A Football Life: Bill Belichick Part II Tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

A Football Life: Bill Belichick Part II Tonight!

Looking forward to it!! You think they will show Bill sending players home for being late to practice due to the weather? remember that big ordeal? Cant wait to see it..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: A Football Life: Bill Belichick Part II Tonight!

I am also excited about the finale and what kind of footage we will see from the playoff loss.

One thing that stands out to me and I know Im gonna catch some heat for this..but.....  I keep seeing the commercial for part 2 and it shows Bill in the meeting room adressing the team. (I think before the playoff game or some big game)

They show him saying "One penalty or mistake and we are Done!"  and I know you want your team to be disciplined, but I keep looking at the look on Wheatley's face and from what I grasp, the young players were probably scared to death to make a mistake going into that game. For veteran players they probably know how to take that and still perform, but I fear with all the young guys esp. on defense that this has made them tight.

I will say in 09', we just flat out didnt have a chance. Even though the score was close w/B-more, we never showed any life.

Last year tho' the team all seemed to be playing tight and doing things and making mistakes they hadnt all year. I think this could be partially due to Bill making them tight and afraid to make mistakes and you cant play that way and expect to win. I hope I am wrong in my assumption, but that statement seemed a bit harsh to me. He is basically saying ONE miscue and we are done.  Noone wants that kind of pressure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: A Football Life: Bill Belichick Part II Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]I am also excited about the finale and what kind of footage we will see from the playoff loss. One thing that stands out to me and I know Im gonna catch some heat for this..but.....  I keep seeing the commercial for part 2 and it shows Bill in the meeting room adressing the team. (I think before the playoff game or some big game) They show him saying "One penalty or mistake and we are Done!"  and I know you want your team to be disciplined, but I keep looking at the look on Wheatley's face and from what I grasp, the young players were probably scared to death to make a mistake going into that game. For veteran players they probably know how to take that and still perform, but I fear with all the young guys esp. on defense that this has made them tight. I will say in 09', we just flat out didnt have a chance. Even though the score was close w/B-more, we never showed any life. Last year tho' the team all seemed to be playing tight and doing things and making mistakes they hadnt all year. I think this could be partially due to Bill making them tight and afraid to make mistakes and you cant play that way and expect to win. I hope I am wrong in my assumption, but that statement seemed a bit harsh to me. He is basically saying ONE miscue and we are done.  Noone wants that kind of pressure.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I also found that 'one mistake' clip rather curious.  Everything I've ever heard or read about BB as a coach, teacher and motivator would seem to indicate that comment is out of character.  We'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Bill has shown that one, he is even more fiery on the field than Rexy.
    Also working under Bill Parcells, you pick up a lot of things. Thats all I will say about that.

Sometimes it works, other times it wont.

I think he developed some pretty thick skin working under the constant verbal pounding from Billicheck and the success their has him implementing some of that to the detriment of the team w/regards to younger players.

Bill coached some pretty solid, blue collar veteran defensive players  in N.Y.

He has only a few here, and As much as I love the guy I have to ask if thats why we were so tight and out of character last year in the playoffs.  Did he give another "one mistake" speech?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Part 1 is on before part 2 so you can watch it in its entirety.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]I am also excited about the finale and what kind of footage we will see from the playoff loss. One thing that stands out to me and I know Im gonna catch some heat for this..but.....  I keep seeing the commercial for part 2 and it shows Bill in the meeting room adressing the team. (I think before the playoff game or some big game) They show him saying "One penalty or mistake and we are Done!"  and I know you want your team to be disciplined, but I keep looking at the look on Wheatley's face and from what I grasp, the young players were probably scared to death to make a mistake going into that game. For veteran players they probably know how to take that and still perform, but I fear with all the young guys esp. on defense that this has made them tight. I will say in 09', we just flat out didnt have a chance. Even though the score was close w/B-more, we never showed any life. Last year tho' the team all seemed to be playing tight and doing things and making mistakes they hadnt all year. I think this could be partially due to Bill making them tight and afraid to make mistakes and you cant play that way and expect to win. I hope I am wrong in my assumption, but that statement seemed a bit harsh to me. He is basically saying ONE miscue and we are done.  Noone wants that kind of pressure.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

The score was close? We got man-handled 33-14. I'd hardly call that a close game. I'm interested to see tonight's coverage as well but I wouldn't blame Bill's speech on them playing 'scared'; they're professional atheletes. They simply just got outplayed all game and Baltimore had Brady on his back the whole game. That is the formula to beat the Pats.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

"For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the clock in my car!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

How about BB's costume for the Halloween party? Epic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]How about BB's costume for the Halloween party? Epic.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Clearly the highlight of the piece. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I loved Randy Moss as Sponge Bob Squarepants and Vince Wilfork as Fred Flintstone.  That totally cracked me up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I took away a couple things from part 2 (some I already felt):

- His Conversations with Bob Kraft are sooo Awkward lol Just one word answers and long awkward Pauses..

- From the little pieces we saw, His relationship with Moss seemed really good. Moss seemed like a really down to earth guy with a positive attitude..

- I was interested to see How Bill went into games knowing they wanted to try going for 4th and short on their own end of the field. I remember always hearing comments about how he is trying to run it up, or he doesn't have faith in his D, but u saw before the game even started, He said if the situation comes up where its 4th and short, be ready to go for it..

- He gives some motivating speeches.

- His wife is a smokeshow in Halloween costumes.

- He is beyond down to earth...

- You can tell he is obsessed with coaching, and perfection...Reaming his defense out for dancing when they had a commanding lead, and let up a touchdown on 5 plays late in the 4th qtr.

Overall, I got what I expected: A totally different side of him, that the media wont let us see. He is soo different from what we see at the podium every week, or hear on the radio interviews... He's basically a BadA$^ with a sweet boat, cougar wife, Swagger, And Championship hardware...He keeps it real too.. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Football Life: Bill Belichick Part II Tonight! : The score was close? We got man-handled 33-14. I'd hardly call that a close game. I'm interested to see tonight's coverage as well but I wouldn't blame Bill's speech on them playing 'scared'; they're professional atheletes. They simply just got outplayed all game and Baltimore had Brady on his back the whole game. That is the formula to beat the Pats.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Fisrt, I dindt mean the final score, I meant that even after going down 21-0, it was still a game in the 1st half and they could have made something of it, but they continued to shoot themselves in the foot and ultimately were out of it.

as far as the speech, I didnt say it affected that game, I said judging by the speech I can assume thats why they were tight last year in the playoffs. Its an opinon and Rusty Stay off my D*ck!

What are the peanut gallery.  Just waiting for someone to disagree w/me so you can pile on?  Grow up Dude!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I always thought the 4 and two spot was a horrible spot!  It was a first down.

Also, showing the Hagler vs Hearns war was Marvelous!  Too bad the team didn't have Haglers heart going into the Ravens game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]I always thought the 4 and two spot was a horrible spot!  It was a first down. Also, showing the Hagler vs Hearns war was Marvelous!  Too bad the team didn't have Haglers heart going into the Ravens game.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Would have been nice even if they had had Hearns' heart. He may have gotten knocked out by Hagler, but he landed some bombs and went out like a man. The '09 Pats sort of whimpered away.

What Part 2 showed me was how spectacular the 2010 14-2 accomplishment was. You hear BB saying, "I can't get this team to do anything right...they have no mental toughness...if they take away Moss deep and clamp down on Welker, we're done, we're done, we sure can't run the ball, et cetera."

After all that commentary, you know BB had to look at 2010 as a rebuilding year; clean house and instill a new sense of toughness. They were too green to execute in the playoffs, but it was still a phenomenal year considering how '09 ended.

The other thing I loved was when BB said, after the Colts game, "People may say a lot of things about me, but one thing I'm not is scared."

Amen to that. He was saying, "I'm willing to take the heat to make tough calls, but I expect you to give me the confidence to make them." Unfortunately that team couldn't do so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I always thought the 4 and two spot was a horrible spot!  It was a first down.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  Faulk caught the ball then bobbled it for a second before regaining control and getting tackled.  During that split second I believe he gained about a foot. It always seemed to me like the refs placed the ball at the spot where Faulk initially caught the ball.....not where he was tackled.  I'm not sure if that extra foot would have given them the first down or not.  But it would have been MUCH closer....and my guess is that it would have: by inches.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] Would have been nice even if they had had Hearns' heart. He may have gotten knocked out by Hagler, but he landed some bombs and went out like a man[/QUOTE]

Yes Hearns did, no way Hagler was going to get beat that night tho, Hearns could have hit him with the ring post and still not knocked the Marvelouse one down.  Dang, don't get me talking Hagler and boxing, I could go on all day!

[QUOTE]The '09 Pats sort of whimpered away. What Part 2 showed me was how spectacular the 2010 14-2 accomplishment was.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Even if they had somehow won that game against the Ravens there was no way that Pats team could have won it all that year. BB was right, no mental toughness.  And yes, 2010 was spectacular seeing how they finished 2009 and totally turned it all around.  BB did his homework that off season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

A coach's coach

He knows the weaknesses but he may not
    have the pieces to fix it - We pick so late
    every year -

He plays his cards as well as anyone

On the 4th and 2

If the starting point was on the 20 after a touchback
    then I still thought Faulk had that too. They didn't give him
    the spot at full progress -gutsy call - loved him for it

It also reminded me that when the Oline was fully pressed
    the Dline let them get too close to TB too soon
    (That was his right side)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]I took away a couple things from part 2 (some I already felt): - His Conversations with Bob Kraft are sooo Awkward lol Just one word answers and long awkward Pauses.. Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

Ya I thought this was sort of weird. Every time they talked Belichick would say one word and then just walk away or Kraft would say something and BB would mutter something under his breath and stand there for a few seconds. Interesting to say the least

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No more speculation about 4th and 2 now.

I thought a big part of the special is when Brady comes in Bill's office all excited about preparing for the Colts saying he has been waiting for 2 years.

It shows how competitive he is with Manning and how bad he wants to win against the Colts more so than other teams for bragging rights w/his buddy. (Yes he is buddies w/Manning)

I say that to say this.  Yes Bill has balls of stone and said he wanted to go for it, but He aint foolish, he told Brady to take a delay of game if the look wasnt there.  We still debate wether or not Faulk got the 1st down, but me personally, i would rather umm,, maybe a 5 yard route ATLEAST, so wasnt it just as much Bradys call to go for it as it was Bills? I would like to know what would have happend if we punted it. Mayo said he wanted the chance to make the stop. I love the coach we have, but I wish he would make less risky decisions in the future.  The odds say make them drive the length of the field. Its one thing to have confidence in your offense, its another to disrespect the other teams defense and think they cant stop you as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I disagree Jay. Belichick felt it gave him the best chance to win. Think about what that means. He honestly believed that. It wasn't just a one liner to say to the media. He knew that the rebuilt young defense was not in any shape to hold one of the best QBs in the games history. He decided that the best way to win was to get 2 yards and the game would be over. I applaud the decision. It wasn't made out of arrogance, it was a carefully calculated decision that he knew he might have to make before the game. Awesome!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411998. Show user_4411998's posts

I watched the show last night. I am a Buffalo Bill fan, but I have a new found respect for Bill Belichick now. Loved the show. Loved his cool, calm demeanor. I appreciate all the experience that he has. Glad he agreed to do the show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]"For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the clock in my car!"
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Owners manual

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I had the same problem with the clock in my car.  The clock time is set automatically by the GPS system, so you have to re-set the GPS system to either standard or daylight time.  It wasn't in the owner's manual on my car--I just had to play around with it until I figured it out.