A closer look at WHY the offense struggled vs the Bengals

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: A closer look at WHY the offense struggled vs the Bengals

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/patriots_take_2_where_does_the.html

These post game breakdown this year have been great to use and go back and look at things not visible from the Tv game. He does a good job breaking these downs. He is mostly on page with what I saw except I didnt realize at the time how hard the catch was that Amendola made at the 1. He think the pass could have been much better. My bad. I had previously thought the pass was catchable.

Other than that, he points out which plays he thinks falls on who. He does howeve point out that the Pats offense requires WRs to read defenses and so its hard to really know who was supposed to be where and all that. Good Read and sheds some light on WHY we looked so bad and also gives positives going forward.  He credits a lot of it to the Bengals have a very good defensive unit.

The second paragraph gets into the wrs needing to read the defense sh!t.  This is the disconnect people...

YOU CAN'T HAVE 2 variables on the same PLAY... !!!

Brady reads something.  WR reads something.  YOU'RE ASKING FOR FAILURE.

SIMPLIFY the system.  everybody do a pattern. Make it depend on the scheme of the play call , like cover all these guys but, there will be another guy open...

that is how Denver's offense operates... Instead of giving the QB the excuse that ...oh sh!t, that wr was supposed to zig there and he zagged ... Lame. 

Denver's defense doesn't run anything like what you said. 

There isn't a single offense in the NFL without variable routes. They all run that way. NE's is a touch more complex, but it's no more complex than the other teams that run it like the Giants and a handful more. It wasn't too complex for the 2000 Pats who won Superbowls, or the 1990s Pats, or the 1980s PAts. 

IT wasn't too complex for the 1980s Giants, or the 1990s/2000s Steelers too. 

In fact, this "cr@p" offense you are hanging out to dry has won more Superbowls since its inception than any other system, including the simplest: the Walsh West-Coast. 

All teams have variable routes .... otherwise you are running your WRs into coverage ~50% of the time. The kids just need to learn it. 

If you believe it , its not a lie , bozo.  Simplify the system.  Receivers have their own capabilities within a pattern , like on a post do you cut under the safety or if the safety is playing up on the TE, you go behind, for instance...  but asking a guy to go in instead of out... Is stupid... And that kinda makes you fall into this category if that's what you're BASING YOUR OFFENSE on.

Its slapping you in the face.  The offense is sputtering because of a disconnect in playcalling and execution, as well as Brady and receivers.  figure it out, as in ... be smart , make a smart move.    Don't just act like a smartasz...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/patriots_take_2_where_does_the.html

These post game breakdown this year have been great to use and go back and look at things not visible from the Tv game. He does a good job breaking these downs. He is mostly on page with what I saw except I didnt realize at the time how hard the catch was that Amendola made at the 1. He think the pass could have been much better. My bad. I had previously thought the pass was catchable.

Other than that, he points out which plays he thinks falls on who. He does howeve point out that the Pats offense requires WRs to read defenses and so its hard to really know who was supposed to be where and all that. Good Read and sheds some light on WHY we looked so bad and also gives positives going forward.  He credits a lot of it to the Bengals have a very good defensive unit.

The second paragraph gets into the wrs needing to read the defense sh!t.  This is the disconnect people...

SIMPLIFY the system.  everybody do a pattern. Make it depend on the scheme of the play call , like cover all these guys but, there will be another guy open...

that is how Denver's offense operates... Instead of giving the QB the excuse that ...oh sh!t, that wr was supposed to zig there and he zagged ... Lame. 

There isn't a single offense in the NFL without variable routes. They all run that way. NE's is a touch more complex, but it's no more complex than the other teams that run it like the Giants and a handful more. It wasn't too complex for the 2000 Pats who won Superbowls, or the 1990s Pats, or the 1980s PAts. 

In fact, this "cr@p" offense you are hanging out to dry has won more Superbowls since its inception than any other system, including the simplest: the Walsh West-Coast. 

