A new Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

A new Welker

Did you see the Welker interview when he was throwing with Manning at Duke? Looks like we will now see the real Welker, personable, great interview, crack up, great sense of humor. Will be a clubhouse leader and end up working in the media Upon retirement. Will be a leader as he continues to be one of the hardest workers....Manning will love him 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: A new Welker

In response to rkarp's comment:

Did you see the Welker interview when he was throwing with Manning at Duke? Looks like we will now see the real Welker, personable, great interview, crack up, great sense of humor. Will be a clubhouse leader and end up working in the media Upon retirement. Will be a leader as he continues to be one of the hardest workers....Manning will love him 

Good luck Welker, except against us. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well, I think you are right, but it's not new, just minus the restraints.

Here's what Ghost had to say about it

Afterwards, Gostkowski reflected on Welker's departure, a move that may sting the locker room more than others.

"Wes is a guy who got along with everybody. It's the one part of the business that I think it's hard to understand and wrap your head around," Gostkowski said. "But it's just part of the business that we have no control over, so worrying about it and thinking about it doesn't do any well. It's almost like you have to move on. Wes meant a lot to this team and it was definitely sad to see him go."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That is the other part of building a team that goes vastly underrated....chemistry

time for someone else in the clubhouse to step up and fill this void. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

just go out and buy yourself that broncos' welker jersey. we all know you want to....while you're at it, why not pack your bags and head over to a broncos forum? they'll love all the good things you have to say about their team and all your negative comments towards the patriots.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

It's time for Pats fans to move on.

The REAL fans have!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Can't we be PAts fans but also fans of Wes, still root for him except when he competes against the Pats? 

all around good guy and great player

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Can't we be PAts fans but also fans of Wes, still root for him except when he competes against the Pats? 

Of course you can. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah, I wish BB ran a ship like Rex Ryan and the Jets. The players should be able to say/do whatever the heck they want. This usually leads to more wins and more Superbowls.

I think there is no doubt Wes Welker will now break every NFL record set for a receiver. My guess would be :

200 receptions.

25 tds

2k yards

and a nobel peace prize for free speech and constitutional awareness.

Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

sure, but thats not all you do. you continue to bash the patriots for not re-signing wes.....which is very annoying. if you are such a fan of the man, just become a broncos fan, it will be a smooth transition.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Welker will do well in Denver. Might not get the big stats he got in NE due to having a couple of good, talented receivers playing with him but he will be huge for Manning, especially if Manning is having a hard time throwing deeper passes.  Welker is a funny dude, his feet/foot comments at the press conference prior to facing the Jets were fantastic.  Did it all without cracking a smile.  Funny stuff.. but got benched for it.  It will be fun watching him being able to be himself and not a robot in the press like the Pats want their players to be.

The Pats/Bronco game is going to be amazing on so many levels.  While I will be hoping for a Pats blow out win, I can already picture me sitting on the edge of my chair the entire game watching a very tough, tight game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

sure, but thats not all you do. you continue to bash the patriots for not re-signing wes.....which is very annoying. if you are such a fan of the man, just become a broncos fan, it will be a smooth transition.

I am not aware that I bashed the Pats for not signing Wes? I leave my bashing to signing over aged free agents. 

tell the truth I would have bashed the Pats if they signed Wes for 3 years, or even 2/$20. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yeah, I wish BB ran a ship like Rex Ryan and the Jets. The players should be able to say/do whatever the heck they want. This usually leads to more wins and more Superbowls.

I think there is no doubt Wes Welker will now break every NFL record set for a receiver. My guess would be :

200 receptions.

25 tds

2k yards

and a nobel peace prize for free speech and constitutional awareness.

Yell

I see what you did there, lol!!

However, while you make a joke about it I think there are times that not letting the players talk a bit of smack before big games does hurt the team in the way they play.  I have seen some big games the Pats lost because they were bullied before the game and it showed during the game.  They can say don't listen to the noise but I'm sure they still hear the noise. 

I think smack talk has it's place.  Heck, I think that's why Ali was such a great fighter was because he talked so much smack.  The guy had so much pride that after all the smack talk he did he had to go out and back it all up, and he did.  I would love to see the Pats get involved in a little bit of verbal warfare before a big game.  I bet Bellichick would be a master at smack talking.  Could you imagine Spikes talking smack, LOL!  We won't see it but I do think it would help them if they were allowed to bully the bullies pregame every now and then.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I think smack talk has it's place.  Heck, I think that's why Ali was such a great fighter was because he talked so much smack.  The guy had so much pride that after all the smack talk he did he had to go out and back it all up, and he did.  I would love to see the Pats get involved in a little bit of verbal warfare before a big game.  I bet Bellichick would be a master at smack talking.  Could you imagine Spikes talking smack, LOL!  We won't see it but I do think it would help them if they were allowed to bully the bullies pregame every now and then.

A completely juvenile attitude. All that this nonsense does is create fodder for empty ESPN type "stories." These are professionals, not kids on a playground. "My dad can beat up your dad." Idiocy. I agree with Belichick's philosophy. Concentrate on doing your job and good things will happen on the field. If you win it all, then have your say. If you don't, there's not much to say and all the trash talk was useless and makes you look like a fool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares, what's that got to do with us? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

A completely juvenile attitude. All that this nonsense does is create fodder for empty ESPN type "stories." These are professionals, not kids on a playground. "My dad can beat up your dad." Idiocy. I agree with Belichick's philosophy. Concentrate on doing your job and good things will happen on the field. If you win it all, then have your say. If you don't, there's not much to say and all the trash talk was useless and makes you look like a fool.

Hahaha!  Are you still a child? It's not about "my dad can beat up your dad" anymore, it's "I'm going out on that field on Sunday, punch you in the mouth and win the game."  Teams have done it to the Pats in big games over the last couple years, it might be a good time to get tough and fight the bullies back.  I can think of a few games where it looked like the Pats stepped out on the field and were already mentally beat. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

You're the one sounding like a child. Games are not won or lost by how loud and long you talk. They're won or lost by on field performance or lack thereof. The Pats were out played in some recent play-off games. Period. No amount of talk would have or will change that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great locker room guy who dropped a Super Bowl winning pass....f him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

You're the one sounding like a child. Games are not won or lost by how loud and long you talk. They're won or lost by on field performance or lack thereof. The Pats were out played in some recent play-off games. Period. No amount of talk would have or will change that.

A lot of competitions are already won or lost before they even start.  Have you not heard before, most competitions are 80% mental.  I have seen plenty of athletic competitions where a individual or team are already beat before stepping onto the field of play.  I have seen it with the Pats.  I really think there are times a bit of tough talk goes a long way, especially when someone is doing it to you.  I think it would do this team some good to talk a little trash to their opponent before a big game.  I'm not saying go over board or anything like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Talk is cheap.

Actions speak louder than words.

Cliches, I know, but they don't become cliches unless there's a good deal of truth in them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Great locker room guy who dropped a Super Bowl winning pass....f him.

To be fair to Wes, his teammates didn't help out much either

safety - 2 points
    12 men on the field penalty that negated a Giants fumble - 7 points
    offsides penalty that negated a 4th quarter three-and-out

Plus, Brady's throw could have been better

Sections
Shortcuts