A Cheaper (Just as good? ) alternative to Wilfork.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

A Cheaper (Just as good? ) alternative to Wilfork.

Not much has been talked about Kevin Williams formerly of the the Viks. He's only a year older than vince ( and although he had a down year by kevin williams standards) i think he would be a good 1 or 2 year stopgag DT. Sign Williams( hopefully for cheap money maybe 2 years 8- 10 mill) then draft a DT and let him learn from two quality pros like kelly and williams. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: A Cheaper (Just as good? ) alternative to Wilfork.

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not much has been talked about Kevin Williams formerly of the the Viks. He's only a year older than vince ( and although he had a down year by kevin williams standards) i think he would be a good 1 or 2 year stopgag DT. Sign Williams( hopefully for cheap money maybe 2 years 8- 10 mill) then draft a DT and let him learn from two quality pros like kelly and williams. 

[/QUOTE] Well one things for sure he knows what the line coach likes. If they sign Allen I'd be happier, but I think he wants a payday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I thought this was a thread about Siligia. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought this was a thread about Siligia. 

[/QUOTE]

haha TC .... your dry sense of humor works wonders with me .... Laughing

We need more of that around here , keep up your good work, enjoy reading you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

I like the idea - then draft a DT in the first round also! Guard/Center & DE in 2nd/3rd TE/LB  in 4th - Safety/WR in 5th DE/ O Tackle in 6th -waterboy in 7th---meee!  SB # 4 in 14 and I'll be on the sidelines with my waterbottles :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

People here are also forgetting that DT Tommie Kelly is still with the team...and was playing well last year, before he, like so many others, got hurt.

Vince Wilfolk has been Mr. Patriot over the past decade. He has a "David Ortiz like" opportunity this season, to lead a fairly young team to a SB. But, if he persists being short-sighted in whining about getting every dollar on his contract, he could kick this opportunity down the road. 

Sometimes you can step up by stepping down, Big Man. Lead this defense to a championship and you, like Big Papi, could achieve legendary status in Boston. That in turn will translate in dollars, long after your playing days are over. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Pat Sims (OAK)

Sims was a high DT2 last year, so it might be surprising so many people were above him on the list. Some of his value is from his number of snaps, as the Raiders used him in 62.8% of snaps. Late in the season the Raiders were using him in as many as 98.1% of snaps in a game. He also had an incredible game against the Chargers in Week 16. 28.8% of his fantasy points on the season all came from that single game. Prior to Week 15, Sims was a low DT3. I wouldn’t expect quite so many snaps in the future, and it’s unlikely he sees a game similar to the one he had against the Chargers. Still, he is decent at both stopping the run and pass rushing. He could be a high DT2 if late last season was a sign of things to come. He could also be as low as a DT4 if he plays like he did early in 2013 or earlier in his career.

The Raiders also have Vance Walker and Daniel Muir as free agents at defensive tackle. This leaves them with a projected starting lineup of Stacy McGee and Ricky Lumpkin, with Torell Troup and David Carter on the bench. It’s possible that the Raiders have four brand new defensive linemen starting next year compared to last year or the current projections for this year.

Pat Sims, DT, Oakland Raiders

Given that their starting quarterbacks throughout the year have been Terrelle Pryor, Matthew McGloin and Matt Flynn, and considering their roster has more holes than it does star players, it’s easy to see why the Raiders aren’t still in the playoff hunt late in the year. Still, they have seen some nice individual performances, with defensive tackle Pat Sims (+7.2) putting together his best performance of the year as he finishes 2013 strong. A 2008 third round draft pick out of Auburn, Sims has seen his role increase since moving on from being part of the Cincinnati Bengals defensive line rotation this past offseason.

Sunday’s game saw him grade positively both as a pass rusher and against the run, with Sims registering a sack and two hits from 28 pass rushing snaps. Against the run he was an absolute nightmare for guards Chad Rinehart and Jeromey Clary. Even when he wasn’t making one of his seven tackles which resulted in a defensive stop, he was still able to cause plenty of disruption forcing cuts from running backs and squeezing running lanes. Those seven defensive stops included two tackles for loss, with one coming on 1st-and-10 with 7:30 left in the first half. Beating Rinehart to the inside with ease, he was able to meet running back Ryan Matthews three yards deep in the backfield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Isn't Williams a much different style of player than Wilfork? Kind of like the type you'd put next to Vince to generate a pass rush? I'd sign him just for depth - he'll be 34 in August - too me he is more of what we had in mind with Tommy Kelly...a push the pocket guy, but maybe not an anchor NT type. The guy I really liked was the guy from the Dolphins the Hawks signed right at the start of free agency.