All teams have variable routes .... otherwise you are running your WRs into coverage ~50% of the time. The kids just need to learn it. 

If you believe it , its not a lie , bozo.  Simplify the system.  Receivers have their own capabilities within a pattern , like on a post do you cut under the safety or if the safety is playing up on the TE, you go behind, for instance...  but asking a guy to go in instead of out... Is stupid... And that kinda makes you fall into this category if that's what you're BASING YOUR OFFENSE on.

Its slapping you in the face.  The offense is sputtering because of a disconnect in playcalling and execution, as well as Brady and receivers.  figure it out, as in ... be smart , make a smart move.    Don't just act like a smartasz...

Wow. Just, wow. 

1.) So you basically don't know anything about NFL offenses.

2.) Bill Belichik is not "stupid" for running this "complex" system (with the features which you hate yet belong to every single offense in the NFL). 

*facepalm*

This is why this board is just getting flushed right down the toilet. 

Google "route tree." Study. Hard. Then come back .... and "be smart, make a smart move."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Sounds great, Bustchise.

Even though Brady Apologist, Paul Perillo said Brady had a stinker and most of it was on him, the receivers in poor weather are all to blame.

Sounds great.

Yes, get rid of very talented WRs as rookies in Week 6 if Brady sucks again. Sounds great.

Glad it sounds good to you DB! 

Paul Perillo, lol!  Hey that's just his opinion.  I don't think he is always right.  You only think he is right when it is in agreement with you, foo! 

What talented WR's and rookies are you talking about?  We don't have any.  Edelman can't go to another team and do what he does with NE.  Danny A hasn't done anything with any team, and our rooks have not done much.  You praised Dobson for scoring a TD in his first catch, didn't Chad Jackson do that too?  How was he?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

we have had only 1good Offensive Game

There is no one playing at an All Pro level on O

We have more TOs than we are used to

Truely a "team" under performing

We have beaten no one

It could be worse, we could be the Giants

But our. D has saved us, even in the one game our O was good

The only thing that can be said is that we have a lot of potential.

We are 4-1

We are still in the hunt

But how we have a great journey is a little uncertain. growth is not always a straight line up, 

I predicted a 12-4 season. it's still there but with reason for concern

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"Plenty of blame to go around, it seems, but the final conclusion is that everyone has to step their game up -- Brady with more accurate throws, receivers by hanging onto the ball and running the correct routes, and the offensive line with better blocking up front."

from the article.  Guess it's not just one person after all....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Wow. Just, wow. 

1.) So you basically don't know anything about NFL offenses.

2.) Bill Belichik is not "stupid" for running this "complex" system (with the features which you hate yet belong to every single offense in the NFL). 

*facepalm*

This is why this board is just getting flushed right down the toilet. 

Google "route tree." Study. Hard. Then come back .... and "be smart, make a smart move."

You can't stop doing it, can you...?  Lol.  Ok , yeah I'll study the route tree, except you're so daft and full of yourself that you can't see that isn't what the point of this discussion is.

Option routes require 2 people to read the same thing... Great if you and your bff are symbiotically gelling your brainwaves.

Real world says wake up... since this year your bff is GONE...!  Scrap the complexity and Simplify by  maybe having both players on the same page from the start of the play...  Imagine that.  After removing face from palm. Its blocking your vision.

look at the QB option play.  Have you ever run that...?  QB cuts upfield or pitches out to RB.  does the running back have an option also...? No.  If he did you would have fumbles not incompletions .  The QB knows where he is and the play can work.

Option routes have their place, but you're seeing the downside right now since the additional variables cause your offense to look like sh!t half the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The checkdown Brady missed is indicative of a QB that has gotten lazy, lost his skills or only considers one or two of his favorite recievers on any given play.

Ok, also could be shell shocked at getting pressure 42% of the time and hit a bunch of times.

If Brady hit 1/2 the recievers that were wide open this season that he didn't even see the offense would be in th top 5 in the league. 

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

This is a bunch of nonsense. IT could also be that NE hasn't run a "checkdown" offense in the better part of a decade and Brady is also adjusting to missing half the players he usually has.

Also .... Brady has only missed a few open WRs this season ... if he hit half of them, he would have about 2-4 more completions. That wouldn't make the offense top 5. 

This is a bunch of nonsense. IT could also be that NE hasn't run a "checkdown" offense in the better part of a decade and Brady is also adjusting to missing half the players he usually has. 

Well, fair enough, I offered 3 reasons, lazyness, diminished skills or only considering his favorite players on any given play. If we can categorize his 'favorites' as ones he can rely on and know where they are going to break we might be close to  the same page here. They are replacements for the 'half the players he usually has' as you say. 

Also .... Brady has only missed a few open WRs this season ... if he hit half of them, he would have about 2-4 more completions. That wouldn't make the offense top 5. 

He has missed more than 4-5 , the network TV guys have highlighted that many alone.

Secondly, I disagree on the impact to the offense, this is not nonsense. Many of the missed opportunties would have been over the top or for big yards or a TD. You only need to hit a few of these to drastically change the way teams play vs. your offense.  It is a domino effect, not hitting these makes defenses more bold, they put more pressure at the line, (short passes and run and pocket) and give Brady even less time and yes...when Brady has shown he is "On" the defenses back off just a bit and the NE offense typically takes over the game. It could be as little as forcing one more deep defender which makes a LB have to choose between coverage and pass rush.Brady is a master at taking advantage of that type of situation. Against a team like Cinci with a great 4 man rush already this is huge!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Paul Perillo on 98.5 right now in his weekly spot. EXCELLENT listening because you get real analysis. And no one tell me I say I don't listen to the two hyenas, because I don't. It's not my fault Perillo goes on 98.5 and not WEEI.  This is top notch listening for any Pats fan because it's real with no agenda.

"Most of that on Sunday was on Brady."

"Brady has played well in ONE game.  - Paul Perillo

Matches my exact analysis.

No wonder you like him then.  You hate everyone who disagrees with you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

"In all, three players dropped passes: Amendola (3), Bolden (2) and Edelman (2) with two more drops (Edelman and Thompkins) deemed too difficult to catch."

from the article. 

And receivers, like Dobson, ran the wrong route.  To some idiots, that was Brady's fault too.

Hmmmm..  so, these catches made..  Brady could have been 25 or 27 of 38 versus 18 of 38 with possibly over 300 yards total.  BUT, per Rusty, it IS ALL Brady's fault this happened.  Again, I've said this in past discussions, this year the receivers Brady has are not making the type of catches made in prior seasons.

I am certain Brady has been putting the ball where he has put it in the past and they are being dropped this year.  Yes, Brady may not be on fire this year, but, he wouldn't lose his touch to such a degree in only one season.  Does anyone recall in the pre-season how everyone crowed about how great Brady was looking with his passing?  The common theme this year has been consistent - receivers are not running the right routes and are dropping passes.  Something we were not seeing in prior years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

"In all, three players dropped passes: Amendola (3), Bolden (2) and Edelman (2) with two more drops (Edelman and Thompkins) deemed too difficult to catch."

from the article. 

And receivers, like Dobson, ran the wrong route.  To some idiots, that was Brady's fault too.

Hmmmm..  so, these catches made..  Brady could have been 25 or 27 of 38 versus 18 of 38 with possibly over 300 yards total.  BUT, per Rusty, it IS ALL Brady's fault this happened.  Again, I've said this in past discussions, this year the receivers Brady has are not making the type of catches made in prior seasons.

I am certain Brady has been putting the ball where he has put it in the past and they are being dropped this year.  Yes, Brady may not be on fire this year, but, he wouldn't lose his touch to such a degree in only one season.  Does anyone recall in the pre-season how everyone crowed about how great Brady was looking with his passing?  The common theme this year has been consistent - receivers are not running the right routes and are dropping passes.  Something we were not seeing in prior years.

^ Frame it! Thread Over! Lets All Dead this Tommy is done stuff. I said the same thing about the preseason. What did he fall off a cliff in a matter of weeks!?!  No...They arent gonna what to think when he bounces back with a great game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Option routes have their place, but you're seeing the downside right now since the additional variables cause your offense to look like sh!t half the time.

Further regarding option routes...  Could this be why Brady has been guilty of STARING DOWN RECEIVERS...?

AGAIN... Applying common sense , Brady used to scan the field look at the coverage look off safeties , then turn and deliver the ball to the open guy.  you see who is covered and who isn't... And throw the ball away if play is snuffed out.  Remember how many balls Brady threw out of bounds.? ( not sure if they changed that rule but used to be ok if ball got past lime of scrimmage)...

NOW... We have Brady staring down his option guy, using precious pocket time trying TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HIS RECEIVER IS GOING TO DO  .. . again... Since receiver must read what Brady reads and Brady has to confirm IN REAL TIME that wr is reading the same thing.  is anyone getting this..?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

coolade2...   this season, unlike prior season, there is an observable disconnect between Brady and the receivers.  In his mind, he is hoping to see the route the play called for and waits for the receiver to run it.  It is not happening and as a result there is hesitation to confirm the receiver is not going to be where TB intends to throw the pass.

As TripleOG commented to my comment..  did Brady suddenly drop of a cliff this season with his passing ability?  I think not.  Since the gitgo this season, many have noticed the lack of clean route running and pass catching by this crop of receivers.  We have not seen this in the past at all!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Option routes have their place, but you're seeing the downside right now since the additional variables cause your offense to look like sh!t half the time.

Further regarding option routes...  Could this be why Brady has been guilty of STARING DOWN RECEIVERS...?

AGAIN... Applying common sense , Brady used to scan the field look at the coverage look off safeties , then turn and deliver the ball to the open guy.  you see who is covered and who isn't... And throw the ball away if play is snuffed out.  Remember how many balls Brady threw out of bounds.? ( not sure if they changed that rule but used to be ok if ball got past lime of scrimmage)...

NOW... We have Brady staring down his option guy, using precious pocket time trying TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HIS RECEIVER IS GOING TO DO  .. . again... Since receiver must read what Brady reads and Brady has to confirm IN REAL TIME that wr is reading the same thing.  is anyone getting this..?

Goodway of putting it.

So, In the modern NFL things happen so fast that is virtually impossible for a QB to react to his 4th option being wide open if he only has 2.8 seconds before he gets knoocked to the ground and is trying to figure out if his primary or secondary recieves are going to break right or left.

That explains why it looks like he sometimes only goes to his favorites or 'does not see' wide open guys, and sometimse hurries his throwing motion and sends out a not-so -accurate pass.

He is at 56% completion percentage, at 64-65% the offense has been 1,2,3,8,1 over Bradys past 5 seasons. That is just 14 more completions, less than 3 per game! 

They get their act  together, combined with this defense they will be very good. My point is it is a fine line between being a poor offense and a top offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im with you bro. I think you and Z both make good points. I agree with Z that a lot of teams use it. I agree with you that ours is probably too complex. I dont have too much of a problem when it works but 5 years with Moss and Wes will make it LOOK Easy! COntrast that will ALL the other WRs who have played here and probably closer to 50/50 on who GETS IT.

Ive brought this up going back to 2009 I believe. I mentioned that Eli was in sync with all his rookies and did a good job developing them(Nicks, S.Smith, Cruz, Manningham) all looked good out the gate. Eli also runs an offense with a lot of option routes. So has Eli been given better talent than Brady? Well depends..do you think Nicks, Cruz, Manningham are better than Chad Jackson, T.Price and B.Tate. I dont think its even close. So upon further review I had to cut Brady some slack seeing as none of our guys went on to be anything. Tate is a returner.

So Yes, I beleive the system is complex. I believe smart talented WRs that go in the 1st round usually can handle that. We havent drafted a WR in the 1st in the whole BB tenure. Chad was a bust in the 2nd round. Brady said Moss was the smartest FOOTBALL PLAYER he ever played with. So thats why THEY made it look easy. Wes is the most prolific pass catcher in the last 5 years. So when he had those 2, he made it look easy and in Comes the best TE in the league to offset the loss of Moss

Fast forward 3 years. He has no Moss, No Welker, No Gronk, No Woodhead, No Vareen, No Branch, No Lloyd,etc...yet  people somehow expect Brady to just keep on chugging. When we rode his arm for 5 years to playoff berths I saw no complains(well rusty) and now with a good D we have Tommy running with a H.S. team! So in short, Yes its complicated but Good talent will offset the hard system. Weve had no YOUNG talent before now. I believe these guys are good but they are green. Its already hard for ANY WR to break through 1st year and we are asking 3 to do it in THIS system?!? Wow... Its gonna be a while. My only gripe is WHY not simplify it for the time being until they get it? How hard it is to say, Dobson you are gonna run the 7(corner). Gronk you run the 9, clear out. Amendola u come underneath.

In Eli's offense , there is usually only ONE option route per play. Here, I think they ask all the WRs to run option routes and thats CRAZY but I could be wrong.

and yes you HAVE to stare down your WR when he is new and running an option route. You expect him to look at the safety and then come back and rifle it to a spot not knowing who is going to be there. That king of QB play is only seen between players with chemistry who have played a while. The trust is not there yet, nor should it be. The guys havent been in the right spots. Who do you think is reading the D correctly....Brady or some rookies??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

from the article. 

Right because we have a completely new group of receivers. This is the variable that has changed on the scoring equation. Brady is the same, ol is the same, most of rb's are the same. For the life of me I can't understand how Russ lays it at Brady's feet completely. It's irresponsible especially given the production that has emerged from this offense over the past decade. It's like all of a sudden, someone turned the lights off. So what changed? Any logical person would come to a logical conclusion here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Paul Perillo on 98.5 right now in his weekly spot. EXCELLENT listening because you get real analysis. And no one tell me I say I don't listen to the two hyenas, because I don't. It's not my fault Perillo goes on 98.5 and not WEEI.  This is top notch listening for any Pats fan because it's real with no agenda.

"Most of that on Sunday was on Brady."

"Brady has played well in ONE game.  - Paul Perillo

Matches my exact analysis.

No wonder you like him then.  You hate everyone who disagrees with you.

What?

Sounds crazy right? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes. I have been talking about it for years. Brady formed a Binky Club and if you didn't impress immediately, your Binky Club card was revoked.

He developed an attitude, entitlement, starting in 2007 when BB spoiled him to the moon and back with riches like Moss and Welker. 

So, when one of those players got hurt, wasn't there or were off the team, Brady's deterioirating QB skills, which include progression reads, game management, clock control, etc, all affected the games our beloved team played in.

This is why when Gronk wasn't healthy for SB 46, Brady didn't play consistently well. He was staring down Welker and Hernandez.  We should have hammered the rock with BJGE and instead the Pats giftwrapped the SB to an inferior Giants club. Again.

I'll repeat:  BB dealt Moss to get Brady to be a better QB. It worked. Brady won the MVP.  

BB walked from Welkie in similar fashion.  The Binky Club is no more.

Let's see how Brady responds.

Again it's the way you massage the points to fit your agenda. I beg you to run for political office because you would be quite successful.

the so called binky club...lets start there. Bb said the offense is on the field to score points. If the guys who can run the right routes, can catch balls and are on the same page as Brady get the ball more often than others, and give us the greatest chance to score, then why not pass to them? Brady isnt stupid. He's not going to target Ocho for example when Ocho doesn't understand where he is supposed to be. The QB and WR relationship is built on trust. It has to be to be successful given there are nanoseconds to make decisions. You act like Brady sits back there for 5 minutes, surveying the field, and then going with his binky club when there are multiple receivers open. I think when Brady has trust, he spreads it around. Look at 07 and last year. Everyone got touches, some more than most, but again, you are not factoring in that any second he could be decapitated by a 300lb DT. I would love to see your decision making skills put to the test as people around you are salivating at the thought of taking you out. 

Lets move on to the last SB...gee, without Gronk, who else was available for Brady to throw to? MegatRon? C'mon Russ. Welker, Hernandez were the only viable options. If we didn't hammer the rock per your suggestion, I recommend running your request back up the flagpole where game strategy, who gets on the field and what plays get called to bb and josh. You can moan that Brady is the controller and he makes up all the plays, decides who plays, decides how much and when they will run in any given game...this is simply again your way of moving the cheese and casting blame on Brady without giving fair accountability to bb and josh. It's classical propaganda technique..hey guys, look over here..nothing to look at over there. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Yes. I have been talking about it for years. Brady formed a Binky Club and if you didn't impress immediately, your Binky Club card was revoked.

He developed an attitude, entitlement, starting in 2007 when BB spoiled him to the moon and back with riches like Moss and Welker. 

So, when one of those players got hurt, wasn't there or were off the team, Brady's deterioirating QB skills, which include progression reads, game management, clock control, etc, all affected the games our beloved team played in.

This is why when Gronk wasn't healthy for SB 46, Brady didn't play consistently well. He was staring down Welker and Hernandez.  We should have hammered the rock with BJGE and instead the Pats giftwrapped the SB to an inferior Giants club. Again.

I'll repeat:  BB dealt Moss to get Brady to be a better QB. It worked. Brady won the MVP.  

BB walked from Welkie in similar fashion.  The Binky Club is no more.

Let's see how Brady responds.

Again it's the way you massage the points to fit your agenda. I beg you to run for political office because you would be quite successful.

the so called binky club...lets start there. Bb said the offense is on the field to score points. If the guys who can run the right routes, can catch balls and are on the same page as Brady get the ball more often than others, and give us the greatest chance to score, then why not pass to them? Brady isnt stupid. He's not going to target Ocho for example when Ocho doesn't understand where he is supposed to be. The QB and WR relationship is built on trust. It has to be to be successful given there are nanoseconds to make decisions. You act like Brady sits back there for 5 minutes, surveying the field, and then going with his binky club when there are multiple receivers open. I think when Brady has trust, he spreads it around. Look at 07 and last year. Everyone got touches, some more than most, but again, you are not factoring in that any second he could be decapitated by a 300lb DT. I would love to see your decision making skills put to the test as people around you are salivating at the thought of taking you out. 

Lets move on to the last SB...gee, without Gronk, who else was available for Brady to throw to? MegatRon? C'mon Russ. Welker, Hernandez were the only viable options. If we didn't hammer the rock per your suggestion, I recommend running your request back up the flagpole where game strategy, who gets on the field and what plays get called to bb and josh. You can moan that Brady is the controller and he makes up all the plays, decides who plays, decides how much and when they will run in any given game...this is simply again your way of moving the cheese and casting blame on Brady without giving fair accountability to bb and josh. It's classical propaganda technique..hey guys, look over here..nothing to look at over there. 

Spot on! I may have to paste this as my handle below so maybe if he keeps seeing it, he will finally believe. Thats what he is trying to do here and it actually works on some folks. Many more people have seemingly joined in on the Brady bashing after repeatedly hearing this hater say the same freeeeking things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...well you get my drift.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Brady has only had ONE good game this year." (Paul Perillo, Brady Apologist)

Dude are you still gonna be posting this quote in December?? I mean you are such a fraud fan. I mean you want your team to win right? Ok, So you are gonna keep beating that quote to death cuz it makes your agenda look good?? How about we are 4-1. A real Patriots fan would not care how many bad games ANYONE had as long as we were winning.

