A far out idea for 2nd/3rd receiver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

A far out idea for 2nd/3rd receiver

Plaxico Burress
    (I was reminded he existed by this article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4804786)

Say what you want about hating him for Super Bowl XLII and/or hate on him for the gun charges

BUT

A lot of people have done a lot of worse things and still play in the NFL.  PacMan Jones got THREE chances to play again after shooting guns in the air at random and endangering those around him infinitely more than Burress did by shooting HIMSELF in the leg.  Ray Lewis was charged with assault and murder.  Charles Grant has been convicted of manslaughter.  I think they gave him a lot of time to make an example of him, which in my opinion isn't fair to him at all.

I think a Moss-Burress combo would be killer because Burress is good after the catch (tough to tackle) and I think Burress can be had for cheap when he's released from prison.  I also think he'd be less problematic than T.O., who may also be had for cheap.

Thoughts anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: A far out idea for 2nd/3rd receiver

I wonder when the stories will come out about how Plaxico (after his multiple chances to stop acting like a thug and/or child) now realizes that he's made some bad decisions and is going to turn his life around (insert a new found connection to Tony Dungy).....you know, now that there's a chance that someone isn't going to pay him lots of money to run around and catch footballs. Cry me a river about the legal system making an example out of him.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

He'll find Jesus any day now. Most do in jail.

Nick is right that some have done worse and found forgiveness in the NFL, but I'd like to see him find it elsewhere. I see him as just another prima donna and a punk to boot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

your full of stupid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

funny you should mention... i just came across this article http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-mosspeers010610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns and to find out plaxico actually looks up to randy moss... receivers usually are jealous and spew venom when speaking of the (superfreak)y one(check jerry rice, cris carter)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

He's a tall WR who can go up and compete for a ball thrown his way. We need some help at WR....I wouldn't mind seeing either Burress or Owens on the Patriots. With Welker likely out for most of next season - the Patriots have to do something - otherwise it's going to be very easy to shut down the Patriots' offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm not a fan of the guy but if we could get Rae Carruth on work release to play on the other side of the field I think there might be some chemistry there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how old will he be when he gets out?he would have to learn a new system all over.he would have to get back into football shape.i would rather have 6ft7 malcom floyd from the chargers who will be a free agent after the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

WR is the easiest postion to fill.  This team, the Krafts, NE, et al, doesn't need this bum. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Is he even available next year. I was under the impression he wouldn't be able to play until at least 2010. Pats will definately need receivers to add if Welker is out until next November if the 11 months comes true. That leaves us right now with Randy Moss, Julian Edleman, Sam Aiken, Brandon Tate, and maybe Isiah Stanback.

Free Agent WR (if CBA) for 2010 would be

Brandon Marshall
    Vincent Jackson
    Miles Austin
    Braylon Edwards
    Terrell Owens
    Antonio Bryant
    Derrick Mason
    Malcom Floyd
    Kevin Walter

Top NFL WR Prospects
    Dez Bryant
    Arrelious Benn
    Golden Tate
    Mardy Gilyard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Remember Dillon, he was thought to be a "thug" and trouble maker.  How did that work out for us?
    Bill will do what ever is best for this team, if he believes he has turned a corner and can help the Pats he'll make run at him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

With no CBA free agents would be

Arnaz Battle, Marty Booker, Antonio Bryant, Nate Burleson, Tim Carter, Chris Chambers, Antonio Chatman, Terrance Copper, Bobby Engram, Brian Finneran, Mike Furrey, Greg Lewis, Brandon Lloyd, Derrick Mason, Shaun McDonald, Sean Morey, Muhsin Muhammad, Kassim Osgood, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, David Tyree, Bobby Wade, Kevin Walter, Kelley Washington, Ernest Wilford.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wiz there are some good #2s there, we could make a run at a few of them which I tend to believe we will and see who creates chemistry with Brady.  Can see two or three guys signed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Instead of a 3rd receiver, we should start Wilhite on offense and have him try to cover Aiken.  Then Brady could just play catch with Aiken all day long. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I tend to think Burress would do a lot more good than harm.

Seems like it's just me, though (the poll says it's split ~40/60)

Sections
Shortcuts