9/10 of Brady's INTs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs

In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : mark Sanchez had a 127 rating against NE i nthe playoffs. he doesn't have that rating if Brady isn't brain dead on the opening drive and we don't see an anemica second half offense. That simple. We don't fake a punt with Chung, don't allow a TD before half. It's all the same patterns. Sanchez didn't play like a guy who had a 127 rating nore The QB rating you slap on here proves the exact point that stats are not always how they appear. Anyone with a brain knows Brady is nowhere near a 100 rating right now. He's more like an 82 and has been WORSE every game since we stopped running it (Dallas). Spiking your stats at CERTAIN PORTIONS of games is IRRELEVANT  for a team game!  I am galad you think Brady is playing at a high level right now, because the only ones who believe that are people who are in love with Brady (not that there is anything wrong with that!) or are currently in a mental institution, which you very well may be. You're as dumb as a bag of rocks on this concept and clearly never played sports in your life. I come with hard data that actually reflects reality. End of story.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Statistics represent a trend over a period of time. Nothing will ever be consistently represented - things will go up and down, and there will be spikes and drops in production. That's why we have averages - to see what the general production of a given player is. You can't manipulate stats to support your argument. Stats are what they are.

I find it flippin' hilarious that (in your mind) Brady can have statistical ups and downs, but he's not living up to expectations, yet the defense can do the same thing - play very well at times, and then very poorly at times - but in your estimation, they're a strong point on this team.

Please look up the word, 'hypocrisy'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : mark Sanchez had a 127 rating against NE i nthe playoffs. he doesn't have that rating if Brady isn't brain dead on the opening drive and we don't see an anemica second half offense. That simple. We don't fake a punt with Chung, don't allow a TD before half. It's all the same patterns. Sanchez didn't play like a guy who had a 127 rating nore The QB rating you slap on here proves the exact point that stats are not always how they appear. Anyone with a brain knows Brady is nowhere near a 100 rating right now. He's more like an 82 and has been WORSE every game since we stopped running it (Dallas). Spiking your stats at CERTAIN PORTIONS of games is IRRELEVANT  for a team game!  I am galad you think Brady is playing at a high level right now, because the only ones who believe that are people who are in love with Brady (not that there is anything wrong with that!) or are currently in a mental institution, which you very well may be. You're as dumb as a bag of rocks on this concept and clearly never played sports in your life. I come with hard data that actually reflects reality. End of story.

I see your constant idiotic mantra about pink hats, trolls and "people never played" is to reinforce some misbegotten delusion you have that you know more than the rest of us  because you played high school ball or something. Pathetic.

Hell, I played in softball leagues until I was 48. I could blow smoke and tell you I played college football or was a high scholl coach or whatever. It's stupid, like you, and brings nothing to the discussion.

The fact is Brady has a 101 passer rating against the Steelers. You are exposed for the millionth time. Your big problem is you don't appreciate the level he has played to as you make every excuse in the book for both a mediocre running game/O-line and an even worse D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Yada yada yada. And probably 9 out of 10 of them were either tips or the receiver running the wrong route. He's virtually tied as the second rated passer dicweed. Wake up. Your constant attacks on the greatest player in Patriots' history are tired and dumb.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Sorry...but tipped balls at the line of scrimmage are at least partially the QBs' fault.

The problem that Brady is having is that he's getting "squeezed". In other words, the "windows" he has to throw through are shrinking. This is due to the inability of his WRs to get separation...and due to the "Brady blueprint" coverage scheme that he's been facing of late. Teams are taking away the short passes that he's so good at.

Tom needs a deep threat. He also needs to be given more time to throw by his vastly overrated OL.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to 9/10 of Brady's INTs:
    [QUOTE]Have come with teams only rushing 4. Very telling stat that shows us even when Brady has protection, he still has thrown INTs and that teams load up to cover and wait out the coverage (man, usually). Blitzing Brady? Won't work. Playing zone? Won't work. This is on Brady. It's all on Brady.  If he's the main guy gameplanning, adjusting at the line, choosing between O'Brien's suggestions as play calls, etc, only Brady can change this. If you see man, don't like the match up, run the ball.
    I've seen teams get pressure rushing 4. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yada yada yada. And probably 9 out of 10 of them were either tips or the receiver running the wrong route. He's virtually tied as the second rated passer dicweed. Wake up. Your constant attacks on the greatest player in Patriots' history are tired and dumb.
    So if you use unproven wrong route/bad route as an excuse, does that mean colts fans do not have to blame manning for his SB pick 6?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In our last 3 games Brady has thrown 125 atts against 37 running atts by BJGE or Ridley. I think it is 54 running atts by BJGE,Ridley,Faulk and Woody. Could it be that defense's continue to drop 7-8 into coverage and we continue to throw the ball to 4-5 receiving option? Lets run the football and perhaps a defense will have to play "Honest"?????? BTW we are 1-2 almost 0-3 our last 3 games. I am not blaming Brady quite as much as a poorly planned game by our offense and, our poor offensive philosophy in general. Run the football and the passing game becomes easier. True or False?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Just saying lets run the ball doesn't mean you will be successful.  I think balance is good too but I think part of the problem is there unsuccessful in the runs on first down, making it 2nd and 3rd and long, and making it easier to predict what they do.

