A little bird told me...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

A little bird told me...

Will Smith and Dustin Keller will end up in New England.

Let's go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: A little bird told me...

Hope so.  I really like Smith, and think Keller is decent.  Could provide camp competition and/or depth on the 53 Man, depending on how the draft goes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'd like it. Hopefully it's done before the draft.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Sounds like a  a good thing to me, then it's lbs and Oline and tds in the draft
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd be happy of they signed big bird and Donald Duck at this point...remind me again why the nfl pushed the draft out two weeks. Was it to bore the fans to death?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Keller would be a lets give him a look and see what happens type of signing and shouldn't prevent them from getting a TE early in the draft, though might mean they don't double dip. However, without seeing him on the field using that knee we have no clue how he would turn out, so he would be extra icing if it worked but doesn't matter if it doesn't.

Smith though could be a good 1-2 year rotational sub rusher spelling Nink and Jones. At his age though you have to worry that he could get injured. At 32 going on 33 you shouldn't be counting on him to play a major role. However, having him would mean they don't have to spend early in the draft on a Murphy, Van Noy, or Smith. Instead they can hold off and try to grab a Clark in the late 3rd -4th range or players like Sam or Lynch in the 6th-7th range and see if Buchanan can make a jump.

Both solid moves if low cost but I'd still want a pass rushing DE to be a long term rotation solution with Nink and Jones and a starting caliber TE

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

RE: mthurl ^ To me I'm starting to believe that The NFL Draft is a work of fiction.  WhenTF even IS It?!?  I need the draft THE week after Easter...latest.  It ends evil & absolutely weather-capricious April for me, after then I can actually go outside on ANY Given New England Day.  Freakin' Goodell.

As for these 2 guys...I love both ideas.

RE: APpats- I agree...I don't like going into the draft feeling THIS devoid on several positional spots.  I need:  1 DE or DT, 1 Move TE, 1 RB, and 1 Interior OL...and preferably with Spikes gone, 1 LB...of either ILB/SOLB type.  I don't feel good at even 1 of these positions, roster-wise.

RE: PatsEng...  Agree on the details.  Signing these 2 would be VERY Belichick.  Talented Veterans for camp potential and just May beeee's.  Still believing Belichiick must see something cap-wise and cut-wise around the league.  It's a deep draft, and maybe that 6 mil + will come in handy as teams decide on incredibly cheap yet extremely slightly drop-off in youth verses way overpriced big name old vets in just a few choice camp cuts elsewhere.  Smith and Keller would be nice.  Still wanted that Raiders RB.  But other than RB position, move TE/Big WR and DE/DT depth is paramount.

RE: dreighver...Who's your "birdie"? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will Smith and Dustin Keller will end up in New England.

Let's go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I posted this a couple of weeks ago. I understand the Smith situation to be an agreement to sign assuming Pats don't draft a DE and they make a couple of other moves. But if things fall the way they should, I believe he is a done deal. I think his contract will be guaranteed. 

I also mentioned Keller a couple of weeks ago, but his contract will not be guaranteed ( in New England at least) Nd if another team does offer him a guarantee, he will sign there. Seems Phins also on him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've liked Smith as a rotational guy spelling Nink and Jones for awhile.  Can't see the downside in bringing in Keller for a tire kick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Saw that Jermichael Finley failed a physical with the Seahawks. Would the pats similar to the Ballard move bring him in and let him get healthy on the pup? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saw that Jermichael Finley failed a physical with the Seahawks. Would the pats similar to the Ballard move bring him in and let him get healthy on the pup? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Jake Ballard, Adrian Wilson, Ras-I Dowling, Jonathan Fanene . . . welcome to the Patriots Short-Term Disability Plan . . . full salary paid, no work required

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd be happy of they signed big bird and Donald Duck at this point...remind me again why the nfl pushed the draft out two weeks. Was it to bore the fans to death?

[object HTMLDivElement]

What? Of course not! What wrong with you? It was so they could HYPE you to death! (You'll end up dead just the same....)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Only real comparison would be Ballard in my opinion.  My question would be whether or not he can heal sufficiently to be of any use this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RE: mthurl ^ To me I'm starting to believe that The NFL Draft is a work of fiction.  WhenTF even IS It?!?  I need the draft THE week after Easter...latest.  It ends evil & absolutely weather-capricious April for me, after then I can actually go outside on ANY Given New England Day.  Freakin' Goodell.

As for these 2 guys...I love both ideas.

RE: APpats- I agree...I don't like going into the draft feeling THIS devoid on several positional spots.  I need:  1 DE or DT, 1 Move TE, 1 RB, and 1 Interior OL...and preferably with Spikes gone, 1 LB...of either ILB/SOLB type.  I don't feel good at even 1 of these positions, roster-wise.

RE: PatsEng...  Agree on the details.  Signing these 2 would be VERY Belichick.  Talented Veterans for camp potential and just May beeee's.  Still believing Belichiick must see something cap-wise and cut-wise around the league.  It's a deep draft, and maybe that 6 mil + will come in handy as teams decide on incredibly cheap yet extremely slightly drop-off in youth verses way overpriced big name old vets in just a few choice camp cuts elsewhere.  Smith and Keller would be nice.  Still wanted that Raiders RB.  But other than RB position, move TE/Big WR and DE/DT depth is paramount.

RE: dreighver...Who's your "birdie"? 

[/QUOTE]

I like both players too. As far as the draft...wouldn't surprise me if they moved it to September next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Prolate is a troll. Many Pats signings ended up not making the team or playing here in the SB years.  Prolate just forgets this or was not a fan back then.

Hmm.

Hey Prolate, what are your memories of any 1980s Pats team, besides the '85 club? lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Would be nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely...they suck for it....longest two weeks of my life!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If Keller is healthy he's got talent and will help this team immediately...it might take a few months for him to get all the way back, but those type of knee injuries are very serious...Smith works in the rotation and helps us get back to the playoffs...if this is true, we're in pretty good shape going into the draft