A few reasons to be optimistic about the game last Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: A few reasons to be optimistic about the game last Night

if holt isnt truely in the picture(heard he was slow earlier in camp) bill will cut him early to give a chance to catch on somewhere else...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Anyone want to call me crazy for saying, for months now, this team will smash offensive records on their way to the Super Bowl?

I agree with everything being said. 

1)  A run game, which they showed last night, will open up play action.  Something we didn't have last year.

2)  Edelman is potentially a bigger threat then Wes.  He looks faster and appears to me to have more breakaway potential.

3)  The D is young, fast, mean and making tackles. 

1 win down 22 to go.  Bring on the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Slater is a gonner. No way he makes this roster. There are about 2-3 guys ahead of him on kick off/punt returns. Plus, the other guys have more value as they are projected starters or near to it. McCourty and Edelman first to mind here. 

Like all I was happy to see Murrell. He looked strong and great at POA. 

I'm wondering like the rest of you what we will do now that Warren is out for the year. Russ mentioned possibly moving to a 4-3, others say stay in our base 3-4 and Wright, Lewis, Brace, Deadrick will be able to man the spot. 

After considering it, I like either scheme for us at this point. I could see us in a 4-3 with GWarren/Wright, Lewis, Wilfork, Cunningham/Burgess/TBC as our front 4 and Murrell, Spikes, Mayo as our back 3. Numerous combinations with this front, throw in Pyror, Brace and others and we have a lot of options to change it up and do it quickly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I realize this is the preseason and most of us have blinders on but did any of you watch the 10 minute 20 play drive. Remind you of anything? The era of the read/react defense is over. This is the era of the attacking defense. This team will only be successful if it can outscore other teams. Now with the loss of Ty Warren, I think a wild card and first round exit would be a good year.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts