5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: A look at Rookies Production !!!

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

one sixth! bwahahahahaha! 

[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady's cap hit next year will be about the same as Sanchez and Bart Scott's combined cap hit.  Man the Pats really got the raw end of of that deal.  I mean I'd totally rather have two backup quality players than a HoF QB on my roster.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Even better.  Pace/Harris/Scott combined cap hit next year is about 34 million.  What a steal!  LMFAO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would also off the top of my head look at the Bengals and see Green, Johnson and Atkins as problowlers, with Dalton, Gresham, Dunlap and SMith being very good players.

the homer in me still say advantage Pats, but pretty close imo

[/QUOTE]

My only reply to your line of thinking is to look at the relative drafting positions of all the teams you mention. Cincy has been picking at the top of the draft for decades with the occasional bottom 16 pick. The Giants typically pick top 16 one year then bottom sixteen the next. No other team picking in the bottom 5-10 for a decade has been able to do what the Pats have done in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

dude, thats the point. The Pats have 3 starters from the draft from 04-09. regardless of where they have picked, they had a 5 year span that they whiffed on 36 of 41 draft choices

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If by "about the same"  you mean a lot less, then you're right. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  You aren't very good with that whole addition thing.  I know it's hard, but let me see if I can help you.  Brady's projected cap hit next year is 21.8 million (http://nyjetscap.com/Patriots/patriots2013.php).

Sanchez's is $12,853,125 and Scott is $8,650,000 (http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html) which totals to $21,503,125 which is a difference of a little under $300,000.  So yes it's about the same.  And of course they could cut Scott and save some money, but then I could just unplug Scott and plug in another overpaid scrub the Jets have on their roster and the result stays the same.  Unless of course you think they are going to cut their entire roster. 

In conclusion you are a dumbass.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We can always play "what if" with drafts, but it certainly won't help anything.  Nobody can predict injury, to the irrational fan an injured player is a bust.  Doesn't change that most of the players on our team have been labeled a bust at some point by fans whose allegiance wavers week to week. 

Chung is a very good player, on a defense that showcased his skill set he would have more individual acclaim, but he wouldn't necessarily be winning.  Here he puts personal recognition aside, that's the Patriot way. 

It's the same with McCourty playing free safety; he's playing there because he's the best athlete and can erase mistakes by Dennard and Moore at corner.  When our injured safeties come back, he'll go back to corner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Poor PhatRex! Imagine being a Jets fan and having to reduce yourself to trolling a Patriots website to compensate for your own team being a joke.

But who knows they could still win the Super Bowl this year. Tim Tebow still might get God to strike down all the other NFL teams.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts