A little advice for everyone...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

A little advice for everyone...

Please live in the moment. Don't dwell on the past, and don't stress about future events (of which you don't have control over).

There will be a time when something serious will happen and you will be sitting around, depressed and crying, and asking yourself, "Why did I ever waste so much stress over a football game. A football game..."

Appreciate what you have now. Live in the moment, and don't stress over the little things. 

Again - save your stress for something important. You will thank me later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: A little advice for everyone...

bump

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I had GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) which is directly to the GAD.

I regularly go to psychologist, and needless to say, I have stress and anxiety issues.

Anytime I get overly stressed about something like a football game, I just come back to the idea of living in the moment, perspective in general, and the idea of appreciating what you have. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah, gonna go out with the wife for a few cocktails with some friends and enjoy the rest of the night.  Things may look alot better after next Sunday night.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Good thoughts.  I'll try to remember them, I get way to caught up in the game and then in the posts here.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sorry, I misspelled "too".  Sometimes I type too fast.  Not to fast, too fast.  Way too fast.  Also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Good advice that's lost on 85% of the people living here.

Perhaps the better advice (in my humble opinion) is to stop attaching all your emotional validations to the teams around here.  This perception of sports utopia/perfection "in this city" or at least within 495 has gotten out of control over the last few years. While winning is nice and something to be proud about, it shouldn't be the overriding emotion WE should live for. This has led to an attitude of superiority thus evolving into a culture of the Entitled. 

Losing?  This is the New England Patriots!  Tom Brady at home is a sure bet just by showing up.  (this goes for the other 3 teams as well,ok, the Bruins are close but not yet)  And then when they lose..

BLAME!! we need a scapegoat.  Irrational thoughts ensue. Monday Morning QBing, Madden12 GMs come out of the woodwork, and haters gonna hate.

All stemming from one core value gone amok: Over-enamored pride in Regional celebrity; or the "WE Syndrome".  Again, I love our teams but I also like to think I have a realistic view of their play. I think (hope) there are plenty of fans like me as well. Maybe only the most extreme will go to extreme lengths to be heard, thus shouting over the rational.

Anyway, the Patriots are a respectable playoff team, NOT a Super Bowl contender.   In terms of the NFL, the Patriots aren't as talented as "WE" think they are. Brady keeps them competitive.  They're more like the Detroit Lions of the 1990s.  Talented but flawed with a star (Barry Sanders) that kept them legitimate. Or even the Houston Oilers of 1987-1993.  Great offense but a defense that ultimately let them down every year.   WE still think 2001-2004  still breathes here in 2011. 

It doesn't.

And so we have emotional outbursts of irrational reasoning because WE loved the attention and glory we got as winners.  Losing brings us back to reality.

All good things must come to an end.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

rational is not for fanatics. i wouldnt worry about the ppl who freak after a loss. im a huge fan and follow every little move, but i just dont get mad over losses. during the game i get really into it and discuss the details of wats going on and get frustrated by inconsistent calls or bad play calling or sergio brown lol.

its a long season and this team just has to put it all together in 2 months.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: A little advice for everyone...:
    [QUOTE]Good advice that's lost on 85% of the people living here. Perhaps the better advice (in my humble opinion) is to stop attaching all your emotional validations to the teams around here.  This perception of sports utopia/perfection "in this city" or at least within 495 has gotten out of control over the last few years. While winning is nice and something to be proud about, it shouldn't be the overriding emotion WE should live for. This has led to an attitude of superiority thus evolving into a culture of the Entitled.  Losing?  This is the New England Patriots!  Tom Brady at home is a sure bet just by showing up.  (this goes for the other 3 teams as well,ok, the Bruins are close but not yet)  And then when they lose.. BLAME!! we need a scapegoat.  Irrational thoughts ensue. Monday Morning QBing, Madden12 GMs come out of the woodwork, and haters gonna hate. All stemming from one core value gone amok: Over-enamored pride in Regional celebrity; or the "WE Syndrome".  Again, I love our teams but I also like to think I have a realistic view of their play. I think (hope) there are plenty of fans like me as well. Maybe only the most extreme will go to extreme lengths to be heard, thus shouting over the rational. Anyway, the Patriots are a respectable playoff team, NOT a Super Bowl contender.   In terms of the NFL, the Patriots aren't as talented as "WE" think they are. Brady keeps them competitive.  They're more like the Detroit Lions of the 1990s.  Talented but flawed with a star (Barry Sanders) that kept them legitimate. Or even the Houston Oilers of 1987-1993.  Great offense but a defense that ultimately let them down every year.   WE still think 2001-2004  still breathes here in 2011.  It doesn't. And so we have emotional outbursts of irrational reasoning because WE loved the attention and glory we got as winners.  Losing brings us back to reality. All good things must come to an end.     
    Posted by LatenightOwl[/QUOTE]

They look about as good as any other lopsided, on again off again team in the nfl to me.  Except MAYBE the Packers, and that won't be an issue until the SB. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

In Response to Re: A little advice for everyone...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little advice for everyone... : They look about as good as any other lopsided, on again off again team in the nfl to me.  Except MAYBE the Packers, and that won't be an issue until the SB. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll take your chances to closest sports betting establishment on put a few duckets on them to win the SB as of 11/7.  You might get some fun odds too.  I just wouldn't expect a return.

They are good but they are flawed, as they have been for 3 years.  Green Bay has weaknesses too. 

I like Baltimore vs. New Orleans (This week)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It's pretty sad that when most people are so miserable & pessimistic at their specific present state, they never seem to realize that things can & most often will, always get much worse.  Even if it's an indirect subject situation or span of time, optimistic person should always realize that there's inevitably gonna be some simply unimaginably much greater form of suffering that's just awaitin' right on some ledge, all predestined to befall you, somewhere down the road when you least expect it.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts