A new #83?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

A new #83?

So I follow Aaron Dobson on twitter and he Tweeted that he will be wearing #17 and someone reply-tweeted and asked "what happened to #83?" and he replied and said "they didnt have it". Who would you like seeing wearing Wes Welkers old jersey this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: A new #83?

I heard that TFB sent in a request to have #83 retired so it's unavailable until a decision is reached.

hehe just kidding TFB!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

maybe they lied to the rookie and just dont want anyone to wear it for this year....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

lets try and predict....

Amendola 16

Dobson 17

D Jones 19

Boyce 82

Jenkins 84 

we already know 11' Edelman 18 Slater....dont think Branch will be here...we'll see...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Not unusual with the Pats and most other franchises to hold back a number when a significant player leaves or retires - usually for a year or two. Sign of respect to the player associated with a specific number.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I heard that TFB sent in a request to have #83 retired so it's unavailable until a decision is reached.

hehe just kidding TFB!

Hahaha, nice!  Well done!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

lets try and predict....

Amendola 16

Dobson 17

D Jones 19

Boyce 82

Jenkins 84 

we already know 11' Edelman 18 Slater....dont think Branch will be here...we'll see...

TJ Moe #83 or a number that will allow him too play QB as well like #9

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't think 83 will be worn this season.  That's a tough jersey number to fill.  All though it would be something if they gave it to Amendola, lol!  But with all due respect to Amendola that would probably be a big slap in the face.  Aiken wears # 16 correct?  Not sure what number Amendola will wear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh wait!!

Tim Tebow will probably wear #83!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Oh wait!!

Tim Tebow will probably wear #83!

Don't laugh you might be right!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What happened to Tebows guns? He looks a little slim TFB..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What are you guys talking about? Welker wore 83 after Troy Brown retired and Troy left on great terms with BB and TB. 

A FA picked 83, I'm guessing. Probably Jones or Jenkins. 

The only number that was psuedo retired was Tedy Bruschi. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

What happened to Tebows guns? He looks a little slim TFB..

He dropped some weight, he will be playing the slot on offense and CB on defense.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

What are you guys talking about? Welker wore 83 after Troy Brown retired and Troy left on great terms with BB and TB. 

Troy wore #80

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:Good question who did wear the number 83 before WW? answer Deion Branch.

Troy wore #80

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The guy who wore 83 before WW was pretty good from what I remember,guys name was Deion Branch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

The guy who wore 83 before WW was pretty good from what I remember,guys name was Deion Branch.

Yeah, you know, the one with the CLUTCH Super Bowl performance under his belt...Unlike someone we know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:

Yeah, you know, the one with the CLUTCH Super Bowl performance under his belt...Unlike someone we know.

Are you forgetting the 07 Super Bowl? Welker was the games Leading Receiver. The guy made one drop in the Super Bowl. One play is no excuse for why a team wins or loses a game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Branch is one of my fav's but you must be forgetting the play ight afer Welkers drop when Branch had a big time drop of his own.  Branch's drop ended the drive which ended the chance to score.  The pass was behind him but Branch had his hands on the ball, much easier pass to catch then Welkers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Branch is one of my fav's but you must be forgetting the play ight afer Welkers drop when Branch had a big time drop of his own.  Branch's drop ended the drive which ended the chance to score.  The pass was behind him but Branch had his hands on the ball, much easier pass to catch then Welkers.

Actually Branch was covered pretty tight he caught the ball but was out of bounds by about a half yard! Hernandez droped a ball in his bread basket after WW's easy drop! Sorry I really think that WW's pass did cost the Patriots the super bowl and his drop in last years Championship game changed the momentum in favor of The Ravens! he catches that ball we score again and the score goes to 16-3 a two TD difference with the Patriots getting the ball in the second half first....Game over!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Actually Branch was covered pretty tight he caught the ball but was out of bounds by about a half yard! Hernandez droped a ball in his bread basket after WW's easy drop! Sorry I really think that WW's pass did cost the Patriots the super bowl and his drop in last years Championship game changed the momentum in favor of The Ravens! he catches that ball we score again and the score goes to 16-3 a two TD difference with the Patriots getting the ball in the second half first....Game over!

You are mistaken. It was 3rd down and 11 at the 44 yard line.  Branch goes accross the middle and Brady hits him at the 24 yard line.  The pass was behind Branch but even Collinsworth said Branch ran a poor route and should have slowed down in the middle of the field.  Branch had his hands on the ball and allowed the play to get broken up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You are mistaken. It was 3rd down and 11 at the 44 yard line.  Branch goes accross the middle and Brady hits him at the 24 yard line.  The pass was behind Branch but even Collinsworth said Branch ran a poor route and should have slowed down in the middle of the field.  Branch had his hands on the ball and allowed the play to get broken up.

You could be mistaken also,the pass I saw was on the sidelines at just about 40 yardlineish- midfield.In any case they lost. Also regardless WW's drop was the key both times!

Sections
Shortcuts