940 Yards 7 T TD's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

940 Yards 7 T TD's

Can Tom Brady have a better year than last year. It he came out the gate 2 games in a row and now has 940 Yards and 7 TDs and one cheap deflected INT.
    His game is getting better and better every year. Has any QB improved as steady as Tom Brady. Last year was amazing 2007 was incredible could this year be even better with back to back MVP's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's

projects to 7520 yards 56 TDS 8 Ints

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's:
    projects to 7520 yards 56 TDS 8 Ints
    Posted by McFEETers

I can live with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would say thus far he is the MVP. The defense has looked shaky, to be kind. The reason NE is 2-0 is Tom Brady being almost perfect. 

I just hope the "D" can come together when the games get tough. You can't rely on him to be perfect every time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

No doubt, it's a monster offense. Is there any ball Hernandez can't catch ? What a Freak !

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Indeed, Hernendez is looking like Larry Fitzgerald out there. I think Tom is playing his best football ever, it is obvious just looking at the guy that he wants that Lombardi more then ever and too bad for anyone that gets in his way. At this rate he will challenge his 2007 numbers while having a more diverse offense that should....I repealt "should" be able to win a Super Bowl. I also think the defense will be key to that, they gave up a lot of yards but came up big when it mattered most.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would say thus far he is the MVP. The defense has looked shaky, to be kind. The reason NE is 2-0 is Tom Brady being almost perfect.  I just hope the "D" can come together when the games get tough. You can't rely on him to be perfect every time. 
    Posted by zbellino

I think a lot of people are losing sight of the fact that if Tom hadn't played lights out the past two weeks..we lose these games. People take this guy for granted and don't realize that he's a once in a lifetime talent, that makes up for a lot of deficiencies. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : I think a lot of people are losing sight of the fact that if Tom hadn't played lights out the past two weeks..we lose these games. People take this guy for granted and don't realize that he's a once in a lifetime talent, that makes up for a lot of deficiencies. 
    Posted by mthurl

I haven't. He's been perfect. NE needed every single point he put up today. Gotta love an offense that's dropping 36.5 ppg against two of last season's top five defenses. The passing game is unstoppable.

The question comes when the weather gets cold and wet in January, because you aren't going to run for 35 points....and passing gets more difficult then.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I hear ya King, i would like to see a solid clock eating running game after we go up 2 TD's, this pass happy approach is going to get Brady hurt. Lets get more runs mixed in with our 4 RB's. Everyone is in love with passing yards but a strong running attack makes Brady even more effective with the play action pass. Our offense is capable of 40 to 20 in TOP, imagine if our D only had to go 20 minutes.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yes, he missed Branch in the endzone....it happens to the best. Manning has missed wide open guys, Rivers has, Montana and Marino did in their time. Brady is human and screws up every once in awhile. He played well enough to overcome that.

In case you didn't notice, the guy ran two perfectly executed plays in 8 seconds to get the Pats a FG before the half. O'Brien needs to call a more balanced game and incorporate more runs, screens, draws, and play-action. I think it speaks even more to Brady's skill that he can win games like this one, even when his OC is running a very predictable gameplan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Great numbers.  I love O'Brien's hurry-up game plan.  You need a special blend of talent on the field marshalled by the right QB.  The Pats have them, so why not use them?  I love (and expected) that the Chargers faked injuries to stall the hurry-up.  That's a compliment. 

Still, ZBell is right.  This pace cannot endure into the cold weather.  And Hernandez is injured, too.  

As for the D, give it time. The talent is there.  The chemistry will come. Let's hope Ras I is OK.  Four turn-overs is nothing to sneeze at. And Mayo was an absolute stud on that goal line stand. Last year's team would never have stopped a team as good as the Chargers on 3rd and 6".  Patience.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : Sorry, but fans like you are so annoying.  One missed execution on that shotgun spread pass first offense and it's Jets playoff loss. No way they win a SB with this kind of approach. No way. The whole reason why the offense got the ball back from busted offensive plays was because of clutch defensive plays! Wake up! This isn't about stats and fantasy. Ugh.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Great analysis wonderboy. It's a good thing we have this great D to bail out that overrated O. You're always a couple of steps ahead of the rest of us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yes, he missed Branch in the endzone....it happens to the best. Manning has missed wide open guys, Rivers has, Montana and Marino did in their time. Brady is human and screws up every once in awhile. He played well enough to overcome that. In case you didn't notice, the guy ran two perfectly executed plays in 8 seconds to get the Pats a FG before the half. O'Brien needs to call a more balanced game and incorporate more runs, screens, draws, and play-action. I think it speaks even more to Brady's skill that he can win games like this one, even when his OC is running a very predictable gameplan.
    Posted by FishTaco64

He didn't miss Branch. Branch should have stopped in wide open space but kept running toward Charger Defenders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

the offensive pace endured through last winter- i dont know why it'd be any different this season

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

At least I watch the games.  If SD doesn't turn it over thanks to fantastic D play, the stalled offense with the shotgun doesn't get a chance to redeem itself. Awful, one dimensional gamecalling. Just terrible.  Stationary shot gun McDaniels spread.  We lost tot the Jets for this very same reason! Wake up. No way they can win in January or Feb by ignorning the run. It eas 29 pass and 14 runs in the 3rd qtr. Case closed.

If the D doesn't let the Chargers own the ball for huge chunks of the game and keep the O off the field and just stops them then they don't need any heroic turnovers to save the day.

We lost to the jets because a 70 passer put up a 127. We just saw Henne put up a 93 on us (he managed a 56 against the Texans) and Rivers threw a 98 today.

News flash wonderboy, you let the other guy put up a 90+ passer rating and you have not so great a chance of winning, unless Brady outduels them. But Brady probably will, if the O-line decides to show up that day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

At least I watch the games.  If SD doesn't turn it over thanks to fantastic D play, the stalled offense with the shotgun doesn't get a chance to redeem itself. Awful, one dimensional gamecalling. Just terrible.  Stationary shot gun McDaniels spread.  We lost tot the Jets for this very same reason! Wake up. No way they can win in January or Feb by ignorning the run. It eas 29 pass and 14 runs in the 3rd qtr. Case closed.

I had the feeling when we drafted 2 capable running backs BB had that in mind. I see 3 very good and one excellent runner in this offense. I think as the season progresses we will see a much more balanced attack. Ridley I think will fill the role of Kevin Faulk and he may be a better runner. BJGE is a beast starting to remind me of Dillon. we still have 2 change of pace backs. By Novemeber I see us rushing around 40% of the time. Come playoffs BB is going to have fresh young legs to play ball control.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

It makes no sense to repeatedly criticize the offensive playcalling when the patriots have the most productive offense in the league. only a crazy person would repeat over and over and over criticisms of the patriots playcalling

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It makes no sense to repeatedly criticize the offensive playcalling when the patriots have the most productive offense in the league. only a crazy person would repeat over and over and over criticisms of the patriots playcalling
    Posted by McFEETers

Obviously, you are not fully comprehending king's "context". Me either.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts