9.5 Million - how would you spend it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: 9.5 Million - how would you spend it?

In Response to Re: 9.5 Million - how would you spend it?:
    [QUOTE]Here is a creative idea: Agree to pay the Jets to keep doing what they are doing. Enough success to thump their chests and enough failure to look rediculous. Alternative idea: Give some of it to Jr Seau's family (I know it wont count against the cap anyway) and maybe some to Ted Johnson and other past Pats who have suffered from these symptoms Realistic idea: Sign Welker. That is job 1 along with the rookies. If it takes some extra to grab Grant, that would be OK. I do not expect to be trading for a big name RB at this point. I also would like to lock up maybe the next big name on the calendar, even if it is a full year out, so that we can address the one's that follow a little more efficiently.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

i dotn care about who is next on the calendar. lockup gronk before hes worth 200 mil
    then lockup hern.

then you can approach your calendar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]A great running back can make a mediocre OLine look great and a great QB can make an ordinary receiver look great. And a great system can make everyone look better. I guess my question is: If Welker signs and Chicago offers a trade straight up Welker for Forte would you take the trade? Or Baltimore offered Rice? Or _____ offered ______? This is really just a fantasy question but every one seems to think the Pats would be better with a more balanced offense and right now we have a large selection of receivers and a fairly limited and unknown quality in the backfield.
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

ravens would not trade rice

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather spend 8 million per and resign Welker, assuming he is ok with 8 million per...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

he aint.
    he wants teh big dough
    per welfker and hsi agents comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He turned down 2yr/16M all guaranteed last season. I believe he wants minimum of three years, and not sure what the guaranteed number is but assume it is over 20M. And that is a pretty big number - not out of line with what the WR were signing this year, but not where the Pats are willing to go.
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

what i am feelingis he wants 10+ mil per year and is trying for 5 years but feels he might accept 4.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Fan-In-Oz. Show Pats-Fan-In-Oz's posts

It seems to me that pre-Welker, Brady spread the ball around more effectively. That kept the defense off guard. This is just my opinion, not based on any statistics. Maybe, just maybe, the Patriots could become more effective/less predictable if Brady didn't have Welker as his security blanket. How many open receivers did TB not see last year while he was busy threading the needle to force it to Wes for short yardage? Also, it's the throws he makes for short yardage across the middle that are more likely to get batted down by the D-linemen. I don't know, maybe he'd continue trying to force it to his new slot guy. Who knows? I'd rather see him use a beefy RB as his failsafe to dump it off to, than always going to the slot guy when there's nothing available downfield. Maybe it's just lack of time to throw before he feels the defense breathing down his neck that's changed in the past few seasons. Maybe this year we'll actually have someone teams respect downfield, if Brady can get in sync with them, anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9.5 Million - how would you spend it? : The sick part is Brando actually lived like that. He purchased an island years ago and knocked up a native on there...I think he's buried there.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Not so sick, minus the midget of course... but there are tales he gave the entire Island of Tahiti gonorrhea while shooting Mutiny On The Bounty, probably urban myth. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE]It seems to me that pre-Welker, Brady spread the ball around more effectively. That kept the defense off guard. This is just my opinion, not based on any statistics. Maybe, just maybe, the Patriots could become more effective/less predictable if Brady didn't have Welker as his security blanket. How many open receivers did TB not see last year while he was busy threading the needle to force it to Wes for short yardage? Also, it's the throws he makes for short yardage across the middle that are more likely to get batted down by the D-linemen. I don't know, maybe he'd continue trying to force it to his new slot guy. Who knows? I'd rather see him use a beefy RB as his failsafe to dump it off to, than always going to the slot guy when there's nothing available downfield. Maybe it's just lack of time to throw before he feels the defense breathing down his neck that's changed in the past few seasons. Maybe this year we'll actually have someone teams respect downfield, if Brady can get in sync with them, anyway.
    Posted by Pats-Fan-In-Oz[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of this was the quality of the other WRs he has had the last few years. I like Branch a lot, but he has lost a few steps and while he is always in the right place he is not open as often. And the #3 wide out has been pretty much non-existent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

[QUOTE]The offense looks just fine.  I count Hernandez among the running backs these days because he lines up there, he makes all sorts of people miss when he runs around the end, and he sure catches passes in the flats.  The Patriots sign someone because the amount of money they pay that guy should be proportionally less (or equal to, at least) than the number of wins that he delivers.  Wes Welker at $9 million for one year is such a bargain.  Welker as a free agent again isn't a bargain, because he can go anywhere and sign for twice as much, assuming that he's healthy at the end of the season. The Patriot front office is hoping that Welker doesn't gamble with his health.  If so, he signs a whopper deal here before training camp starts.  Welker's other choice is to survive this year with a little luck, then sign a triple whopper with double bacon and supersize the drink and the fries next winter with, say, the Dolphins. One of Welker's options, the Mankins option, is to forego almost all of the $9.5 million salary this year and only show up in week 9.  Mankins punted his year's salary, which was something like $27 dollars total, and kept himself healthy for a whopper deal the next spring.  There's a difference between punting $9 million and $27 to keep yourself healthy.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Why would you consider Hernandez a RB, he played a few snaps and the Denver game at the position, that does not make him worthy of being considered a RB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9.5 Million - how would you spend it? : I think a lot of this was the quality of the other WRs he has had the last few years. I like Branch a lot, but he has lost a few steps and while he is always in the right place he is not open as often. And the #3 wide out has been pretty much non-existent.
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9.5 Million - how would you spend it? : Why would you consider Hernandez a RB, he played a few snaps and the Denver game at the position, that does not make him worthy of being considered a RB.
    Posted by Ayisyen[/QUOTE]

good way to get the guy killled

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

A small Island off somewhere near Figi-and retire with the wife and son!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!This ones a no brainer!

Join the CIA and go to Columbia and never pay the prostitutes.....Laughing

14. This post has been removed.