A cold hard look at 7 years off BB's drafting.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: A cold hard look at 7 years off BB's drafting.

Why? Why can't we win the super bowl every year? Why? Why? Why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hahaha priceless. Nothing like having a biased agenda.

The funniest part is that you don't even try to hide it anymore.

Frankly I am surprised you you even bothered to give ANY pick anything more than a C since we know you think the entire roster except Brady and "kinda" Gronk is mediocre at best.

[/QUOTE]

You're lying. I never said the entire roster is mediocre except for "kinda" Gronk and Brady. I've said the roster overall is mediocre outside of Brady. Obviously there are both above average players and below average players.

Nothing biased about it. That's a straight-up honest assessment of the picks. Refute one if you like.

[/QUOTE]

No matter how you try to explain it, the fact is, your "honest assessment" is purely subjective and holds no more value than anybodyelse's.  For example, Ryan Mallet.  You grade him as a "D".  For the life of me, I don't know how a back-up QB gets a "D", seeing as how none of us ever gets to see him play.  Or, perhaps, you are holding that against him?  I don't know.  Personally, I don't see how any grade can be assigned to him, at this point.  Spikes, a "C-"!?  McCourty, a "C-"?  Ridley, a "D"?  Wow...I think it's clear why you don't have a job assessing talent in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ditching the run and wanting to throw more, produced no ball movement and a rash of 3 and outs.

[/QUOTE]

Serious question dumbkoff:

How many times do I need to tell you to take this up with the Head Coach, BB? How many times will it take for that to sink into that granite block you call a brain?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Frankly I am surprised you you even bothered to give ANY pick anything more than a C since we know you think the entire roster except Brady and "kinda" Gronk is mediocre at best.

[/QUOTE]

You're lying. I never said the entire roster is mediocre except for "kinda" Gronk and Brady. I've said the roster overall is mediocre outside of Brady. Obviously there are both above average players and below average players.

Nothing biased about it. That's a straight-up honest assessment of the picks. Refute one if you like.

[/QUOTE]

Ryan Mallet.  You grade him as a "D".  For the life of me, I don't know how a back-up QB gets a "D", seeing as how none of us ever gets to see him play.

[/QUOTE]

What grade do you think most NFL backups are, an A?

I don't know, a 3rd round pick that has shown nothing doesn't get a great grade with me.

This is the one thing you chose to point out to prove my assessment is faulty? - That I gave the hardly ever used backup a "D"?

Did it ever occur to you that if he was good, if BB did trust him, he might play him more instead of risking the health of his aging HOFer in the last quarter of games with a comfortable lead?

Because we KNOW BB isn't afraid to play a backup. Just ask Drew Bledsoe about that. LMAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No matter how you try to explain it, the fact is, your "honest assessment" is purely subjective and holds no more value than anybodyelse's. 

[/QUOTE]

By that logic Adrain Peterson may not have been MVP last year, BJGE might just as well have been. After all, that was just a matter of opinion.LMAO

Instead of simply spinning why not be specific about who I have rated wrongly?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Great job. I disagree with Brace and Gronk. I thought Brace was a great pick but not given the chance. In hindsight, Gronk has turned into a giant waste.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spikes, a "C-"!?  McCourty, a "C-"?  Ridley, a "D"?  Wow...I think it's clear why you don't have a job assessing talent in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

What would you give Spikes who is dreadfully slow and can't cover to save his life?

What would you give McCourty, a 1st round pick who couldn't hold onto the position he was drafted for and has yet to prove he is exceptional at his new position?

What would you give Ridley who has lost fumbles somewhere around every 16 carries in the playoffs and has shown no ability to run well against good teams?

I certainly would be a superior prospect to assess NFL talent compared to yourself, who is touting 3 guys we don't even know will not be cut by BB at the end of the rookie contract.

This is the same old BS that has gone on for years here. The EXACT same crap was said of guys like Chung and Meriweather, and all those voices are silent now, just like they very probably will be about the 3 guys you mentioned in a year or two.

Good players stand out. They don't need to have homers prop them up artificially. Everybody agrees on them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would point out that any draft that nets Randy Moss and Wes Welker(over 70 tds and what 9000 yards???) is one of the best drafts in NFL history, and I would trade an entire draft class for those 2 alone but BB traded what a 2nd, a 4rth and 2 7ths?

[/QUOTE]

BB is certainly a better trader than a drafter - No argument there. But he has had a few stinkers too.

And if you're going to count players he traded for with draft picks in his drafting plus column, then you have to subtract the drafted players he acquired from trades as well - such as the Seymour, Cassel and Branch situations.

You can't have it both ways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm used to looking at data scaled by SPC. Let's say all NFL draft picks from every team were listed and what their contributions were/are. Let's then again say that all teams have simular draft profiles were less than half the picks reach full potential. What you then would have is a chart that becomes the normal and expected result. I would need to see this but one would wonder if the PATS are simply the mean to every other team, don't know.

I do have a gripe with taking someone where they should never have been picked but other wise don't be surprised if the PATS are no better or no worse than the other folks picking at the bottom of each round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spikes, a "C-"!?  McCourty, a "C-"?  Ridley, a "D"?  Wow...I think it's clear why you don't have a job assessing talent in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

What would you give Spikes who is dreadfully slow and can't cover to save his life?

What would you give McCourty, a 1st round pick who couldn't hold onto the position he was drafted for and has yet to prove he is exceptional at his new position?

What would you give Ridley who has lost fumbles somewhere around every 16 carries in the playoffs and has shown no ability to run well against good teams?

I certainly would be a superior prospect to assess NFL talent compared to yourself, who is touting 3 guys we don't even know will not be cut by BB at the end of the rookie contract.

This is the same old BS that has gone on for years here. The EXACT same crap was said of guys like Chung and Meriweather, and all those voices are silent now, just like they very probably will be about the 3 guys you mentioned in a year or two.

Good players stand out. They don't need to have homers prop them up artificially. Everybody agrees on them.

[/QUOTE]

Now, let's be clear, I have never suggested that I am some great evaluator of NFL talent.  What I am saying is, I am pretty sure that is not what you do for a living.  Therefore, your opinion should carry no more weight than anyone else's around here.  You seem to have a high opinion of your own opinion.  That's fine, but it still just an opinion...not fact.  Ridley, Spikes, and McCourtey, I would argue, should be worthy of something in the "B" range.  I'm only basing that on what I have seen of them in games, overall.  I'm aware, that each of them has his own short-comings and has made some mistakes, but so has TB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm used to looking at data scaled by SPC. Let's say all NFL draft picks from every team were listed and what their contributions were/are. Let's then again say that all teams have simular draft profiles were less than half the picks reach full potential. What you then would have is a chart that becomes the normal and expected result. I would need to see this but one would wonder if the PATS are simply the mean to every other team, don't know.

I do have a gripe with taking someone where they should never have been picked but other wise don't be surprised if the PATS are no better or no worse than the other folks picking at the bottom of each round.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how you can ovjectively evaluate the Pats drafting any way other than this.