940 Yards 7 T TD's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's:
    projects to 7520 yards 56 TDS 8 Ints
    Posted by McFEETers

That's ridiculous...

no way in h e l l does he throw 8 picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : I had the feeling when we drafted 2 capable running backs BB had that in mind. I see 3 very good and one excellent runner in this offense. I think as the season progresses we will see a much more balanced attack. Ridley I think will fill the role of Kevin Faulk and he may be a better runner. BJGE is a beast starting to remind me of Dillon. we still have 2 change of pace backs. By Novemeber I see us rushing around 40% of the time. Come playoffs BB is going to have fresh young legs to play ball control.
    Posted by genaro008

Agreed.

Rookies tend to hit the 'wall' around game 10/12...so why not start the meter in week 4/5 rather than week 1? That being said, having only 2 RBs that are really being used, you can't grind them into the ground over the first half of the season, especially BJGE and Woodhead who have never been featured for a full season.

The weather's nice and it's easier to throw now. But it starts to get cold, then rainy, then windy, then snowy. They will NEED the RBs later in the year, they obviously do not need them now.

King, if they are running this kind of offense in week 8, I will be more inclined to agree with you. But for now, if it ain't broke...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : It's all yards based.   I saw a D make great, timely plays turning momentum in a close game where NE's offense stalled in the 3rd qtr. They had two nice throws to Floyd on 3rd down.  No complaints there. Sometimes all pro players make all pro plays. The second and 3rd TDs were on absolute bag job penalties. Two phantom holds no one saw, including Nantz and Simms, almost identical, a bizarre roughing on Andre Carter after a text book finish on a hit and a Sergio Brown call that still has everyone wondering how it was PI, were bogus.  Uncomfortable to watch refs make up calls to make the game more exciting. These aren't flaws in the D.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

You seriously need to relax.  The Patriots threw the ball 40 times and ran 25 today.  Not the most balanced, but really not all that unbalanced either.  If you really watch as much as you claim you know that they change their offensive plan drastically week to week.  I guarantee there will be plenty of games where those numbers are reversed and the run dominates.  It's not like Brady went out and slung it 60 times.  They stuck with what was working, and no matter how you spin it, around 430 yards on 40 attempts is working.  You'll see plenty of BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, etc. as the year wears on.  It's just two games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

To tie dan marinos single season passing yards record of 5,084 yards brady needs to average 296 yards a game the rest of the season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : That's ridiculous... no way in h e l l does he throw 8 picks.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Lol.  Agreed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

What crawled inside you and died today, King?

Singing the praises of the defense and criticizing the offense? Belichick gameplans to the opposing teams weakness, it's obvious he(/Scott O'Brien) thought SD was better exploited through the air. And given NE has the best QB in the NFL can you blame them. The defense made plays when their back was against the wall, but Brady played great and they won because of him. I am sure that if NE faces a team with a porous run defense you will see a higher number of run attempts (BJGE 15 Carries, Woody 15, others 10). Frankly, I am not going to cry about last season's playoff loss -- I am watching this season and Brady has led them to two win. Period.

I am fine with Brady leading the offense, I expect nothing less from the best QB in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : It's all yards based.   I saw a D make great, timely plays turning momentum in a close game where NE's offense stalled in the 3rd qtr. They had two nice throws to Floyd on 3rd down.  No complaints there. Sometimes all pro players make all pro plays. The second and 3rd TDs were on absolute bag job penalties. Two phantom holds no one saw, including Nantz and Simms, almost identical, a bizarre roughing on Andre Carter after a text book finish on a hit and a Sergio Brown call that still has everyone wondering how it was PI, were bogus.  Uncomfortable to watch refs make up calls to make the game more exciting. These aren't flaws in the D.

Your a joke. Complaining about the offense... They won't get through the playoffs unless the defense gels, not the offense.. In the playoffs, if the offense does struggle and put up say... 20 points... The defense still needs to show up to win. There have been many games with balanced play calling. The spread offense plays to Brady's strengths.. There running game is solid, but nobody is breaking any 50 + yarders. Its 3,4,5 yards at a time consistently. Last year the Jets took away the passing game and gave the running game to the Patriots... what happened then???? What happened to the defense winning a game for the team and coming up in the critical spots? When is the last time that truly happened? I am waiting to say, wow the defense bailed the Pats out for that win... Been awhile... 

So.. Just shut-up. Your a typical internet-coach who doesn't know sh!t. You have no clue what they look at in the film, study, gameplan for, and why they do what they do. I am sure BB would rather have you calling the plays on O though.. lol . They will ALWAYS play to their strengths, which is smart. The defense needs to improve. Especially with their consistency. Bend don't break is fine, but they bend a bit too much. If this defense was "good", the team would be unstoppable. If the offense has a bad game, they are likely to lose. Yet... you rant about the offense and play calling. Shut the hell up, your a troll. 

Oh yeah.. traditionaly passing games thrive in snow because lineman can't get traction (pass rush). Additionally, Brady threw over multiple linebackers when he overthrew Branch. Had he thrown it where Branch could catch it, that ball is probably picked off. When the playoffs come, they won't score as many points, but it won't be the reason they lose if they do.. Stop giving Pats fans a bad rep and please shut up. Complaining about the offense... for sh!ts sake.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sober up. You're talking like a crazy man. The offense ripped the SD defense to shreds. Are you actually complaining that they didn't score on EVERY possession?

You are so completely spoiled by this team's great O at this point that them being the best in the NFL in your eyes is not good enough and they are the "problem". Yet the D gives up 20+ points, gets a 98 PR thrown at them and HUGE yards but you see them as not being flawed.

There were a couple of lame calls, but that happens fairly often. If it does, you make the stop on the next series. That's what a good D does when they get a bad break. If not for a few big plays this game would have been a debacle squarely placed on the shoulders of the D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I rarely side with the Babe over the King but I'm going that route this time. The offense was outstanding, the D was opportunistic when it had to be but otherwise flawed. San Diego moved up and down the field and converted third downs at will. Not for a moment did they seem vaguely intimidated like we have in the playoffs against the Ravens and Jets D the last two years. 

Where the King is right is that we will need more run-based offense eventually (when it gets colder). But there is no reason to imagine we won't do that when the time comes. We certainly have the horses now to do it. The points generally show the results. 35 points says the offense did its job. 21 points says the defense held on just enough. Improvements needed on both sides.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You all know you would bash Manning if he put up those numbers.  I guess its only all about the logo on the laundry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

we bash womanning because he is overrated and this is a PATRIOTS board you complete tool bag, BTW how are your precious "clots" doing???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yeah I guess those 4 MVP's prove that. 

No more evidence is necessary to demonstrate how great Manning is than to look at the games he hasn't played.  

As for this being a Patriots board - what you are suggesting is that on this board you intentionally blind yourself to reality and honesty because you are a fan, is that it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

oh wow 4 reg season meaningless mvp's (most vulnerable playoffs) i will take rings over mvp's, and like i said before its a PATRIOTS BOARD, were not on the ingaystar.com board, so go cry with the other imbreed hicks who worship gomer pyle, you mite have more mvp's but brady has more rings and a better playoff record vs gomer pyle, and head to head matchups, brady 8 womanning 4, brady has him beat in the more "meaningful" stats, cheer up robbie, at least you will not have to watch playtex throw 3-4int's a game, not blind robbie, the numbers do not lie:  (gomer 9-10, 7x one and done, 1SB, 2 apperances) (brady 14-5, 2x one and done, 3SB, 4 appearances) (1st qb with walkoff SB win-meaning no timeouts left dummy, 2nd qb ever to win 3 in 4 years) (overall best winning % is tom brady)  ol gomer has more yardage and td's and int's but brady has the better winning % and the last time i checked, you play to win the game)  better get you a big box of tissue for sunday night because the steelers are going to bash the h$ll out of your sissy team (0-3 will be the clots) Someone get underputz a bucket-lots of tears will be shed this season!!!!!!!!!!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ybruno. Show ybruno's posts

In Response to Re: 940 Yards 7 T TD's : Are you daft? What about the awful passes from him? The one to Branch on 4th down that was low and the one to Welker on the screen? He missed Branch WIDE OPEN in the back of the end zone for a wide open TD, too. You Brady lovers are blind.  He can eat up big chunks drunk and high, but when it comes to a methodical gameplan,  even he isn't infallible.  It was horrendous. No way on earth this can go on and we see wins in January.  No way. RUN THE BALL!! WHy is this not being used?? Why? You enjoyed seeing his legs taken out, did ya?

i think Brady was actually throwing that ball away on that so called "missed wide open Branch"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's hard to complain about the offense when they are putting up points and basically winning the game for us. Wiht that said, I do agree with Russ, that we need to pound it more on the ground. This has been part of our downfall since 07'...lack of commitment to a run game. In game adjustment...again, the Jets game last year..The Jets committed all resources to stopping our pass, and we didn't run until it was too late. can't have that again.

I was uneasy every time the D took the field yesterday because I knew SD was going to move it at will. A commitment to the run game keeps our D fresh and off the field against powerhouse offenses. TOP changes, and that is in the Pats favor. I don't want to wait until November to start running more, it should happen now.

The D looked horrendous yesterday less those 4 turnovers of course. I didn't see any pressure on Rivers, and our decimated secondary couldn't stop the SD receivers. We took Gates out of teh game, perhaps that was the plan all along. Stop Gates, and let the SD WR's try and beat us. I think that gameplan would have worked a lot more effectively had we got consistent pressure on Rivers. But we didn't.

Anyone see Bodden benched yesterday? mysterious.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

More telling is the "work-in-progress" defense...794 yards passing given up, translates to 6,352 for the season..They are 31st against the pass. Does not bode well for a successful season even though we marvel at the offensive numbers. This defense is not a shovel ready project like we thought.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm not complaining at all about the O either. I hear your point, and am reiterating it. I think Brady is effective in both the shotgun/5 wide, and under center in these 2-3 TE formations. I'm not sure which is riskier, if depends on how you define it...as in potential injury to Brady, not completing a pass, etc. I think we have the personnel to do both, and should mix it up from time to time like we did yesterday.

I see the run like the pass in our offense. When Brady runs the hurry up and you see him dumping to Branch twice in 8 seconds, why not do a bit of the same with the run? Hand it off to BJGE for 4 yards, quickly get them back to the line, and do that 1-2 more times. Do it out of the shotgun, and under center. Keep pouning and impose our will.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Fast forward to the Jets.....Their strength is their secondary, and their weakness is they can be run on. Guess what they will want to take away?...that's right...our pass game. They want to crowd the center of the field and take away short , underneath routes...no worries...Line in with 3 TE's and smash it. Solder was brought in from time to time yesterday in 3 TE sets and looked good. Imagine if he released and caught something from time to time? WOW.

Not saying take away our lethal passing game..but if we are matched up against an opponent who's clear strength on D is their secondary and aggressive front 7, why not exploit it early to open up the pass a bit later?...this is what befuddles me from our playoff game last year....we played right into the Jets strengths on D.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Here is a complaint about the D: They had no answer for Tolbert on check downs.  He killed us. Fletcher couldn't do a thing about it.   Nor could Edds.  Maybe Guyton would have helped there, who knows.

I think Tolbert is going to get his regardless of what we do, unless we play him with 2. He's big and fast, lethal combo..heck, he's as big as some of our LB's. I don't think Guyton would have faired any better.

Sections
Shortcuts