If You were a Steelers fan in 2006, would you have been happy that your team won a SB, or be mad that Big Ben had the worst QB rating of ANY Qb in history..I believe less than 20??? 

YOU ARE NOT A PATRIOTS FAN! YOu are a BB Fan! for what reason, I have no idea. You may not realize it, but everything you say completely goes against what being a fan is. I bet you dont even care if we win or lose. YOu just watch the games waiting and hoping for Brady to look bad so you can come here and somehow feel better thinking all the Bashing youve done was merited. Its not! You are a fraud. Why dont you leave and let real fans discuss our team??? You ruin every thread and try to tell people how to be fans. You dont let others have their opinion and you slam the best player DAILY! Thats a fan????  Ok buddy. GTFOH!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Brady has only had ONE good game this year." (Paul Perillo, Brady Apologist)

Dude are you still gonna be posting this quote in December?? I mean you are such a fraud fan. I mean you want your team to win right? Ok, So you are gonna keep beating that quote to death cuz it makes your agenda look good?? How about we are 4-1. A real Patriots fan would not care how many bad games ANYONE had as long as we were winning.

If You were a Steelers fan in 2006, would you have been happy that your team won a SB, or be mad that Big Ben had the worst QB rating of ANY Qb in history..I believe less than 20??? 

YOU ARE NOT A PATRIOTS FAN! YOu are a BB Fan! for what reason, I have no idea. You may not realize it, but everything you say completely goes against what being a fan is. I bet you dont even care if we win or lose. YOu just watch the games waiting and hoping for Brady to look bad so you can come here and somehow feel better thinking all the Bashing youve done was merited. Its not! You are a fraud. Why dont you leave and let real fans discuss our team??? You ruin every thread and try to tell people how to be fans. You dont let others have their opinion and you slam the best player DAILY! Thats a fan????  Ok buddy. GTFOH!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Of course I want them to win. I want Brady to improve, along with the young guns and McDanies's playcalling, too.

But, I am not going to lie or gloss over Brady's poor play.  Why do you get so mad at me here?

Look at your thread. Look at your first post. Look at mine. What have I said that is so inconcsstent or poor analysis??????  I am very objective and fair in my analysis with our team.  I also was vindicated with the info your VERY first post in this thread.

You and PAts Lifer following me around in every thread won't change that.

I want our team to win and win a title. We can't do that with poor or mediocre QB play.  Me wanting that again means I care. Get it? 

As for you asking me to leave, why don't you take your own advice and stop bashing BB to deflect from Brady's actual poor play?

You and your buddies mocking BB, the legendary coach and GM, left and right like you do, is WAY WORSE than me being an honest about a poor game from Brady.

You're enraged are D is outstanding so far and I was right again about telling you and others the D will be there, and we'll be waiting on Brady.  Just admit you were wrong so you can stop trolling.

Get it over with, SHizzles.  

uuugh, I have had enough of your babbling. slow day so I figured i would remove you. No rusty, im not that petty that I would be mad about our defense being good and esp. not mad at you because you arent the reason they are nor did you predict anything. Its all on record that the rebuild started when..in 08 and then was over in 10' right?  LMAO! What a fraud. I know you dont root for the team. YOu root for defense and hate the offense. I support the New England Patriots. You have tried to police everyones opinon on this thread that didnt align with yours. Thats Trolling....Good Day Buddy! I had enough for today!

Posts from harvey wall-banger have been ignored

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Encinitas' comment:

Note the comments speak to a "team" performance and not lay the blame on on player or two.  Those passes many claim were bad throws by Brady may be the result of Brady throwing to a spot he expected the receiver to be at taking into consideration the D.