Also look at the OL and types of guys they are drafting.  There not drafting 350 pound running blocking  behemoths at OL.  They draft smaller (in a relative sense) quicker OL that are best at pass blocking not run blocking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]You dopes pretending Brady is infallible is scary and embarrrassing for all educated football fans and long time Pats fans. This is his WORST stretch of football of his career.

Is performing in the clutch worth anything? 

Questions

how many points should the defense be allowed to give up in a game? 

How many points should an offense be expected to score in a game? 

If the offense performs on the final two possessions well enough to give the team a lead and the defense fails on the final two possessions enough to lose the lead, who's fault is the loss?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : Do you think Brady has power to veto over O'Brien?

Does O'Brien have the power to veto BB??  I think we all know who is game-planning these games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : Absolutely!!! It's almost an arrogance or he's bored so he wants the throws to be hard. It's an addiction! I am telling you. He didn;t look too thrilled after the run based Oakland and Jets games!  Is it because BB slapped him in the Oakland game, going from the shotgun spread to the run game? Is it? Moss was dealt away last year for this same reason! The small window concept is the same reason why Mark Sanchez SUCKS in the red zone and needs to lob balls 30 yards towards the end zone for a PI call to try to score. It's harder to throw in the red zone, just like it is when teams sit back with 7 in coverage in man and only play pass D bracketing Gronk nd Welker over and over! Wake up, dummies (Not you, TPat). Where is Wozzy?!! Help! Too many dummies in and out of a factual thread!

I don't know how Mark Sanchez having redzone problems has anything to do with what's happening to Brady and the Pats. But, since you mentioned it, of late, Sanchez has made great use of 6'5" WR Plaxico Burress in the redzone. In The Jets' win over the Chargers, Burress caught three (3) redzone TD passes: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311023020 

The following is the problem with the Patriots' offense, in a nutshell:

"Everyone loves to discuss “blueprints” for slowing down the great teams, and while those discussions are often over exaggerated, Patriots’ opponents are clearly building on each other’s past successes.  The Patriots’ passing game has struggled in recent weeks and the common theme is press coverage and a crowded middle of the field.  Teams are daring Brady’s outside WRs to make plays and they have not been up to the challenge.  Wide receivers Deion Branch (-1.0 Pass) and Chad Ochocinco (-0.1) combined to catch two of nine balls thrown their way, and Brady was 2 for 8 for 36 yards on balls thrown outside the numbers beyond 10 yards. Branch generally excels against zone coverage and he has had a difficult time gaining separation from the tight man coverage, while Brady and Ochocinco look like they’re speaking completely different languages. Ochocinco runs the out route and Brady throws the corner. Brady throws the deep out, and Ochocinco makes his break too late.  Ochocinco finally gets separation on the deep post, and Brady throws late and into coverage. It’s not as if New England’s passing game cannot move the ball, but as teams take away their staple plays, they need someone on the outside who can beat one on one coverage." (From ProFootballFocus.com).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs :      Sorry...but tipped balls at the line of scrimmage are at least partially the QBs' fault.      The problem that Brady is having is that he's getting "squeezed". In other words, the "windows" he has to throw through are shrinking. This is due to the inability of his WRs to get separation...and due to the "Brady blueprint" coverage scheme that he's been facing of late. Teams are taking away the short passes that he's so good at.      Tom needs a deep threat. He also needs to be given more time to throw by his vastly overrated OL.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Sure, if it is taking too long for receivers to get open the push eventually gets in his face. The lack of a deep threat is hamstringing the O. They have no fear of a deep ball so the shrunken field is easier to defend and people  don't separate. We are basically running a red zone O the whole game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Brady has been nothing more than average since the injury. He is not amongst the greatest QBs ever. I never saw it before but you-all seem to think 3 superbowl victories by a total of nine points is "great". More like lucky, nothing more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : How is it hypocritical when the whole premise goes back to SB 42 or even before that?  Are you this daft? Do I need to make a list of these examples since 2005 or 2006, tracing back this problem so I can  cut and paste it into why Bruschi struggling for air on the sidelines in the RCA dome while Eric Alexander tries to cover Dallas Clark? Do I really need to do that?? Still? D you realize, we almost lost the 2007 AFC Title game when our D dodged LT and Philip Rivers (bad ACL)? We only scored a TD late because we finally ran it in the 4th, and even Laura Maroney RAN ALL OVER THEIR D. Brady threw 2 INTs in that game. Imagine if they had a healthy Rivers and LT? Do we win that game and even go to that SB?  Maybe not! Every time dopey types like you try to spin away from the crux/root of this issue, you get exposed with another example, and you know why? There's so many to choose from!  LMAO This is a FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM. Our D is VASTLY improved in 3 major areas for the first time in 2 years, if not 3 when everyone's favorite defensive heroes like Seymour, Vrabel and Bruschi were bumbling around looking old and not getting to JT O'Sullivan on 3rd downs, over and over. That was 2008. I am assuming if Brady was there in 2008, and not Cassel, we run less, and Brady throws an INT or two and we lose to JT O'Sullivan and the 49ers. I expect more out of my all world QB. Yes. Shoot me. The guy makes 20 million bucks and is still making the same mistakes he made in 2009 and he has LOADED personel all around him! And Welker is 100%? And we add All Pro Brian Waters?   The majority of the cash invested is on OFFENSE. That's hypocritical? Get a new dictionary! Our D isn't lazy trying to get better, Brady is. CASE CLOSED Until Brady reads all his progressions and stops throwing 40 times thinking it's all about him, this is the premise becasue it's FLAT OUT TRUE.

