A look at 2nd half scoring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from faninCT. Show faninCT's posts

A look at 2nd half scoring

A previous post questioned the Pats 2nd half play so here are the numbers. If we exclude the Titans and Bucs blowouts we have been outscored 82 (plus 3 in Broncos OT) to 66 in the 2nd half compared with NE 130 to opponents 72 in the 1st half.

If the Titans and Bucs games are included our scoring is even more lopsided; 196 1st half, 94 2nd half.

There have been four games in which we were outscored in the 2nd half: first Jets game, Ravens, Broncos and Colts. Three of those we lost. The second Jets game was a tie in the second half - 7-7. Also, in all four games in which we were outscored in the 2nd half the opposing team scored more points in their 2nd half than the first which seems to indicate that they are adjusting to our offense and defense.

I've always believed that a good team wins it in the 2nd half by adjusting to it's opponent. That said, I'm not sure that we will get far by playing the way we are currently playing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: A look at 2nd half scoring

This is the story of the season.  The Pats better figure something out soon because even in the Jets game we only scored once in the second half. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Agreed... Its funny how we're always being acused of "running it up" in blowouts. It almost seems our response to it is being very complacent with leads as of late.

One thing my pops always told me is that the Pats have always been a nail biter team to watch even towards the end of 07. We gotta close out these games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Thanks for the scoring breakdown.  I can't understand why the pass defense can work fine until they are playing with a lead.  When teams are in a situation where they have to pass to get back in the game it should be easier to stop them because they know it's coming.  It makes me wonder what would happen if teams passed more against the Pats.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts