#ks say in the contact section of their website: 

NOTE: This form is for comments and questions pertaining to the NFL.com web site. 

We are unable to respond to all questions or comments relating to the National Football League.

At least the union provides a list of email addresses for questions about diffrent topics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When was the last time a player cut in camp came onto the team and make an impact? You just don't find thos types of players from other people scraps.

Off the top of my Danny Woodhead...  

There are also still going to be players sitting there waiting to get signed like Seymour, Abraham and others who will wait for injury at their respective positions to occur so they can cash in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Off the top of my Danny Woodhead...  

There are also still going to be players sitting there waiting to get signed like Seymour, Abraham and others who will wait for injury at their respective positions to occur so they can cash in.

Danny woohead got min salary. For $8.4mil you could sign 20 Woodheads. How many do you think are going to be cut and how many do you think will be cut this year?

Sections
Shortcuts