So your argument is that the Brady and the offense has had a consistent flaw over the past 3+ years? I'd disagree with that, but let's assume that's true for the purpose of argument.

Your main issue is playcalling? Or is it Brady? I don't understand you. If your issue is with Brady - you can't blame the playcalling, you have to blame Brady for underperforming. But if your issue is with the playcalling, you can't get on Brady as well. He doesn't call the plays, he just tries his best to execute them.

But the defense has been consistently bad for 3+ years as well. I don't understand how you can ignore that, yet accuse the offense of underperforming. Both units have been subpar at times. 

The issue with this team isn't the offense, it isn't Brady, nor is it the defense. This team simply isn't performing well enough all-around to beat elite teams. I think the main issue is execution, and not some large, looming fundamental flaw as you seem to think. But regardless, you have to place blame everywhere - not just on Brady/playcalling/the offense. It's a collective effort. Or as you'd like to say - "a team sport".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The point is not that Brady sux - of course he doesn't.  The point, as I see it, is that, as a minimum, Brady throwing picks has contributed significantly to 2 of the teams 3 losses.  I don't see it as Brady being attacked here; I see it as Brady needs to fix some things.  Is that really so hard to accept?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Brady led a charmed life early in his career with his defense to help him.  Twice, in 06 & 07 Brady threw 3 picks in the playoffs and the pats still won. 

He no longer has that luxury. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : Sure, if it is taking too long for receivers to get open the push eventually gets in his face. The lack of a deep threat is hamstringing the O. They have no fear of a deep ball so the shrunken field is easier to defend and people  don't separate. We are basically running a red zone O the whole game.

True. It's also hurting the running game...since the opposing DBs are cheating closer to the line of scrimmage.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : So if you use unproven wrong route/bad route as an excuse, does that mean colts fans do not have to blame manning for his SB pick 6?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

We aren't discussing Manning here, one track mind.

But, who knows? Did somebody run the wrong route for that pick six? The buck stops at Brady. He has 10 INTs. The question is how he is playing. He has a lot of tipped balls that have fallen the wrong way.  It's just not terrible throws he's making.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I wonder when the lightbulb will go on in Rusty's head that with the rare exception, every game he mentions brady having a "tough" time it is against a team with a top 5 defense.  Who would have guessed it would be harder to score against a good defense...what a newsflash.  That's what good defenses do, they make it hard on the other teams offense.  The stretch of games they are going thru --- Jets, Dallas, Pitts, Giants, then Jets again.  Gee can't imagine why Brady would be having a tougher time....Good defense beats Good Offense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

He's made very bad decisions...probably out of desperation, at points, during games....and there is evidence he's hurt his right elbow/arm in some manner....that would explain a lot of his inaccuracy of late.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/10 of Brady's INTs : Sure, if it is taking too long for receivers to get open the push eventually gets in his face. The lack of a deep threat is hamstringing the O. They have no fear of a deep ball so the shrunken field is easier to defend and people  don't separate. We are basically running a red zone O the whole game.

tipped balls are entirely the QB's fault.  Brady historically has had the luxury of being allowed to have long pass plays develop while he sits back in the pocket scans the field and finds the perfect guy.  The oline deserves a ton of credit for that. 

If Brady is getting pressured more, then he has to be aware of that and call more timing/quick routes to keep the rush at bay.  Regardless of the deep threat  (I am sure some of the receivers have enough speed to get a step on a defender with a good route), sometimes Brady needs to air it out just to remind the defense that it can happen. 

Manning has always done it, and at times it frustrated me until I understood that even with an incomplete pass, there was a method to the madness. 

Sections
Shortcuts