9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets)

In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets):
    [QUOTE]For all those calling for Merriweather's release, you've got it, but be careful what you wish for.  He's way better than anyone the Pats have to replace him and I don't think Ed Reed is walking through the door.
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

Dude, are you sure he's way better than anyone the Pats will replace him with? Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets):
    [QUOTE]Meriweather could end up in Miami or with the JETS
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

One of the strenghths for the Jets is safety. I'd take their current guys over Meriweather and I'm sure Rex will agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets) : One of the strenghths for the Jets is safety. I'd take their current guys over Meriweather and I'm sure Rex will agree.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Agreed, no way they pick up a scrub like Mary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

moore was a tough cut, he made some plays in his limited action.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Brandon Tate. Cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Look for Slater to carry over his strong camp as a receiver as well. I see a good year for that kid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Tate cut - reported on NFL Network

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Meriweather could end up in Miami or with the JETS
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

Or the UFL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Tate. Cut.

No surprise we watched him digress for the past year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Look for Slater to carry over his strong camp as a receiver as well. I see a good year for that kid.
    Good to see Slater pick up his game. He was not talked about much here except as an exceptional special teamer. It made the Tate release much more easy for Belichick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Look for Slater to carry over his strong camp as a receiver as well. I see a good year for that kid.

BB recognizes hard work and good character. Hope he has a breakout year at WR. he looked good on the play that he and Brady hooked up on the other night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Any news yet on Butler?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]No surprise we watched him digress for the past year.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    What's up with these players? First Maroney, then Meriweather and Butler. These guys just didn't get it.

Butler still has hope but just think where the Pats would be if these guys had improved rather than regressed!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE] I thought Belichick was going to cut Merriweather after his offseason gun related charge. That was the 2nd time he was involved in a gun related incident. I think BB was hoping that the incident would die down and he could pull off a trade for him. Merriweather was not considered a hard worker and didn't have the mental aspect down. I always thought it was a joke that some tried to compare him to ED Reid. This move leaves us thin at safety, but I'm happy with it. Wonder how much cap room this frees up?
    Posted by dfitzp[/QUOTE]

We won't know why, but I tend to think this has less to do with his performance on the field and more to do with other possible factors.  For all we know he's got a bad attitude, thinks he's great and doesn't need to learn anything, and so on.  Bruschi seemed to allude to the latter right after he retired and took the job at ESPN.  I'm sure his off-the-field issues didn't help.  Although he was cleared in the latest matter, I subscribe to the belief that ordinary people with their head on straight rarely get into those situations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets) : I think you mean "regress".  Digress means to change subjects.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes. But digress can mean to wander from one's path or main direction.Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets) : Dude, are you sure he's way better than anyone the Pats will replace him with? Really?

Yes, I believe he's better than Brown, Barrett, the Jets reject or anyone else who gets cut by another team.  Most teams don't have any safeties who can play, let alone be able to cut players of Merriweather's caliber.  Ed Reed isn't walking through the door.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets) : Yes, I believe he's better than Brown, Barrett, the Jets reject or anyone else who gets cut by another team.  Most teams don't have any safeties who can play, let alone be able to cut players of Merriweather's caliber.  Ed Reed isn't walking through the door.
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Mary try to tackle? Come on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/3 Releases, PUP's, or IR's (Patriots and possible Patriot targets) : Have you seen Mary try to tackle? Come on.

I didn't think he was bad enough to cut, but I have to agree there.  All of his hard hits came against stationary receivers waiting for the ball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Like Maroney, Merriweather just didn't get it.

Physicanl tools, but no FBI.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff Howe 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

shalise manza young 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

40 mins left!

shalise manza young 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]shalisemyoung   shalise manza young   to echo what  @ GregABedard  just tweeted, have heard Darius Butler is very much on trade block
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Now that's good news!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]shalisemyoung   shalise manza young   to echo what  @ GregABedard  just tweeted, have heard Darius Butler is very much on trade block
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

If a team trades for Butler yet we got nothing for Merriweather.......well, let's just say I will question the world as I know it.