Either way, at 4 - 1 and 11 more games to go, plenty of time for the rookies to develop and bring back some healthy playmakers!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Dude, please. Stop. Just stop. When Welkie was open in the seam in that SB 46 play, Brady threw off his back foot to release the ball fast. That's fine, but he forgot to step forward and follow through. It's a decision/mecanical mistake there.

It's ok to admit it.

He looked like an old Dan Fouts out there, dropping back and then throwing off his back foot for another Dan Fouts INT. Ever see FOuts's career numbers? The guy should not be in the HOF.  Drew Bledose at least led a team to 2 SBs and has a ring.

You see, this is why you are so openly mocked.  Bledsoe's key contribution to the second SB was to get hurt!  He  left and the Pats were 0-2.  Brady LED the team to a 14-3 record and a SB win.  Bledsoe's only contribution to the season was 30 minutes against the Steelers where he directed  the offense to exactly ONE touchdown.  If Brady did this, you would crucify him.

We get it.  Brady isn't perfect.  Nobody ever said he was.  He was, is, and probably always will be the best player this franchise ever has.   Only you are too stupid to see that.

By the way, have you ever heard the expression"less is more"?  You might want to give it a try.

Bledsoe came in for Brady in the 2001 AFC title game. Many QBs would have failed on the road in that situation having not played in 3 months.

He was huge in that game. Like I said, at least he showed up in multiple title games. Dan Fouts crapped himself in his.

Do your homework, big mouth, and know your NFL history.

Time to start your daily bludgeoning MEGADOOSH.

Bledsoe had a 78 passer rating in that AFCCG, hitting under 50% of his passes. Brady was better in both the 42 and 46 SBs but you call that "poor". You are a fool with an agenda.

In his one SB Bledsoe threw 4 INTs. If Brady ever did that we would never hear the end of it from you. Oh wait, Brady never threw more than 1 INT in a SB and we never hear the end of it from you. LMAO@ a moron.

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

"Plenty of blame to go around, it seems, but the final conclusion is that everyone has to step their game up -- Brady with more accurate throws, receivers by hanging onto the ball and running the correct routes, and the offensive line with better blocking up front."

from the article.  Guess it's not just one person after all....

So, you're basically telling us the HOFer is equally to blame as the rookies. That's textbook nonsense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Struggled against the Bengals because you have a very good defense going up against rookies who are still learning how to run the right routes.

We also abandoned the run game tied 3-3 and down 6-3. That's why we lost,

Take that up with BB dumbkoff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CaptnCrunch's comment:

Even without any signals from the QB, the receiver can, and should know inherently what route they are running based on the alignment AT the snap. These option routes are not consistant play to play as the offensive formation can affetct the "option route" as the positioning of the other receivers have an effect on the available "option route" per receiver, per formation.

It is a very complex offense especially since it runs the same play out of several different formations, which changes the receivers' route tree options. There is a huge learining curve to this type of offense.....ask Brandon Llyod and Chad. They barely got it. Our kids are only half way there. By game 10, the receivers who get it and don't have to think so much will play, the others, Specail Teams will be their fates til next year if no injuries force playing time sooner, i.e. Boyce.  In that case, they have to dumb the offense down, as we've seen early. It doesn't matter who the receiver is or how much physical ability he has, it takes a lot of time to grasp and execute in real time and only the "smart" ones (football IQ) will survive this offense. We are seeing it. Though Tom is slipping a bit, as to be expected, right now, its a process and nobody's fault. Based on Tom's past, yeah he's off target a bit, but when it comes to the "WTF" throws, Tom was right, the receiver just made the wrong read. Time will build confidence and consistancy between Tom and the newbies and the newbies will become more relaxed and will perfom better as a result..........

I am actually impressed with the rookies progress. 

That's because you're an imbecile.

Sections
Shortcuts