98.5 Sports Hub: "Sources say Brady EXTREMELY beat up"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

98.5 Sports Hub: "Sources say Brady EXTREMELY beat up"

After the game, Gary Tanguay said on air that they had heard from a couple of team sources that this rib injury wasn't just some annoying bruise, but that he was in extreme pain.  This could be a concern going forward, but I started this thread more as an appreciation for the toughness and leadership he showed to play through that (rib injuries are AWFUL).

I never thought it would be necessary to bring these things up, because we've seen it all for years.  However, I've run into a few clowns trashing Brady, and I think its ridiculous.  While he's been off at times, and its not the best year of his career, he's shown more fire and outward leadership than I think we've seen in a few years.  It's clear that the year off made him hungrier than ever. It's hard to understand the pain he had to get though today with these type of injuries. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: 98.5 Sports Hub: "Sources say Brady EXTREMELY beat up"

In Response to 98.5 Sports Hub: "Sources say Brady EXTREMELY beat up":
    After the game, Gary Tanguay said on air that they had heard from a couple of team sources that this rib injury wasn't just some annoying bruise, but that he was in extreme pain.  This could be a concern going forward, but I started this thread more as an appreciation for the toughness and leadership he showed to play through that (rib injuries are AWFUL). I never thought it would be necessary to bring these things up, because we've seen it all for years.  However, I've run into a few clowns trashing Brady, and I think its ridiculous.  While he's been off at times, and its not the best year of his career, he's shown more fire and outward leadership than I think we've seen in a few years.  It's clear that the year off made him hungrier than ever. It's hard to understand the pain he had to get though today with these type of injuries. 
    Posted by pyegian

Yeah, if anyone has ever had a rib injury there's is a shooting pain everytime you inhale not to mention moving or getting hit. He seems to play pretty well considering but I bet he gets a nice big shot before the game and at half time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

It's great that he's willing to play through all of this stuff - rib injury, hurt shoulder, finger injury (heard it was broken).  

I just hope he can get back to 100% in the offseason, no matter how far we go in the playoffs, so he can be his old self again next year.  We saw a glimpse of the old Tom Brady for a few weeks with 5-stright 300+ yard games, but he's just been too beat up lately. 

The toughness is awesome - more of those guys in the locker room need to take note of it and follow in his footsteps. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

To all those ready to crucify Moss maybe the fact Brady has a possible broken finger and cracked ribs had something to do with a game plan with no long balls today.  A game plan that called for Moss to play decoy all day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

In Response to Re: 98.5 Sports Hub: "Sources say Brady EXTREMELY beat up":
    To all those ready to crucify Moss maybe the fact Brady has a possible broken finger and cracked ribs had something to do with a game plan with no long balls today.  A game plan that called for Moss to play decoy all day.
    Posted by K-max

That could be but Moss didn't make TB's life easier with his play.  Decoy or not he still needs to make a better effort.  I know based on the passes thrown that Brady's condition was affecting his ability to throw longer passes.  He seemed to loosen up as the game progressed.  

All NFL players get beat up as the season progresses.  Brady's a gamer and he's setting the example for the impressionable youth on this team.  I hope Brady can work through the aches and pains through the rest of the season.  I don't think we're quite ready for Hoyer yet. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Posted by K-max

this is a good point kmax.  i thought the same thing leading up to the game this week... i thought 'lots of running and a lot of dink-and-dump with welker.'

i hope we can clinch a playoff spot and rest brady in week 17.  thats the only way i see him getting healthy for the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The toughness is awesome - more of those guys in the locker room need to take note of it and follow in his footsteps. 
    Posted by jasonh86

+1

Hopefully, he'll be good for both terms- long and short.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Once again, Once all these injuries set in the body and the mind it can play nasty tricks. This is why Brady should have been packaged and traded. Oh what a team we could have had!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Once again, Once all these injuries set in the body and the mind it can play nasty tricks. This is why Brady should have been packaged and traded. Oh what a team we could have had!!
    Posted by Wendylee03

huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

Posted by Wendylee03

shut up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

hoyer was ready to come in near the end of the 2nd qtr.he had his helmet on going over the playbook with one of the coaches.brady was listed as questionable this past week.ive never seen brady listed as questionable.the o-line also is horrible,for brady needs more time to look the feild and get a good pass off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

you should worry about sissy sanchez,and eli.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from leleon---. Show leleon---'s posts

Sanchez will be fine-I never worry about anything that I have no control over.You guys should learn that.You would all be a lot more productive at your jobs!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Posted by Wendylee03

Nice try but everyone knows who you are bug.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Moss-  He wasn't SUPPOSED to let the defender catch a pass he was in front of.  He also wasn't supposed to dog it, alligator arm it, and fumble it.  Whatever he was supposed to do, he did it badly all day.  And it almost cost us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leleon---. Show leleon---'s posts

Ugh!Way too much man love in here for me.I'll move on to another thread where the men are discussing football.

Hey phluff 17-you have a man crush on one Mr.Tom Brady...you queer you!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The O line is swiss cheese.  If they don't fix it the pats will be in need of a QB.

Sections
Shortcuts