A calm fan's perspective

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: A calm fan's perspective

thanks. I felt the need to get some sanity back in here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I agree with everything.  As much is it pains me to say it, Faulk has not looked like Faulk so far this year.  Dropping passes, getting wrapped up immediately after the catch usually a couple yards short of the first down marker.  That's not the Faulk I saw in the past. 

Did they even throw to Welker in the second half?  Seems they outsmarted themselves, don't change a plan that's working.

What can you say about Butler, he's just not ready to be the #2 guy right now. 

Moss is great, but like you said, he wasn't open.

Even some of the decisions.  I don't know how the routes are chosen, if the REC adjusts off coverage or just runs a planned route but when I see Hernandez run a go route against a CB I have to wonder how that happenned.  A TE will not outrun a CB any day of the week.  Run a route where the TE can use his size advantage, not his speed disadvantage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

no one wants to say good bye to faulk but he really should be the LAST option on this team. 

Butler and McCourty have been thrust into a roll they shouldnt be in right now.  Can't blame them. But man do i hate that 7.5 yard cushion. LET THEM PLAY MAN UP.  this cushion is just horrible for our defense. Last week we faced up Ocho and TO. why not this week?

im still not a fan of bill o'briens play selections. our second half offense is the WORST in the league. This NEEDs to be addressed this week. It is how we lost most of our games last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

• A couple of honest evaluations:
    • Faulk has lost a little quickness, and that's bad because it's what made him good.
    • Brady was poor today and I don't like that he spends time away from here in the off season and came back looking like a 150 pound run way model.
    • Mayo has not made a play this year and when you are a top 10 pick that is inexcusible and unfortunate.
    • We miss Seymore or someone like him.
    • We have very little at the running back spot and we did nothing to improve it in the off season.
    • Koppen is getting routinely destroyed.
    • Butler is a joke.
    • Sanders is as bad as Butler, just a disgrace. Absolutely digusting watching him play the last two weeks. Cut him tomorrow.
    • The rookies this year look very promising and most from last year have a chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to A calm fan's perspective:
    [QUOTE]1. get a life jets fans. get off PATRIOTS chat board and go celebrate away from here losers. now for real thoughts. 2. Biggest issue: terrible offensive gameplan.  I loved the first drive. it was well balanced and it was effective. until the stupid penalty and missed FG. big mistake 3. SICK catch Randy. So amazing. Wish u did that more. 4. Brady, cmon man. Moss wasn't open in the second half. I know its tempting, but it cost us today. 5. Too much faulk. Guys we love him, but be real, he is old and not eluding any tackles anymore. He is going down on any touch as if he were a QB. 6. NOT enough Welker and Edelman. This is how we killed them last year in foxboro and today we didnt make enough of an effort to get them the ball in space. Welker had a nice TD early. Lets get him going more please. or Edelman. 7. Notice I put defense at #7. This game they weren't good, but they were not at major fault for this loss. They are young and we know they will have down days. It is on the offense to be the veterans and pick them up. 8. Darius Butler, forget about it kid. it happens. Braylon is a failure who had a good day and felt the need to trash talk a 2nd year corner because that is how insure he is about his abilities now.  9. The issues in today's game look like last year's problems: bad play calling, garbage second halfs of games in general, and overall losing on the road. 10. 1-1 after playing 2 good teams. its early. we will improve. Go Patriots!
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

That was a good post..I thought the offensive play calling was terrible in the second half..no balance and no ball control..no deception..the defense is not ready t

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

this is the second week in a row where out offense vanished in the second half   bwetter game planning is a must

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A calm fan's perspective : That was a good post..I thought the offensive play calling was terrible in the second half..no balance and no ball control..no deception..the defense is not ready to carry a game or even a quarter yet..learn from the mistakes and move on.. 

I also think we were out coached and that should be added to the first posters list..just hate losing to the Jets..oh well..cant dwell on it..flush it and move on

Posted by BS10FAN[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]A couple of honest evaluations: Faulk has lost a little quickness, and that's bad because it's what made him good. Brady was poor today and I don't like that he spends time away from here in the off season and came back looking like a 150 pound run way model. Mayo has not made a play this year and when you are a top 10 pick that is inexcusible and unfortunate. We miss Seymore or someone like him. We have very little at the running back spot and we did nothing to improve it in the off season. Koppen is getting routinely destroyed. Butler is a joke. Sanders is as bad as Butler, just a disgrace. Absolutely digusting watching him play the last two weeks. Cut him tomorrow. The rookies this year look very promising and most from last year have a chance.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

1. Right on point about Faulk.
    2. Brady's offeseason really is not an issue. We all saw how fired up he was in training camp.
    3. Yes, Mayo needs to play better than this.
    4. Seymour is not the guy u think he is. He was declining fast here and if he wasn't traded, he wasn't re-signing here for sure.
    5. I felt trading Maroney was a mistake and I stand by it. We should have drafted a RB. anyone.
    6. easy on Koppen and Butler. They just had bad games.
    7. Sanders, I feel is not worth much. He shouldn't be playing nearly as much as he does.
    8. agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A calm fan's perspective : That was a good post..I thought the offensive play calling was terrible in the second half..no balance and no ball control..no deception..the defense is not ready t
    Posted by BS10FAN[/QUOTE]

it was as bad as can be with this amount of talent on the roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective : 1. Right on point about Faulk. 2. Brady's offeseason really is not an issue. We all saw how fired up he was in training camp. 3. Yes, Mayo needs to play better than this. 4. Seymour is not the guy u think he is. He was declining fast here and if he wasn't traded, he wasn't re-signing here for sure. 5. I felt trading Maroney was a mistake and I stand by it. We should have drafted a RB. anyone. 6. easy on Koppen and Butler. They just had bad games. 7. Sanders, I feel is not worth much. He shouldn't be playing nearly as much as he does. 8. agree.

I agree Seymore was not the guy he was years ago and hasn't made much of a difference in Oakland, but we need more on the dline, much more. The Jets have a bunch of guys I never heard of and they don't get pushed back. Wilfork is playing way too much and is going to get injured.

As for Koppen, this I don't think is a one time thing with him. He's no spring chicken, keep an eye on him, he gets pushed back very badly.
    Hope Butler can turn this around, he's got the talent...but.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

My question is was Welker hurt in the 2nd half. 1st half was all short stuff across the middle and to the sidelines. 2nd half all deep stuff, trying to force the ball to Moss. The way to beat the Jets is to take what they give you. As for the loss, it's only game to, a tough road game, against a team that needed it more(2 home losses in the first 2 games). Still have 14 more games, so it's to early to bash.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Yes we need more on the d line for sure. they got pushed back too easily.

admittedly i dont pay much attention to koppen, but maybe i will next game. i assume he is usually doing a good job. 

I have faith in Butler, but he needs help. Who can succeed with:

1. Sanders as your help over the top
    2. ninkovich, g warren, and brace rushing the passer
    3. BS PI calls

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]My question is was Welker hurt in the 2nd half. 1st half was all short stuff across the middle and to the sidelines. 2nd half all deep stuff, trying to force the ball to Moss. The way to beat the Jets is to take what they give you. As for the loss, it's only game to, a tough road game, against a team that needed it more(2 home losses in the first 2 games). Still have 14 more games, so it's to early to bash.
    Posted by ncpatriotfan[/QUOTE]

Way too many deep throws!  Where were the short passes to Welker?  The slant routes? Passes to Julian letting him make things happen?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]My question is was Welker hurt in the 2nd half. 1st half was all short stuff across the middle and to the sidelines. 2nd half all deep stuff, trying to force the ball to Moss. The way to beat the Jets is to take what they give you. As for the loss, it's only game to, a tough road game, against a team that needed it more(2 home losses in the first 2 games). Still have 14 more games, so it's to early to bash.
    Posted by ncpatriotfan[/QUOTE]

Yes it is only 1 loss to a team that needed to win at HOME to avoid a disaster. At the same time, this was a mirror image of last year's losses. This is what upsets me the most.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective : Way too many deep throws!  Where were the short passes to Welker?  The slant routes? Passes to Julian letting him make things happen?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I don't understand it at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective : Bingo. I don't understand it at all.
    True, far to simple on the plays.  All those weapons and they just ignored them.  I didn't expect the offense to play that way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective : True, far to simple on the plays.  All those weapons and they just ignored them.  I didn't expect the offense to play that way.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Not at all. Most of all, I feel robbed of watching a trully fantastic offense operate. We have so many weapons and we played with blinders on.

U know this hurts to say this. It really does. I don't want to say it, but.......maybe we are better without our homie Randy Moss. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AGAINST HIM. I think he is great.  So why do i feel this way? the reliance of our playcalling on him. I think Brady forced to him far too much today and should have stuck with fair distribution.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective : Not at all. Most of all, I feel robbed of watching a trully fantastic offense operate. We have so many weapons and we played with blinders on. U know this hurts to say this. It really does. I don't want to say it, but.......maybe we are better without our homie Randy Moss. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AGAINST HIM. I think he is great.  So why do i feel this way? the reliance of our playcalling on him. I think Brady forced to him far too much today and should have stuck with fair distribution.
    I see your point, but just because Moss is on the field doesn't mean Brady has to pass to him.  They should have let the Jets chase him deep all day and go with the other guys.  It's what they did ther first 2 drives and the game last year.  But yeah, if they can't avoid the temptation to throw to him when he's covered than they are probably better off without him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A calm fan's perspective : I see your point, but just because Moss is on the field doesn't mean Brady has to pass to him.  They should have let the Jets chase him deep all day and go with the other guys.  It's what they did ther first 2 drives and the game last year.  But yeah, if they can't avoid the temptation to throw to him when he's covered than they are probably better off without him. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

that is my point. he should have been a decoy today for the most part and it felt like he was the only option in the first half. we could have Andre Johnson and it would have made no difference. Reliance on one receiver is not how you win.  This is not Randy's fault at all. Its on Brady and the playcalling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

btown....   I think more than anything else, the success of the Patriots from the 2001 - 2004 years followed by the close call in 2006 then the undefeated regular season in 2007 have fans blinded by an expectation the Patriots can be the same all the time!  They do not see a league of others teams that improve and think the Patriots can keep up at will.  The bar they have set in their minds for the Pats is such it takes VERY little for them to be disappointed and see the world crashing around them!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]btown....   I think more than anything else, the success of the Patriots from the 2001 - 2004 years followed by the close call in 2006 then the undefeated regular season in 2007 have fans blinded by an expectation the Patriots can be the same all the time!  They do not see a league of others teams that improve and think the Patriots can keep up at will.  The bar they have set in their minds for the Pats is such it takes VERY little for them to be disappointed and see the world crashing around them!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    True

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

shenanigan...  it is not to say I do not get disappointed when the Pats lose, but, I am grounded enough that for me it is a game and I root for my team to win.  A loss is a loss, I'll get over it, as fast as I get over saying "great!" when they win.  Seems many can't get past these simple thoughts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]btown....   I think more than anything else, the success of the Patriots from the 2001 - 2004 years followed by the close call in 2006 then the undefeated regular season in 2007 have fans blinded by an expectation the Patriots can be the same all the time!  They do not see a league of others teams that improve and think the Patriots can keep up at will.  The bar they have set in their minds for the Pats is such it takes VERY little for them to be disappointed and see the world crashing around them!

Great post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

It seemed like the Patriots went totally vanilla after a few calls went against them. 
     It was as if they whole team decided to mail this one in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]shenanigan...  it is not to say I do not get disappointed when the Pats lose, but, I am grounded enough that for me it is a game and I root for my team to win.  A loss is a loss, I'll get over it, as fast as I get over saying "great!" when they win.  Seems many can't get past these simple thoughts.
    Also true, I hope the Pats win every game, and really I get a little p*ssed when they play like doodoo, but it's one game and it's a game not life and death.  Things happen, it's not like the Pats never lost before even when they won SB's.  Move on, it's just a game, and there's another one next week.  Go Pats

Sections
Shortcuts