A little love for Ochocinco...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

A little love for Ochocinco...

I have been critical of Ochocinco in the past because I expected better of him... but I also said that I would be the first one to give him some love when he did well....

Two really big first down grabs earns #85 some love today...

Nice job....  keep em' coming....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: A little love for Ochocinco...

didnt you get the memo? Its hate on Guyton week.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im gonna give him some love.  I made a post about him and Big Al, but it was mainly on Big Al.  My comment on Ocho was more on the teams decison to bring in him and not a defenisve player at safety or LB.  My point was if we are scoring a bunch and dont need Ocho, why not help our defense. 

I dont like that we have 6 million invested and a 3rd rd pick invested in Price and getting minimal from both, but I am supportive of Ocho, because i want to see that 6 million pay off and I like him as a player....just dont care for his attention seeking ways...

as far as Big Al, Im done w/him...call me when he can get on the field...nothing new there.

Ocho only averaged 4 catches a game last year w/new guy T.O. getting all the balls, so I never expected huge games from Ocho, just make the plays when they present themselves and move the chains with the comebacks, and thats what he did, he is still smooth and sets up defenders nicely on sideline routes..and he can work the middle too....as long as he doesnt disappear like Moss when it gets cold, Im fine w/his progression.

Now where is Price?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: A little love for Ochocinco...:
    [QUOTE]Im gonna give him some love.  I made a post about him and Big Al, but it was mainly on Big Al.  My comment on Ocho was more on the teams decison to bring in him and not a defenisve player at safety or LB.  My point was if we are scoring a bunch and dont need Ocho, why not help our defense.  I dont like that we have 6 million invested and a 3rd rd pick invested in Price and getting minimal from both, but I am supportive of Ocho, because i want to see that 6 million pay off and I like him as a player....just dont care for his attention seeking ways... as far as Big Al, Im done w/him...call me when he can get on the field...nothing new there. Ocho only averaged 4 catches a game last year w/new guy T.O. getting all the balls, so I never expected huge games from Ocho, just make the plays when they present themselves and move the chains with the comebacks, and thats what he did, he is still smooth and sets up defenders nicely on sideline routes..and he can work the middle too....as long as he doesnt disappear like Moss when it gets cold, Im fine w/his progression. Now where is Price?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I can understand if you are upset that Big Al isnt on the feild but think before you write. The man has a back injury! Do you think he is telling BB he is not playing or do you think BB is telling him to rehab his back and get healthy for the next 12 games???? I cant wait unntil this guy walks onto the feild healthy and kicks azz. you will be eating your words. I am glad he is on our team and I bet BB signs him to a 3 year contract after this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]Im gonna give him some love.  I made a post about him and Big Al, but it was mainly on Big Al.  My comment on Ocho was more on the teams decison to bring in him and not a defenisve player at safety or LB.  My point was if we are scoring a bunch and dont need Ocho, why not help our defense.  I dont like that we have 6 million invested and a 3rd rd pick invested in Price and getting minimal from both, but I am supportive of Ocho, because i want to see that 6 million pay off and I like him as a player....just dont care for his attention seeking ways... as far as Big Al, Im done w/him...call me when he can get on the field...nothing new there. Ocho only averaged 4 catches a game last year w/new guy T.O. getting all the balls, so I never expected huge games from Ocho, just make the plays when they present themselves and move the chains with the comebacks, and thats what he did, he is still smooth and sets up defenders nicely on sideline routes..and he can work the middle too....as long as he doesnt disappear like Moss when it gets cold, Im fine w/his progression. Now where is Price?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I did notice Price was active and ready on the sidelines yesterday.  That could mean he is ready to see some action.

I am actually pretty positive on Price and I think once he gets on the field he will do some damage.  He reminds me of a faster Hernandez...  he's got great hands and athletic ability...  now he just needs some playing time.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little love for Ochocinco... : I can understand if you are upset that Big Al isnt on the feild but think before you write. The man has a back injury! Do you think he is telling BB he is not playing or do you think BB is telling him to rehab his back and get healthy for the next 12 games???? I cant wait unntil this guy walks onto the feild healthy and kicks azz. you will be eating your words. I am glad he is on our team and I bet BB signs him to a 3 year contract after this year.
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

Please understand this is nothing personal with Big Al.  I cant wait until he makes a play either, but i am being serious. we cant wait!  I dont care that he is injured.  I predicted as much, my point is how can you have big expectations for a guy with his track record in the last 3 years?  I am seeing what i expected. Did I try to see it as a positive early on and hoped he would be back to form? yes.  DId Al say all the right things? Yes. Other than that, why should I be happy about him?  He is still not in shape after 2 months. Still gets put to the ground too easily and doesnt get up.  He only plays a handful of snaps when he was heatlhy and he calls himself the sleeping the Giant.  Wait for him if you want and I will wait for the day I can eat some crow. Believe me I want to see him make plays, but right now, my eyes tell me he wont do much here...and you want to resign him for 3 more years!!!! lol, what a joke!

you forced it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It looks like Ocho is becoming more comfortable in the offense week by week. I think most of us expected as much..it just takes time.

if he can contribute when called on, that is all we need. Just like the rest of the receiving corps...he might be called on to deliver 7 for 100, or 2 for 20..just depends on the week and opponent...but if he can do that, I'm happy.

Regarding Price...yes, he was active yesterday and from his activity on the sideline, looked like he was chomping on the bit to play. We need to find a way to work this kid in. We all saw what potential he has, but with who we have at WR right now, how do you do that? I hope he makes his way into the rotation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Your answer Lifer about how do we do that could be solved this weekend.

Surely the jets are not gonna allow Wes to go off, so maybe Revis is in the slot, and A.Cromratie may cover Branch, so to me , next week would be a perfect time to trot out a guy in Price who's best route is the slant to come in w/ the jets having no film on him and let him abuse their nickel back or even be a decoy and run Cromratie out the play.  He has to start somewhere and it would help me relax and stop b*tching about the lack of playmakers we have on defense due to using 3rd rd picks on guys that arent needed...lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

And if people are hating on Guyton I have no idea why.

+1

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ocho is the man, he had some nice sideline catches out there.  Spoiled brats on this forum expect every receiver to have 100+ yards every game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well it's one thing we know is that Cro can't handle Welker and barely handles Branch. So Revis on Welker has to be the move with Cro on Branch. That leaves Gronk with Harris/Smith? Gronk would have a field day so I guess Cro has to move in on Gronk?

It's going to be a mismatch for someone regardless if it's Smith/Wilson on Branch/Ocho/Price or Smith/Harris on Gronk. And, lets not forget it they go 5 DB's playing that under zone they like to play against us that leaves this beast of an OL against a very weak DL to create some massive holes for BJGE and Ridley who both like to hit players instead of dancing out of bounds.

It's going to be fun to see what the Jets try to do to protect themselves.

I'm just hoping to see Mangold still out so I can see Sanchez scream like a little... well himself

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

This is what week 7 or 8 and counting. I think Ocho is doing well considering he should just be coming out of OTAs and entering training camp. That is, if this had been a normal, non-lock out year and he had been signed at the beginning of the normal free agent signing period. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

chad had a good game... two first down catches... so let the haters hate...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

they are in trouble...cromartie has trouble with quick dudes...it looked like the raiders where trying to take away gronk and brady to welker made them pay... they could not cover him... same thing this week... revis is overrated so I hope they do have him on wes.... should be fun...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he's improving, maybe not as fast as some would like but i still think he will get hot when it counts weeks 10-superbowl

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

He bounced back, that's for sure. But this was a real change of heart, guys. Last week, everyone was calling for him to be cut. I know people tend to be reactionary after a loss, so I won't judge. I myself was thinking we should put Taylor Price in.

Ocho hasn't made a huge impact in terms of production. When we traded for him, I kind of expected Randy Moss-like production (like around 800 yards, 10 TD's). 
    But he has been a solid receiver, a Deion Branch rather than a Randy Moss. Maybe his production will pick up later in the season, but right now, I don't mind Ocho getting only 2-3 catches a game, not when we're scoring 30+ points a game.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yes, Ocho looked good yesterday.  Two critical firts downs hauled in by him that were very pretty.  I haven't seen that for a long time from a PATS receiver, the old square out that was a signature of David Givens for one.  Moss did those too.  Good to see that again.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts